Diablo 3: Skip hardware check

TheGeekFreek

Supreme [H]ardness
So, ive been in the D3 beta for about 45 days now, been playing great on my PC. Just recently I got a hold of a netbook (Acer One D255) and would like to play it on there, however as suspected, my video card does not meet the minimum requirements.

Does anyone know if its possible to skip the hardware check on the beta launcher? Im mostly trying to run it on the netbook as people at work wanna give it a shot and see it, and I dont really care how crappy it runs, Just want to get it running if at all possible.

Acer One D255
1.66Ghz intel Atom
2GB DDR2 800
160gb 7200 RPM HDD
Intel 1350 GPU

Last edited:
As far as i know, there is no way to disable the hardware checks. Lets be honest though, if you could get it to run, you would probably die before getting into tristram due to lag.

Yet another wasted beta account on someone who cant afford proper Computing equipment.

Yet another wasted beta account on someone who cant afford proper Computing equipment.

Don't be a dick about it. I'm sure plenty of us were laughing that nearly every single page of the SWTOR and Diablo 3 Beta threads had you begging for a key. So many posts.

Don't be a dick about it. I'm sure plenty of us were laughing that nearly every single page of the SWTOR and Diablo 3 Beta threads had you begging for a key. So many posts.

And I always get what I want. :)

also, he said ANOTHER pc. So that would seem to indicate that his main pc does in fact run it, and he's utilizing the beta just fine.

He has a gaming computer and watnts to put it on a mobile machine... Nothing wrong with that honestly if you get it working post back here I'd love to know what kind of performance you can get with something cheap for mobility.

Lol, Hardly..
Main rig is

1090T @ 4 Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600
Gigabyte 890 Chipset (cant remember exact model offhand)
XFire 6950's
2x2TB WD Black 7200

Runs like a champ on there :D
I just wanna punish my netbook for being a feeble attempt at a PC

So, aside from patching the game to skip the hardware check, ive been told of something called "IRQ Masking", I think thats what it was called, essentially tricking windows into thinking the proper video card is installed.

I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't give access to an account with sub-par hardware any way. You have to submit your specs before opting in with a little tool that checks your system.

Pertinent info for people who cant read the first sentence has been highlighted.

I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't give access to an account with sub-par hardware any way. You have to submit your specs before opting in with a little tool that checks your system.

You do have to submit your PC when added beta testing to your account, which I had done forever ago.. However my D3 beta account was granted by an employee, circumventing the account info..

But its the BETA LAUNCHER that has the hardware check built in that im trying to circumvent.

Right, I understood you were trying to get past the beta launcher (which I unfortunately can't contribute a suggestion). I just noticed someone was under the impression that you opted in with sub-par specs, somehow got invited and couldn't get the game to run. Hence a "wasted" key. My reply was directed to that particular statement (sorry if it was vague) and I doubted Blizzard would have granted access based on the beta opt-in information. Nice to know you got access another way though. :p

Back