Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

That's why D3 broke a fastest selling PC game record right? Please the only reason they ditched always online for consoles is because of the way people reacted to microsofts reveal. Console gamers bitch and moan about things that PC gamers just see as a way of life for a PC gamer. Your making it out to be a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger deal than it really was. Very very few PC gamers who have D3 care about the always online requirement. Nobody wants it ditched.

The fact that you say hacking and duping is just a part of the game is ridiculous. Hacking and duping completely destroys the integrity of the game. It did so in D2. The hacks that were in D2 were a hell of alot worse than an always online requirement.

In fact D3 vanilla sold over 12 million copies on PC which is almost more than any single 360 and ps4 game sold on a single platform which proves the fact that always online isn't anywhere near being that big of a deal on PC.

Right now there is no duping on the PC version because there is absolutely no benefit from it because trading isn't allowed again unlike the console version

Well you must live in a weird bizzaro reality then because LOTS of people gave a huge shit about online DRM D3. Lots of people couldn't even play the game for months because of it. There was a massive shit storm about it on every gaming website virtually. There was petition after petition and at every chance Blizzard was questioned about getting rid of it. Guess you were under that proverbial rock you like to live under when your straw man argument isn't flying during that time.

Ever since Diablo 1 , hacking and duping have seriously been apart of things regardless if we like it or not. Duping is a common game bug across tens of thousands of games (Final Fantasy is a big one I remember duping being very easy to do) and using that bug to support always online as a fix is a poor argument. And it doesn't matter that duping is no longer a "thing" because it was for well over a year until Blizzard overhauled the game dramatically and before hand always online wasn't doing the job.

Yes , Diablo 3 sold very well but it could have sold more if online DRM wasn't a requirement. Its selling very well on consoles and people aren't raving about the hacks and duping and there is no online requirement (which has made many very happy).

You really think Jay Wilson "moved on" from being the head of development for D3 because Blizzard was pleased with the PR during that period? Jay Wilson hasn't been heard from in quite a while by the way and Diablo 3 would have sold 12 million copies if it was delivered in a coat of dog shit as the hype was so massive that Blizzard had guaranteed those sales long before the game came out thanks to several D3 appearances at Blizzcon.

D3 is a much better experience without it. And without Jay's influence.

Last edited:
You guys should get a hotel room with Next-jin and YeuEmMaiMai and have a circle jerk. You guys argue over the most pointless things ever.

You guys should get a hotel room with Next-jin and YeuEmMaiMai and have a circle jerk. You guys argue over the most pointless things ever.

Ok let me just stop you right there, comparing me to Yue is borderline criminal.

And I disagree with Godmachine every so often but he is hitting his current argument with Vlad out of the park. Not that it's hard to do, but he is doing it in indepth fashion making it a hilarious read.

Last edited:
Ok let me just stop you right there, comparing me to Yue is borderline criminal.

And I disagree with Godmachine every so often but he is hitting his current argument with Vlad out of the park. Not that it's hard to do, but he is doing it in indepth fashion making it a hilarious read.

:D

regardless, the idiosyncrasies and pointless arguing over hyperbole and semantics gets old and just give you guys poor reputations around here. It is like watching republicans vs democrat tv ads ad nauseum.

:D

regardless, the idiosyncrasies and pointless arguing over hyperbole and semantics gets old and just give you guys poor reputations around here. It is like watching republicans vs democrat tv ads ad nauseum.

Its a forum of opinions. Disagreements are abound.

And we are not even within a country mile of where democrats and republicans are when it comes to asinine debates.

Plus I don't think any of us take it too seriously (ok maybe Vlad..) its all just filling the boredom.

Well you must live in a weird bizzaro reality then because LOTS of people gave a huge shit about online DRM D3. Lots of people couldn't even play the game for months because of it. There was a massive shit storm about it on every gaming website virtually. There was petition after petition and at every chance Blizzard was questioned about getting rid of it. Guess you were under that proverbial rock you like to live under when your straw man argument isn't flying during that time.

Ever since Diablo 1 , hacking and duping have seriously been apart of things regardless if we like it or not. Duping is a common game bug across tens of thousands of games (Final Fantasy is a big one I remember duping being very easy to do) and using that bug to support always online as a fix is a poor argument. And it doesn't matter that duping is no longer a "thing" because it was for well over a year until Blizzard overhauled the game dramatically and before hand always online wasn't doing the job.

Yes , Diablo 3 sold very well but it could have sold more if online DRM wasn't a requirement. Its selling very well on consoles and people aren't raving about the hacks and duping and there is no online requirement (which has made many very happy).

You really think Jay Wilson "moved on" from being the head of development for D3 because Blizzard was pleased with the PR during that period? Jay Wilson hasn't been heard from in quite a while by the way and Diablo 3 would have sold 12 million copies if it was delivered in a coat of dog shit as the hype was so massive that Blizzard had guaranteed those sales long before the game came out thanks to several D3 appearances at Blizzcon.

D3 is a much better experience without it. And without Jay's influence.

facts are facts and D3 is still one of the best selling PC games of all time, and is still one of the most active online games currently. And it still has the always online requirement doesn't it? Apparently the people who hate always online enough to not play it are significantly outnumbered by those who don't give a damn or see the fact that the always online makes the game significantly more balanced. strange. The vocal minority who like to bitch about everything are just that, a vocal minority

facts are facts and D3 is still one of the best selling PC games of all time, and is still one of the most active online games currently. And it still has the always online requirement doesn't it? Apparently the people who hate always online enough to not play it are significantly outnumbered by those who don't give a damn or see the fact that the always online makes the game significantly more balanced. strange. The vocal minority who like to bitch about everything are just that, a vocal minority

You mean your facts are facts and everyone else's facts are "opinions"? Saying its one of the best selling games of all time on PC doesn't excuse its faults now or then. People would have bought D3 in almost any form. The hype machine was in full effect. I don't consider D3 to be a good representation of the general opinion for online DRM because it could not fail. Outside of Blizzard announcing support of Al Qaeda in a press conference there was no possible way D3 wasn't going to sell incredible volumes of the game. People who had ZERO interest in PC gaming bought gaming PC's for it..

Seriously everyone but the few like yourself that pop up to defend it dislike the concept and execution of it. What more proof of always online hatred do you need then Microsoft's E3 2013 conference?

If there is any vocal minority its you Vlad. You've proven time and time again that your opinion encircles the very idea of logic simply to attempt to drown it in hyperbole.

Luckily for you cloud gaming will take over physical media as we know it so everyone will get to share in the online DRM regardless if they like it or not and I'm sure people are going to love that experience with our aging infrastructure.

And we are not even within a country mile of where democrats and republicans are when it comes to asinine debates.

The above 2 posts put you awfully close ;)

You mean your facts are facts and everyone else's facts are "opinions"? Saying its one of the best selling games of all time on PC doesn't excuse its faults now or then. People would have bought D3 in almost any form. The hype machine was in full effect. I don't consider D3 to be a good representation of the general opinion for online DRM because it could not fail. Outside of Blizzard announcing support of Al Qaeda in a press conference there was no possible way D3 wasn't going to sell incredible volumes of the game. People who had ZERO interest in PC gaming bought gaming PC's for it..

Seriously everyone but the few like yourself that pop up to defend it dislike the concept and execution of it. What more proof of always online hatred do you need then Microsoft's E3 2013 conference?

If there is any vocal minority its you Vlad. You've proven time and time again that your opinion encircles the very idea of logic simply to attempt to drown it in hyperbole.

Luckily for you cloud gaming will take over physical media as we know it so everyone will get to share in the online DRM regardless if they like it or not and I'm sure people are going to love that experience with our aging infrastructure.

Bullshit ive been proven wrong. Just look at the length of the D3 thread in this forum. Its 844 pages long, and over 16,500 posts long. Your right though its such an unpopular game that nobody enjoys lmfao. What about Reaper of Souls sales? Sold 2.7 million on its first day alone. I guess nobody liked the game and hated the always online after it had been out for so long right? You've proven absolutely nothing but your own naivety

So to stomp all over the online or not drm fight. I really like D3 on the couch with a controller. I think it's the first game available on pc that I preferred on a console. It's just well done - still D3, love it or hate it - but as of today - it's the best version of D3.

And the point of the argument continues to elude you entirely. But keep quoting sales figures as if that certifies online DRM as a working policy without conflict.

:rolleyes:

And yet you claim to be posting "facts" when in truth every single argument against it that you've posted is pure speculation. "oh well D3 only sold so well because it was hyped by blizzard" nothing you posted is factual. Absolutely nothing. Why is it still one of the best selling PC games of all time? Why is its expansion selling at such a high rate? Why is it still one of the most active online PC games currently? Care to answer any of those questions with actual facts as opposed to I know a guy who knows a few guys who say always online is bad. Anyone who plays the game and who played D2 knows the advantages of the always online and is fine with it. Hacking and duping destroyed the online community of D2 and every single major runeword was being duped and sold. Nobody had legitimate gear in D2 except for the people with terrible gear.

Every single one of your posts is pure speculation that your trying to pass off as factual evidence. You have a future career as either a) a politician or b) a fox news reporter

Every single one of your posts is pure speculation that your trying to pass off as factual evidence. You have a future career as either a) a politician or b) a fox news reporter

Vlad , I know I'm not alone in saying this , this is exactly what you do every time you post in this sub forum. You literally argued for the sake of arguing in that Wii-U thread for over a year using the same push points over and over again.

You are the Fox News Reporter Vlad. At least I attempt to reason and provide logical view points even if I'm right or wrong. You hammer in nonsensical opinions and pass them off as factual information when they are thinly veiled and almost completely transparent.

No point in attempting to rationalize with you further (which is my fault since I knew better) and its derailing the thread. Head back to your natural stomping grounds if you please.

Back to the topic..

I'm level 20 Paragon Demon Hunter and just got a wicked Legendary bow as a gift from a friend. Love the gifting system. Also have yet to die to my any of my friend's nemesis's yet..

Last edited:
Vlad , I know I'm not alone in saying this , this is exactly what you do every time you post in this sub forum. You literally argued for the sake of arguing in that Wii-U thread for over a year using the same push points over and over again.

You are the Fox News Reporter Vlad. At least I attempt to reason and provide logical view points even if I'm right or wrong. You hammer in nonsensical opinions and pass them off as factual information when they are thinly veiled and almost completely transparent.

No point in attempting to rationalize with you further (which is my fault since I knew better) and its derailing the thread. Head back to your natural stomping grounds if you please.

Back to the topic..

I'm level 20 Paragon Demon Hunter and just got a wicked Legendary bow as a gift from a friend. Love the gifting system. Also have yet to die to my any of my friend's nemesis's yet..

So your saying its not a fact that Diablo 3 is one of the best selling? That its not one of the most active online games today? That its expansion didn't sell well...any google search can tell you that those are in fact, facts. Just because you think your opinion is valid doesn't override its sales history. Or how bout the fact that its thread in the PC gaming subforum is one of the longest probably ever on [H]. I can all but guarantee this thread won't even reach that length, and so far ad I can tell no console gaming thread has ever reached that length.

The funny thing is is if Microsoft had not changed their plans, every single time sales numbers for the consoles came up you would 100% say it was because of the always online requirement the console has (or checkout w/e.) if the PC crowd was the same as the console crowd D3 wouldn't have sold nearly as well as it did. The fact that it was always online was known wayyyy before it was released.

Just look at Sim City, it was no where near as well received as Diablo, and was mostly due to its online requirement and server issues at launch. D3 had the same type of issues with servers at launch yet beyond its launch window still sold at a high rate. Always online makes sense for some games and doesn't for others. In this case it does, and its ratings/sales/community prove that.

Oh and FYI I stopped posting in that Wii u thread a lonnnggg time ago and was only even active in it for a few weeks. And I wasn't the only person who wad sick of Next in there, every single person was tired of him

If anyone would like to add me my psn is CryingGod.

Been playing this a bit lately since I had the last couple days off, made it to paragon 60 on my demon hunter. This game feels so much more like a worthy successor to diablo 2, now than when it was released.

Oh and FYI I stopped posting in that Wii u thread a lonnnggg time ago and was only even active in it for a few weeks. And I wasn't the only person who wad sick of Next in there, every single person was tired of him

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. People may dislike me for hammering away at sales data, future projections and trends but they can't argue with me either. People dislike you for far different reasons and it just keeps going right over your head which is the point, some people might not see it but I do. I wish I had known who you were before being banned at GAF and correlate your posts between both forums, they are more touchy over there and ban hammers come daily.

You're an interesting character and you have (at least for me) been very entertaining. I don't dislike you at all, and in fact you are the reason I come to [H] now for the most part. Some of the stuff you come up with is so incredibly stupid I can't help but laugh. At first I thought you were serious with some of those PS4/Xbox One News postings early this year or even some of the ones here in console gaming. It was hard to know if it was serious or not, but now it's time to reroll a new handle and bring something different to the table.

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. People may dislike me for hammering away at sales data, future projections and trends but they can't argue with me either. People dislike you for far different reasons and it just keeps going right over your head which is the point, some people might not see it but I do. I wish I had known who you were before being banned at GAF and correlate your posts between both forums, they are more touchy over there and ban hammers come daily.

You're an interesting character and you have (at least for me) been very entertaining. I don't dislike you at all, and in fact you are the reason I come to [H] now for the most part. Some of the stuff you come up with is so incredibly stupid I can't help but laugh. At first I thought you were serious with some of those PS4/Xbox One News postings early this year or even some of the ones here in console gaming. It was hard to know if it was serious or not, but now it's time to reroll a new handle and bring something different to the table.

I was never a registered member on GAF. Not once have I posted there. As far as this board is concerned I can count the number of people who "dislike" me on a single hand and all of them are only primarily active in this subforum.

People don't line you because you do nothing but repeat the same shit in certain threads and refuse to go away even after people tell you to.

This three is a prime example of why I hate this sub. I have posted [H] facts including sales numbers and nobody has countered that with anything other than pure speculation.

ROS has now sold 8 million copies on PC console sales may or may not hit those levels, its definitely possible they will.

If anything hurt D3 it was the loot system and the AH. Not the always online. And that shows through how many players left the game and came back with the 2.0 patch

So your saying its not a fact that Diablo 3 is one of the best selling? That its not one of the most active online games today? That its expansion didn't sell well...any google search can tell you that those are in fact, facts. Just because you think your opinion is valid doesn't override its sales history. Or how bout the fact that its thread in the PC gaming subforum is one of the longest probably ever on [H]. I can all but guarantee this thread won't even reach that length, and so far ad I can tell no console gaming thread has ever reached that length.

The funny thing is is if Microsoft had not changed their plans, every single time sales numbers for the consoles came up you would 100% say it was because of the always online requirement the console has (or checkout w/e.) if the PC crowd was the same as the console crowd D3 wouldn't have sold nearly as well as it did. The fact that it was always online was known wayyyy before it was released.

Just look at Sim City, it was no where near as well received as Diablo, and was mostly due to its online requirement and server issues at launch. D3 had the same type of issues with servers at launch yet beyond its launch window still sold at a high rate. Always online makes sense for some games and doesn't for others. In this case it does, and its ratings/sales/community prove that.

I was never a registered member on GAF. Not once have I posted there. As far as this board is concerned I can count the number of people who "dislike" me on a single hand and all of them are only primarily active in this subforum.

People don't line you because you do nothing but repeat the same shit in certain threads and refuse to go away even after people tell you to.

This three is a prime example of why I hate this sub. I have posted [H] facts including sales numbers and nobody has countered that with anything other than pure speculation.

ROS has now sold 8 million copies on PC console sales may or may not hit those levels, its definitely possible they will.

If anything hurt D3 it was the loot system and the AH. Not the always online. And that shows through how many players left the game and came back with the 2.0 patch

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=350467

/drops mic

yeah not me

lol ok

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=20919398

Present the exact same failed arguments for Xbox One hardware bottlenecks
Justify saying TLoU was not a good game/story with the exact same reasons
Fanboys
Windows 8 is superior to 7
All about the Xbox

"Removing the DRM i can flat out guarantee was not that simple."

c'mon son

And that was only 38 posts prior to being banned.

I could link TONS of threads here where you get slammed.

Last edited:
lol ok

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=20919398

Present the exact same failed arguments for Xbox One hardware bottlenecks
Justify saying TLoU was not a good game/story with the exact same reasons
Fanboys
Windows 8 is superior to 7
All about the Xbox

"Removing the DRM i can flat out guarantee was not that simple."

c'mon son

And that was only 38 posts prior to being banned.

I could link TONS of threads here where you get slammed.

Once again, not me. I have never had a registered account on Gaf and never will.

I can link just as many posts where people are flat out sick of seeing your name even pop up in threads. As fas as me being slammed? Right, you mean naively bitched at by yourself? Please, the same 5 or less people who make it their goal in life to find whatever posts i participate in and saying something negatively is FAR from that.

come on, im still waiting for "facts" about how online DRM was so detrimental to D3, anybody? Nobody? I have yet to see a single factual post aside from he said she said, wheres I've actually presented facts with sourcing specifically around sales numbers, and you can very easily go online and see the active number of public games to see how incredibly big the online community is right now. that DIRECTLY counters the arguments about how bad the always online portion of the game is received, you have nothing that says otherwise other than "oh but everyone i talked to hates it i.e everyone hates it". What a joke, and its on the same level of every single post that you and select others always ALWAYS put in these threads.

And prevents players across the world from being able to play the game and not everyone has solid stable internet either. Its years later and people STILL have the same error they've been getting from logging on in Diablo 3 now and again do to authentication problems.

Hacking and Duping are part of the nature of the game. There is already a duping bug for the console version , would always online have stopped that? Many games have duping bugs , MANY , should we also make those online only?

There was hacking and duping for the PC version and every time it was patched it would end up popping up its head again later on.

Since the 360 and PS3 both have hacked firmwares its not surprising. But the PS4 and Xbox One do not and likely won't for quite sometime. So the always online requirement is a straw man argument now. Blizzard would have sold more copies of D3 if it wasn't for online DRM and the community would have survived just fine without it. Why do you think Microsoft ditched its entire strategy for online requirements? Its EXTREMELY unpopular with pretty much everyone but the few like yourself. Droves of people ditched the Xbox platform because of that nasty decision even after it was reversed. I would imagine that lots of people passed on D3 because of it as well.

You don't even need hacked firmware to alter your gear on the 360. Anyone with a USB thumb stick can do it.

As far as the current duping exploit, yes, always online would fix that. It's accomplished because the game doesn't save at appropriate times. Maybe the PS4/XBO aren't powerful enough, but you can't accomplish the console dupe trick on the PC version. And I'm not saying this game should be online only. As I stated above, I'd prefer it if they gave you an offline mode and an online mode where you can import your online characters into offline mode, but not the other way around. I mean, take a look at the PlayStation Trophies Diablo 3 message board and there are open talks about cheating there. I don't care what you do offline, but it's online where this is wrong.

I mean, why bother duping, using modded gear, etc. Diablo is a loot fest game. It's the equivalent to using an aimbot in an FPS.

Once again, not me. I have never had a registered account on Gaf and never will.

I can link just as many posts where people are flat out sick of seeing your name even pop up in threads. As fas as me being slammed? Right, you mean naively bitched at by yourself? Please, the same 5 or less people who make it their goal in life to find whatever posts i participate in and saying something negatively is FAR from that.

come on, im still waiting for "facts" about how online DRM was so detrimental to D3, anybody? Nobody? I have yet to see a single factual post aside from he said she said, wheres I've actually presented facts with sourcing specifically around sales numbers, and you can very easily go online and see the active number of public games to see how incredibly big the online community is right now. that DIRECTLY counters the arguments about how bad the always online portion of the game is received, you have nothing that says otherwise other than "oh but everyone i talked to hates it i.e everyone hates it". What a joke, and its on the same level of every single post that you and select others always ALWAYS put in these threads.

lol

lol yourself the only times ive ever visited gaf is when someone on here mentioned a specific thread/topic being discussed on it. I dont even have an email address that qualifies to register with them as i only have corporate email addresses or google. Im not stupid enough to register for a gaming site on my corporate work email and google isnt in their list of allowed/valid email clients.

Don't bother pointing out fanboys here; they'll just deny it until they're blue in the face. They make it obvious enough by themselves; bringing it up will only result in a pointless, and endless argument.

lol yourself the only times ive ever visited gaf is when someone on here mentioned a specific thread/topic being discussed on it. I dont even have an email address that qualifies to register with them as i only have corporate email addresses or google. Im not stupid enough to register for a gaming site on my corporate work email and google isnt in their list of allowed/valid email clients.

Ok Vlad that wasn't you, I believe you.

Smh

And the lol was not due to your denying the banned account. The lol was for you going all die hard on sales numbers when you got called out late last year on PS4 vs One demand and in the Wii U is done thread.

I can't use that type of approach yet you can apparently. This is the first time you've done it and I'm not arguing that point.

Last edited:
Thread starts with some fantastic news of Diablo 3 and the Xbox One, ends off topic with something that should in the mayhem section. :rolleyes:

Thread starts with some fantastic news of Diablo 3 and the Xbox One, ends off topic with something that should in the mayhem section. :rolleyes:

Not really it's still about Diablo 3, Vlad and God just got into if a bit with the original release. I don't think anyone argued in favor of PS4 vs Xbox One. The game is awesome on both.

It is on topic about D3 and one primary difference between console and pc versions. Im not sure why god can't admit the fact that consoles and PC gamers are different demographics. PC gamers have made major transitions that consoles haven't. Digital distribution is a GIGANTIC one.

PC gamers look at console resolution wars and say if console gamers really cared that much about resolution and performance they would buy a PC, console gamers say its not the same demographic because of cost. Both are valid points.

Always online is forced by consumers. It is forced by gamers doing things like hacking the PSP with homebrew, hacking the WII with homebrew. These things have a negative affect on the industry as a whole and especially skew the viewpoint that studios and companies like Microsoft and Nintendo view the industry. Blizzard saw how Diablo 2 was completely ruined by hacking, and I mean completely. That forced their hand to do what they thought was right to keep the playing experience consistant for everyone, keeping illegitimate advantages out of it in any way possible.

The fact that console versions already have exploits that people not only took effort to find, but actively use IMO justifies their decision for always online even more. I wouldn't be surprised if the backlash on Microsofts initial policies had a major impact on their decision to include an offline mode for consoles.

A funny thing also is after the mention of gaf I ventured there and found and interesting thread. Apparently Single player games on PSN require digital certificates, and when the DDOS attack happened people lost the ability to play those games. The funny part about that is until they lost access to the games, very very few people had any clue that that would happen. Which again, supports the idea that always online isn't anywhere near as big of an issue as people made it out to be during the reveal. If PSN is requiring checks like this that virtually nobody knew was happening, how does that not support the fact that an always online environment in practice, is actually not that bad.

People blame companies like Blizzard, EA, Microsoft for anti consumer, always online policies when people abusing exploits, putting homebrew on their consoles that they spent YEARS and millions developing, anti consumer tactics by the consumers themselves force these decisions on the companies whos existence depends on sales. Not only that, game studios put their trust in the console makers to make pirating as difficult as possible so the studio doesn't lose sales over it. Its why the Vita has ABSURDLY priced proprietary memory cards, if homebrew didn't happen on the PSP I have no doubt that wouldn't be the case. If gamers themselves use anti consumer tactics in abusing their systems to get things for free, the are leaving very little breathing room for the major companies like Blizzard and Microsoft to make, to support their industry, to ensure that their industry stays alive, their jobs and livelihood depends on it.

It is on topic about D3 and one primary difference between console and pc versions. Im not sure why god can't admit the fact that consoles and PC gamers are different demographics. PC gamers have made major transitions that consoles haven't. Digital distribution is a GIGANTIC one.

PC gamers look at console resolution wars and say if console gamers really cared that much about resolution and performance they would buy a PC, console gamers say its not the same demographic because of cost. Both are valid points.

Always online is forced by consumers. It is forced by gamers doing things like hacking the PSP with homebrew, hacking the WII with homebrew. These things have a negative affect on the industry as a whole and especially skew the viewpoint that studios and companies like Microsoft and Nintendo view the industry. Blizzard saw how Diablo 2 was completely ruined by hacking, and I mean completely. That forced their hand to do what they thought was right to keep the playing experience consistant for everyone, keeping illegitimate advantages out of it in any way possible.

The fact that console versions already have exploits that people not only took effort to find, but actively use IMO justifies their decision for always online even more. I wouldn't be surprised if the backlash on Microsofts initial policies had a major impact on their decision to include an offline mode for consoles.

A funny thing also is after the mention of gaf I ventured there and found and interesting thread. Apparently Single player games on PSN require digital certificates, and when the DDOS attack happened people lost the ability to play those games. The funny part about that is until they lost access to the games, very very few people had any clue that that would happen. Which again, supports the idea that always online isn't anywhere near as big of an issue as people made it out to be during the reveal. If PSN is requiring checks like this that virtually nobody knew was happening, how does that not support the fact that an always online environment in practice, is actually not that bad.

People blame companies like Blizzard, EA, Microsoft for anti consumer, always online policies when people abusing exploits, putting homebrew on their consoles that they spent YEARS and millions developing, anti consumer tactics by the consumers themselves force these decisions on the companies whos existence depends on sales. Not only that, game studios put their trust in the console makers to make pirating as difficult as possible so the studio doesn't lose sales over it. Its why the Vita has ABSURDLY priced proprietary memory cards, if homebrew didn't happen on the PSP I have no doubt that wouldn't be the case. If gamers themselves use anti consumer tactics in abusing their systems to get things for free, the are leaving very little breathing room for the major companies like Blizzard and Microsoft to make, to support their industry, to ensure that their industry stays alive, their jobs and livelihood depends on it.

I couldn't play online during that time or get mail due to the outage/maint but I could play the game in single player with my digital version. So I didn't have that issue, news to me.

I played Diablo 3 for the first few months on PC it came out.
I since then have repicked up the game on my ps3.
Now I have the expansion as well.

This game runs fine on the ps3.
I didn't get Diablo 3 for graphical reasons, I love Blizzard games. The quality and work done with the amount of time to play these games are incredible.

As of this post, I am level 68, but for some reason, I cannot connect with anyone on multiplayer! I'm a little ticked at that.

Other than that, a very welcomed expansion.
Note* This may be one of the final titles I will buy for the ps3.

Then to the ps4 I go (probably Christmas).
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls?
8.5/10
I'd give another point if the multiplayer game search wasn't so crappy.
I highly doubt, noone else is online.

Especially only being out for 6 days.

SMH

Way to derail the thread with a BS argument :rolleyes:

On the topic of D3 on the console, some observations:

1) at blizzcon it was 2 players locally, I only realized today that you can play four people from your couch - very cool and well done
2) it plays really well for me on my vita via remote play, this is nice in a household where the tv is in use often
3) it took a while to get the console/controller feel down - but I'm now convinced it's faster and smoother than keyboard and mouse for everything except handling gems and skills.
4) I haven't seen this monster hunting thing yet, is it still in? I have gotten quite a few gifts for friends.
5) it is much more friendly for getting kids and/or reluctant spouses to pick up and play. Not sure why, but people are much more likely to grab a controller and join in than sit down at a second nerdy computer station.
6) do you think they'll patch in features alas pc style, or is the game effectively frozen? Ie greater rifts...

Good lord, would you guys just cut the foreplay and do it already:p

Back to Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition on console...

I've just about finished Act IV on my crusader and I've played a few hours of local multiplayer, so I wanted to share my observations.

Local coop is a blast. You're both on the same screen, and if one player lags behind they are automatically teleported to the other player. Loot is automatically distributed to a particular person, regardless of who picks it up. (I.e. when loot drops you can see that it is designated "P1" or "P2" -- no fighting over loot!) Equipping new skills or items is very quick, so we didn't have too much downtime.

The game also "scales" enemies and characters so that different level characters can play the same content together. For instance, I was playing my level 50 something character with a friend whose character is level 20. In the stats screen, you could see that his character was significantly buffed, and the enemies were also buffed so that I wasn't just 1-hitting everything.

Loot is generally scaled accordingly: I would receive level 50 items and my friend would receive level 20 items. We did find one bug where I opened a chest and my friend received a couple of level 50 items which he of course could not use. I'm not exactly sure how that's supposed to work, so we let him open the chests from that point on :p.

I'm not exactly sure how looting legendaries is supposed to work in coop either. One time my friend picked up a legendary item for me and was presented with the option to send it to me via mail. Other times I was able to pick up my own legendaries.

I have experienced 2 distinct game crashed on the xbox one version. A couple of times the game froze up and made a loud buzzing noise like the music was stuck. I was able to fix it by going to the xbox guide, launching another program, and going back into Diablo. Another time the game just shut off and restarted while we were playing. There was a portal in town which went to our previous location (so we didn't lose any progress), but it was still annoying.

Back