Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition

boomboy2k1

Limp Gawd
I downloaded the game on Xbox One this morning and I was able to play for 5 minutes before leaving for work. I've played the game on PC and never on the console. The game plays well with a controller and looks nice at 1080p/60fps. I have no complaints and 5:30pm can't come sooner.

Nice, considered picking it up,l. Like you played it on PC but never console. Unfortunally I just closed on a house so I have thousands in lawyer fees and what not to pay plus I go to school for 2 months starting Oct. So I'm broke. Saved enough for 1 new game and I chose destiny.

Wonder how the mp community is on it

I just finished Act 1 on XB1. So far I'm really enjoying the game, and I also played Diablo 3 on PC.

Almost up to the Skeleton king on the xbox one, it's pretty fun I never got to play a crusader on the pc.

Overall impressions :

Fantastic. I'm so glad that Microsoft and Blizzard worked together on making sure this port was 1080p 60fps. You can tell Blizzard got that extra 10 percent because on the Kinect there are 3 red IR blasters always on and I mean ALWAYS. When you play Diablo 3 they are off and I'm sure the Kinect in is in low function mode as well which its great to see the new SDK in action and making a difference.

Game looks great , you can tell there are some sacrifices to shadow quality and monster count compared to the PC version (Level 50 Paragon Witch Doctor on the PC version for me) but its really a very minor gripe. The game interface is very user friendly and the co-op functionality is top notch especially on the Xbox One with all of its party features.

I also got a glimpse at a friend running the PS4 verison.. there isn't a difference really. It looks exactly the same. Of course its worth saying that Diablo 3 isn't exactly graphically intensive but when you start doing Torment level runs in Paragon you'll be getting blasted with mobs and that can tax even a fast PC (baring the mob popular differences between console and PC).

If you haven't played Diablo 3 or even felt burned by Blizzard's shitty ass PC crap that they pulled (terrible real money auction house , online DRM requirement) its worth playing Diablo 3 in its better form. The dodge feature is pretty game changing honestly and the lack of an online requirement to play will be a godsend to many.

Don't worry about which version is better , they both rock.

Overall impressions :

Fantastic. I'm so glad that Microsoft and Blizzard worked together on making sure this port was 1080p 60fps. You can tell Blizzard got that extra 10 percent because on the Kinect there are 3 red IR blasters always on and I mean ALWAYS. When you play Diablo 3 they are off and I'm sure the Kinect in is in low function mode as well which its great to see the new SDK in action and making a difference.

Game looks great , you can tell there are some sacrifices to shadow quality and monster count compared to the PC version (Level 50 Paragon Witch Doctor on the PC version for me) but its really a very minor gripe. The game interface is very user friendly and the co-op functionality is top notch especially on the Xbox One with all of its party features.

I also got a glimpse at a friend running the PS4 verison.. there isn't a difference really. It looks exactly the same. Of course its worth saying that Diablo 3 isn't exactly graphically intensive but when you start doing Torment level runs in Paragon you'll be getting blasted with mobs and that can tax even a fast PC (baring the mob popular differences between console and PC).

If you haven't played Diablo 3 or even felt burned by Blizzard's shitty ass PC crap that they pulled (terrible real money auction house , online DRM requirement) its worth playing Diablo 3 in its better form. The dodge feature is pretty game changing honestly and the lack of an online requirement to play will be a godsend to many.

Don't worry about which version is better , they both rock.

You can't tell on day one which games runs better. The PS3 and X360 versions of Diablo 3 (the original) both ran well until you started doing multiplayer with high monster power levels. Then the PS3 version was frigging terrible compared to the X360 version. Like so terrible I lost my Hardcore character due to the game choking so much and traded the game in.

The Digital Foundry review shows the XOne spending some time under 60 FPS single player in what appears to be normal difficulty. Crank that up to Torment 4+ in a Rift with a full party including some Witch Doctors with 15+ pets out and see what happens.

They should really redo all their testing in an environment more representative of when people would see performance problems.

Once most people hear "1080p 60fps" that's all they need to hear. And I doubt many people that plan to play Diablo 3 are going to do so into Paragon levels. My PC which has way .. way.. beyond the stats of an Xbox one and still chugs on high Torment with my Witch Doctor. In general Diablo runs better on next gen consoles then the stuttering mess the PC version STILL is years after its release. Which is sad.

The difference is not enough to warrant some kind of grand inquisition which now follows EVERY multi platform title this new generation and frankly its getting kind of ridiculous that now we have to reference the performance in the deepest part of the game as a reason you should ditch your Xbox One and grab a PS4. Diablo isn't the game that will cause people to change consoles.

You can't tell on day one which games runs better. The PS3 and X360 versions of Diablo 3 (the original) both ran well until you started doing multiplayer with high monster power levels. Then the PS3 version was frigging terrible compared to the X360 version. Like so terrible I lost my Hardcore character due to the game choking so much and traded the game in.

The Digital Foundry review shows the XOne spending some time under 60 FPS single player in what appears to be normal difficulty. Crank that up to Torment 4+ in a Rift with a full party including some Witch Doctors with 15+ pets out and see what happens.

They should really redo all their testing in an environment more representative of when people would see performance problems.
If the One has performance hits in higher torment I can flat out guarantee the PS4 as well. The PS4 isn't even at my laptops specs much less my desktop and my FPS drop to 30

Your PC must suck then. The only areas I ever get slowdowns are ones that Blizzard failed to code correctly. (Act 3 based rifts on the bridge/Arreat's and some Act 4 based parts). Let's keep it real here. Report back when you have played on higher torments.

Your PC must suck then. The only areas I ever get slowdowns are ones that Blizzard failed to code correctly. (Act 3 based rifts on the bridge/Arreat's and some Act 4 based parts). Let's keep it real here. Report back when you have played on higher torments.

Clearly you didnt read my sig which shows a stronger video card and processor than you have. Your right, lets keep it real, those same drops in Act 3 will have massive drops on both consoles and if they dont then its blizzard that failed on the PC version which the consoles being x86 with worse hardware its not going to be fixed

First of all I wasn't talking to you with that comment. Second you don't have a processor in your sig. Diablo is mostly a CPU game, similar to SC2 it seems. It also does not seem to be greatly optimized for multiple cores, but rather clock speed. Anyways, we have to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges, before making a conclusion.

4.0Ghz i7 930 with a TITAN GPU. Hardly "sucks". Diablo 3 is just not a well optimized game. This is no great secret. PC gamers for years now have been dealing with Diablo 3's piss poor performance.

I'll report back if I see any dramatic fps drops in higher torment levels but I doubt it.

Played for about 1/2 hours last night on the PS4. No complaints so far and its looking like it will be a nice relaxing time killer.

There are some areas on the PC version which choke, regardless of machine. I'm not entirely sure why, as before RoS (or one of the previous patches), the game ran fine for me, but slowdown suddenly appeared come the expansion.

Regardless though, since this is about the console version: The game runs fairly smooth for the most part (PS4 version here). It gets slow some time, but not choppy, just not silky smooth. I like though that the screen is zoomed in some. Not much bigger, just a little bigger.

The control scheme works well. I still don't understand the use for the dodge roll, and never really used it so far.

The one area I have a problem with this game is the import functionality. I don't think they should have included it on the PS4/XBO. I've already seen a few people with hacked gear, and I was hoping for a clean experience, at least on the current gen consoles. I realize with last gen there's nothing they could do about it. The other thing is that Diablo 3 for the consoles felt different, whereas Diablo 3 UEE feels very close to the PC version (with the exception of a couple bosses who are slightly different battles, and are in 3D).

Why the import breaks this is that I literally didn't upgrade anything for my monk & barb until I hit level 70 on the console. The old level 60 console gear was just vastly superior to anything on the PC, yet the new gear feels exactly the same as the PC. To give you an example, my Xbox 360 monk had 330k dps at level 60. We're not talking massive farming here. This was a one and done run through of the game. I then put him aside. Even my HC monk has 240k dps, and that was a play the game until I beat HC and never tough HC again approach. On the PC, I'm lucky post expansion if I have 100k dps by level 60. But like I said, the new 60+ gear feels exactly the same as the PC version, so I played to level 70 a couple times where even the legendaries I found were all arrows down to my currently equipped rare gear. Not that I'll be wearing that gear at level 70, but it does make the grind from 60-70 much more painful when not seeing a single useful drop. I'd assume this can be even worse if you had some high quality gear from the previous console version.

One thing worthy to note in the UEE is the the biggest difference between Console and PC versions is Mob Density. One example is Witch Doctor dogs, apparently there are only 2 in the console version but in the PC version there are 3 which means monster density has probably been scaled back as well

i play on the xbox one and have not experienced any hiccups at all.
also.... cant wait till i get home from work hehehehehe

Got my new shiny ps4 and d3 uee edition waiting for me when I get home on Saturday. Finally talked my wife into giving it a shot with me. (as long as it's not a computer game, she says??).. Can't wait..

One thing worthy to note in the UEE is the the biggest difference between Console and PC versions is Mob Density. One example is Witch Doctor dogs, apparently there are only 2 in the console version but in the PC version there are 3 which means monster density has probably been scaled back as well

Was expected thought. Still the next gen version is an absolutely pleasure to play. Unlike the PC version which still has login issues and weird errors that pop up (which is unacceptable).

I know people make a big deal out of no online requirement but this is a big deal for lots of people. Anyone over seas especially military folk who don't have access to a connection or just anyone in the middle of nowhere with shitty internet this is a great feature. It also has a LAN feature which is just flat out very rare these days for console games.

Blizzard got the feedback they needed to make a great port so that's what counts here.

I played the PC version extensively as a monk main (been tough, but a salute to vanilla witchdoctors). Bought the PS4 version to play with the family and I'm putting the PC version down... I have been playing exclusively on the test region, but since patch 2.1 is coming to console I'm gearing up now.

I fought my first nemesis last night and that was really neat. I got a pretty crappy one too (the heal-reduction vanishing demons), but managed to kill him. He dropped a mountain and I mean a MOUNTAIN of loot akin to the loot explosions from rift guardians before they nerfed them on test.

At risk of being stoned alive by [H]... The console version > PC version in every way for me. Even if I have to abandon my geared-out 300 + paragon monk.

Had this pre-ordered a while ago, and waited up all night to play it :D.

I skipped it on PC, I really prefer these types of games with a controller. I first got introduced to this genre with Dark Alliance on PS2, and so that's just what feels right to me. I've been waiting ages for another game like that to hit consoles, and I'm glad it finally did with Diablo. I'm loving the game so far. Hopefully it kinda spurs a revival of the genre on console.

Oh, and if anyone's up for grouping (or for the legendary gifting):

PS4:

User Name: Nytegard

I have HC and SC characters. (Right now, only monks, but working on other classes).

Oh, and if anyone's up for grouping (or for the legendary gifting):

PS4:

User Name: Nytegard

I have HC and SC characters. (Right now, only monks, but working on other classes).

Just added you.

There is a gigantic friends list on NeoGAF if your interested in gifting I still haven't added them all.

Same thread has Xbox One names as well for those who bought that version.

I picked it up late last night for PS4....I haven't touched it since probably July 2012. I bought SE D3 and got a few softcore level 60s as well as a few hardcore level 60s. I do have a few complaints like others..one being I think its unfair that I cannot transfer my PC chars but people with the earlier console version can so I have to start from scratch. What kind of BS is that?

I've been reading reviews online and must say I suspect blizzard is paying all these sites like IGN and GameSpot and PC gamer and kotaku etc etc because its heating like 9.5's and 9.9's across the board and let's face it..this game definitely isn't worthy of those numbers.

Wish I could continue but I'm on my phone at work.

I picked it up late last night for PS4....I haven't touched it since probably July 2012. I bought SE D3 and got a few softcore level 60s as well as a few hardcore level 60s. I do have a few complaints like others..one being I think its unfair that I cannot transfer my PC chars but people with the earlier console version can so I have to start from scratch. What kind of BS is that?

I've been reading reviews online and must say I suspect blizzard is paying all these sites like IGN and GameSpot and PC gamer and kotaku etc etc because its heating like 9.5's and 9.9's across the board and let's face it..this game definitely isn't worthy of those numbers.

Wish I could continue but I'm on my phone at work.

PC chars dont transfer because consoles dont have the always online requirement. And really? So Blizzard is paying off every single review site? D3 is one of the few games that held my attention as long as it did it definitely deserves the scores its getting

Digital Foundry has the updated comparison out now: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-ultimate-evil-face-off

Xbox One dips down to 52fps in severe situations, PS4 seems to be locked throughout.

The comparison is flawed. completely. They didnt test what they previously said was the biggest issue which was 4 WD with pets. Not to mention it seems like they didnt get into higher level torment rifts which tells us nothing about end game

The comparison is flawed. completely. They didnt test what they previously said was the biggest issue which was 4 WD with pets. Not to mention it seems like they didnt get into higher level torment rifts which tells us nothing about end game

Of course it is. :rolleyes:

Could they have tested it more thoroughly? Sure, you could say that about most comparisons. Completely flawed? No.

Of course it is. :rolleyes:

Could they have tested it more thoroughly? Sure, you could say that about most comparisons. Completely flawed? No.

When they don't test the very instance where they saw the most issues initially it is completely flawed

When they don't test the very instance where they saw the most issues initially it is completely flawed

Well it did get the point across (which is probably what he was talking about) I imagine without even having to get to that. It would be an interesting comparison to see how low the Xbox One got compared to whatever dips the PS4 would be getting.

So hacked items are what the console version has over the PC? Yay.

I'm actually confused as to why these sites keep doing these game "comparisons". Obviously they're both basically PCs and the PS4 has a slight edge with superior hardware so of course its going to win every time for the most part. Durrrr.

Pretty sure these sites are doing this to stir up traffic and drama.

I'm actually confused as to why these sites keep doing these game "comparisons". Obviously they're both basically PCs and the PS4 has a slight edge with superior hardware so of course its going to win every time for the most part. Durrrr.

Pretty sure these sites are doing this to stir up traffic and drama.

Comparisons have been around since the Genesis and SNES days so it's nothing new. It got big last gen because there were usually large differences between the 360 and PS3 until later on when they started to finally trade blows.

In my opinion the arguments this gen are muffled due to the average resolution / frame rates being over 720p and 30 FPS even though percentage wise the gap is actually larger. It's just not as noticeable this time around.

The game itself is great though, I played the PC version till level 60 after beating Diablo and quit. It just wasn't fun and the auction house killed it.

Have the lead designer leave was the best thing that could have ever happened to the game.

The game itself is great though, I played the PC version till level 60 after beating Diablo and quit. It just wasn't fun and the auction house killed it.

Have the lead designer leave was the best thing that could have ever happened to the game.

I honestly didn't mind the AH. The problem was, the designers felt that they needed to gimp the drop rates because of the AH. So in the end, only gold farmers were ever getting drops, and everyone else spent hundreds of hours to get garbage. If they had only treated it like currently, with a decent drop rate, and you could buy off the AH if you really wanted too, it would have allowed for more people to play without it, and people who used it would be burnt out quickly.

The problem though is that after playing the PS4 version some, I miss the online only aspect. I've already had quite a few games with those people who cheated to have 9000+ dps weapons with 3 sockets. And then you have people who dupe gear and you have people who exploit Kadala so they end up with 9000 hours worth of gear in under a day. I guess I'd preferred if the game kept online and local multiplayer separate, with multiplayer using Battle.net.

I honestly didn't mind the AH. The problem was, the designers felt that they needed to gimp the drop rates because of the AH. So in the end, only gold farmers were ever getting drops, and everyone else spent hundreds of hours to get garbage. If they had only treated it like currently, with a decent drop rate, and you could buy off the AH if you really wanted too, it would have allowed for more people to play without it, and people who used it would be burnt out quickly.

The problem though is that after playing the PS4 version some, I miss the online only aspect. I've already had quite a few games with those people who cheated to have 9000+ dps weapons with 3 sockets. And then you have people who dupe gear and you have people who exploit Kadala so they end up with 9000 hours worth of gear in under a day. I guess I'd preferred if the game kept online and local multiplayer separate, with multiplayer using Battle.net.

It was a horrible mess. It gave gold farmers a way to constantly exploit whatever market trend was currently leading (gem prices got insane towards the middle of its rein) , it wouldn't have matter if Blizzard suddenly balanced it better (they actually tried several times and failed) as the entire concept of an AH will always involve outsider influence. A prime example of that is WoW. People sell things at the AH with or without Blizzard's influence even when they attempt to enact harsh penalties for violating their EULA.

The real money auction was just horrid fuckery. People overpaid for everything and then some. But Blizzard got a cut of each transaction so they were happy for quite some time. It wasn't until gamers let it be known that the combination of the RMAH and shitty loot drop rates and online DRM pretty much ruined their experience that Blizzard reciprocated finally.

The RMAH , the online DRM and especially the shitty loot drop rates are what drove me far away from D3 for a long time (admittedly I would log in to check if it was updated now and again). I knew people that made thousands of dollars from the RMAH and it was then that I realized just how far down the rabbit hole D3 had gone.

Seeing it return to form has been a blessing. After so much trial and error we get the D3 we should have to begin with and not some fuck wit's wet "dream" of profit skimming from auction sales.

This console version is the business. Fun as hell with a controller and co-op is great. Eurogamer and everyone else can nit pick the frame rate all they want. I don't get what the point is now. Everyone with a brain knows the PS4 is more powerful period. But being more powerful doesn't mean everyone will buy ONLY the PS4 version. One thing that has nagged me for ages about PSN is how shitty the voice chat quality is. On the Xbox One party chat is crystal clear. On the PS4 it sounds like everyone is rape breathing into their mics I can't stand it and often have to mute people who just leave their mics on and attempt to drive me crazy with their background noise.

Last edited:
It was a horrible mess. It gave gold farmers a way to constantly exploit whatever market trend was currently leading (gem prices got insane towards the middle of its rein) , it wouldn't have matter if Blizzard suddenly balanced it better (they actually tried several times and failed) as the entire concept of an AH will always involve outsider influence. A prime example of that is WoW. People sell things at the AH with or without Blizzard's influence even when they attempt to enact harsh penalties for violating their EULA.

The real money auction was just horrid fuckery. People overpaid for everything and then some. But Blizzard got a cut of each transaction so they were happy for quite some time. It wasn't until gamers let it be known that the combination of the RMAH and shitty loot drop rates and online DRM pretty much ruined their experience that Blizzard reciprocated finally.

The RMAH , the online DRM and especially the shitty loot drop rates are what drove me far away from D3 for a long time (admittedly I would log in to check if it was updated now and again). I knew people that made thousands of dollars from the RMAH and it was then that I realized just how far down the rabbit hole D3 had gone.

Seeing it return to form has been a blessing. After so much trial and error we get the D3 we should have to begin with and not some fuck wit's wet "dream" of profit skimming from auction sales.

This console version is the business. Fun as hell with a controller and co-op is great. Eurogamer and everyone else can nit pick the frame rate all they want. I don't get what the point is now. Everyone with a brain knows the PS4 is more powerful period. But being more powerful doesn't mean everyone will buy ONLY the PS4 version. One thing that has nagged me for ages about PSN is how shitty the voice chat quality is. On the Xbox One party chat is crystal clear. On the PS4 it sounds like everyone is rape breathing into their mics I can't stand it and often have to mute people who just leave their mics on and attempt to drive me crazy with their background noise.

The console version on PS3 and 360 was also broken instantly by hacking and duping which is why always online was needed on the PC version. Say what you want about always online but it keeps the game a hell of a lot cleaner

The console version on PS3 and 360 was also broken instantly by hacking and duping which is why always online was needed on the PC version. Say what you want about always online but it keeps the game a hell of a lot cleaner

And prevents players across the world from being able to play the game and not everyone has solid stable internet either. Its years later and people STILL have the same error they've been getting from logging on in Diablo 3 now and again do to authentication problems.

Hacking and Duping are part of the nature of the game. There is already a duping bug for the console version , would always online have stopped that? Many games have duping bugs , MANY , should we also make those online only?

There was hacking and duping for the PC version and every time it was patched it would end up popping up its head again later on.

Since the 360 and PS3 both have hacked firmwares its not surprising. But the PS4 and Xbox One do not and likely won't for quite sometime. So the always online requirement is a straw man argument now. Blizzard would have sold more copies of D3 if it wasn't for online DRM and the community would have survived just fine without it. Why do you think Microsoft ditched its entire strategy for online requirements? Its EXTREMELY unpopular with pretty much everyone but the few like yourself. Droves of people ditched the Xbox platform because of that nasty decision even after it was reversed. I would imagine that lots of people passed on D3 because of it as well.

And prevents players across the world from being able to play the game and not everyone has solid stable internet either. Its years later and people STILL have the same error they've been getting from logging on in Diablo 3 now and again do to authentication problems.

Hacking and Duping are part of the nature of the game. There is already a duping bug for the console version , would always online have stopped that? Many games have duping bugs , MANY , should we also make those online only?

There was hacking and duping for the PC version and every time it was patched it would end up popping up its head again later on.

Since the 360 and PS3 both have hacked firmwares its not surprising. But the PS4 and Xbox One do not and likely won't for quite sometime. So the always online requirement is a straw man argument now. Blizzard would have sold more copies of D3 if it wasn't for online DRM and the community would have survived just fine without it. Why do you think Microsoft ditched its entire strategy for online requirements? Its EXTREMELY unpopular with pretty much everyone but the few like yourself. Droves of people ditched the Xbox platform because of that nasty decision even after it was reversed. I would imagine that lots of people passed on D3 because of it as well.

That's why D3 broke a fastest selling PC game record right? Please the only reason they ditched always online for consoles is because of the way people reacted to microsofts reveal. Console gamers bitch and moan about things that PC gamers just see as a way of life for a PC gamer. Your making it out to be a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger deal than it really was. Very very few PC gamers who have D3 care about the always online requirement. Nobody wants it ditched.

The fact that you say hacking and duping is just a part of the game is ridiculous. Hacking and duping completely destroys the integrity of the game. It did so in D2. The hacks that were in D2 were a hell of alot worse than an always online requirement.

In fact D3 vanilla sold over 12 million copies on PC which is almost more than any single 360 and ps4 game sold on a single platform which proves the fact that always online isn't anywhere near being that big of a deal on PC.

Right now there is no duping on the PC version because there is absolutely no benefit from it because trading isn't allowed again unlike the console version

Back