Diablo 3 Story Thread **MAJOR SPOILERS**

toddw

[H]ard|Gawd
So where did Leah's mom run off too and anyone else think she'll be in the expansion? I'm also wondering if Leah will get resurrected... she got hosed pretty hard.

Looks like the Prime Evils are well and truly dead.... thoughts?

Adria will be some part for sure, since that is the where the trail leads with Diablo's death. I felt bad for Leah, too, she definitely got the short end of the stick and aside from her "ghost" that Diablo cast of her, she wasn't mentioned again after the end of Act III. I was surprised they didn't touch on that...the poor girl was transformed into the purest form of evil and all anyone wants to do is kill her. lol

I really enjoy the NPC dialog as well. Lyndon's voice actor did a great job (sounds a bit like Jaime Lannister, yeah?) and Kormac's as well. I really like the audio presentation of the game as a whole.

There are quite a few books I'm missing from my catalog but all of the monster lore is pretty cool. Definitely makes it seem as though the in-game world is larger.

Towards the end of Act 4 you can ask an angel about Leah's fate. They say she will be destroyed if you kill Diablo, but your character mentions something about her soul being much stronger than that and you are confident she can survive.

I figured the wound that Imperius got when Diablo stabbed him would somehow end up corrupting him.

Towards the end of Act 4 you can ask an angel about Leah's fate. They say she will be destroyed if you kill Diablo, but your character mentions something about her soul being much stronger than that and you are confident she can survive.

Yeah there's another clue about Leah's fate when you talk to the Jeweler artisan too (he's supposedly a being of a higher power). My character basically assumed her soul was consumed and she'll never come back. His response was basically "It seems that there are still things you don't know about the world" or something like that.

Also, the lore dude Chris Metzen gave slight hints about it in the behind the scenes DVD/BD that's in the CE. We definitely haven't seen the last of her.

How much of a single player campaign/plot is there? Does a single-player run or two make sense for D3?

I think Adria will play a part in it. Maybe she will find the Black Soulstone and be reborn as Diablo., seeing how she in Theory she still has some of Diablo's essence in her. (from being with him in D2)

Also, watching the end cinematic you see the Black Soulstone falling but the camera pans out of you don't really get to see where it lands. I think it will once again be discovered in the expansion.

How much of a single player campaign/plot is there? Does a single-player run or two make sense for D3?

yeah, I am playing through Nightmare now, and finding pieces of lore that I missed during my first play through. The game imo has good replay value.

I like how we don't even get an apology from Imperius. What a dick.

Yeah I can see how Imperius could be the major antagonist later on. Everyone else in the council of angels seems pretty chill, but that guy is basically all about the rules no matter what.

Yeah I can see how Imperius could be the major antagonist later on. Everyone else in the council of angels seems pretty chill, but that guy is basically all about the rules no matter what.

Next time, I'll let his ass burn!

Exactly why I played alone and anyone that joined my game I let them know I was going to explore everything so I could get all the journals and not miss out on the lore.

I played my first playthrough strictly solo throughout the entire game as I wanted to see the story. I dont regret doing so, it was quite good from my vantage point :)

Though I feel very sorry for Leah. She seriously got hosed.

Also, when Leah became Diablo the black soulstone was depleted, so the fact it exists doesnt imply the Evils survived. When you consider Metzen said this is the final story of the original Diablo game it seems like they might all be well done and dead.

I played my first playthrough strictly solo throughout the entire game as I wanted to see the story. I dont regret doing so, it was quite good from my vantage point :)

Though I feel very sorry for Leah. She seriously got hosed.

Also, when Leah became Diablo the black soulstone was depleted, so the fact it exists doesnt imply the Evils survived. When you consider Metzen said this is the final story of the original Diablo game it seems like they might all be well done and dead.

True, but with all Blizzard games, there is still a tad bit left to be done. Adriah still exists and Blizzard NEVER does a game without an expansion anymore.

The whole Leah thing was a big twist, I expected to be going through hell in act IV. Made for quite a bittersweet ending.
I wish they would just leave her be, the story would seem silly to bring her back. Adria is definitely gonna be back in the expansion, they made that obvious.

Story was decent. The videos were not that impressive. Leah should stay dead or else it will turn out to be another lame story. The Starcraft and Warcraft series did it; No need to do the same type of story for every single game.

I like how we don't even get an apology from Imperius. What a dick.

The funny thing is he is basically right the whole time. It was a huge act of hubris to think the 7-in-1 stone thing would work. Act4 is just cleanup from that epic mistake.

I will admit to cheering a little when Adria made her move. Well played, Adria, well played. I was expecting Diablo/Leah to kill her right away, but instead they sort of high-fived and off she went.

Anyway, my favorite little bit of story is meeting the necromancer's apprentice in Act2. He says something along the lines of 'my master 20 years ago killed the prime evils'. A necro saved the day, its canon. :D

Story was decent. The videos were not that impressive. Leah should stay dead or else it will turn out to be another lame story. The Starcraft and Warcraft series did it; No need to do the same type of story for every single game.

The Act 3 > Act 4 transistion, with the fight between Imperius and Diablo, was amazing. The rest of the cinematics, while beautiful, just weren't that exciting. I was also disappointed, although I guess it's partially my fault, that the Act 1 > Act 2 transistion was the same as one of the trailers they released, with a very minor and short part cut out from the end. So I'd already seen half the damn cinematics... :(

The Act 3 > Act 4 transistion, with the fight between Imperius and Diablo, was amazing. The rest of the cinematics, while beautiful, just weren't that exciting. I was also disappointed, although I guess it's partially my fault, that the Act 1 > Act 2 transistion was the same as one of the trailers they released, with a very minor and short part cut out from the end. So I'd already seen half the damn cinematics... :(

I did like that Act 3 to Act 4 video. It was the only good one.

Back