'Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls' Sells 2.7M Copies in First Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Blizzard has announced that Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, their first expansion pack, has sold over 2.7 million copies within the first week of being released. The expansion pack is available on PC and Mac platforms presently, with console versions in the works.

2.7M sales in a week for an expansion like this makes it a pretty solid success, and I have to imagine that the end result might be another stab at even more content in another two years or so.

I'm getting this in a few days, very excited to finally play this game now that is not situationed around the real money auction house.

I bought the original a few weeks ago for $20. Have yet to play it. Hopefully this doesn't make the original without the expansion obsolete.

I bought the original a few weeks ago for $20. Have yet to play it. Hopefully this doesn't make the original without the expansion obsolete.

Nah, I don't have the xpac yet, but still log into regular D3 to dick around when I'm bored with other stuff. Plenty to do and fun to be had if you like this style of game.

Fool me once...

You wouldn't need to be fooled twice, it took them longer then needed, but Diablo 3 is now an addictive content filled game. I can't put it down this time around.

I still enjoy D2 a little more for some odd reasons , just can't get rid of the classics and them resting the realms every 7 months helps with all dupes and stuff. I tried d3 and the DLC and still just cannot get into it.

You wouldn't need to be fooled twice, it took them longer then needed, but Diablo 3 is now an addictive content filled game. I can't put it down this time around.

Sure it is. Those deep mechanics, those billions of builds! Those artwork-swapped armor sets, that's 5x the content for every item! A somewhat-but-not-really randomized world!

I'm getting a bit bored of it again, but that can easily happen with a game like this. If you play this a ton for a while it can get really uninteresting, especially when you hit a plateau with the gear.

well, the new d3 expansion encouraged me to play some path of exile again. they just released a new expansion as well and the graphics in that game don't make my eyes bleed from all the bloom.

Sure it is. Those deep mechanics, those billions of builds! Those artwork-swapped armor sets, that's 5x the content for every item! A somewhat-but-not-really randomized world!

I sense sarcasm. Obviously Diablo 3 must be turned into a Diablo 2 clone to satisfy your thirst for vengeance upon Hell's minions. Honestly, I won't argue with you there, simply because it's a matter of preference. I am a classic old school EverQuest 1 player, I haven't touched the game since 2008, and spent many years constantly burning out on new MMO WoW clones simply because they didn't tickle my fancy. Then finally RIFT came out, it didn't play like EverQuest 1 and it had it's WoW clonesque points to it, but I finally let go of holding onto the past.

As many have mentioned Path of Exile is very D2 like, and for most that want a D2 clone it will give them their fix. So I am happy that you won't be left without an option in that department besides booting up the long in the tooth D2.

For me, I dive in and let my overall experience these days drive me. If I jump into anything with cookie cutter expectations I always find myself hating something before giving it a chance. I played D3 at release and off and on for the past two years, honestly though I barely touched it after reaching Inferno on my Barbarian. With the new Adventure Mode, in-game clans, and such I can't get off of Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls. For me it's the community aspect that drives me, and the Clan feature gives me that. And the constant advancement f Paragon levels, and gear upgrades which I find much daily.

So yes, if you feel like you were fooled into thinking Diablo 3 was a great game the first time around, you have a point, it was lacking. Now though it has enough meat to it where I can sink my teeth into it daily and feel full and satisfied at the end of the night (yet wanting more, much more).

Greatest game that ever happened in my gaming life...I was able to make over $3,000 in a few short months...Of course I despised the game after that time but woo..what a ride it was...

Game is hugely improved over the state it released in.

I heartily recommend ROS to anyone who is a Diablo fan.

I'm getting a bit bored of it again, but that can easily happen with a game like this. If you play this a ton for a while it can get really uninteresting, especially when you hit a plateau with the gear.

This has been my experience. Played the hell out of it for a few days, running with groups was fun to a point but ultimately was more fun solo since a group just steamrolls everything and there's no challenge. But once I realized it was just kind of a shallow "click monsters - get loot - see if anything is worth keeping" existence, I drifted back to my regular games.

Game is hugely improved over the state it released in.

I heartily recommend ROS to anyone who is a Diablo fan.

did they tone down the bloom? srs question, not trolling. i played the open beta and honestly couldn't keep playing because of the bloom. after about half an hour i thought i had problems with my eyesight when i realized it's the graphics. everything glows like the inside of a nuclear reactor (cherenkov radiation).

This is a great expansion, I have been enjoying it very much... a bit too much in fact. Very fun and very addictive :)

They totally fixed pretty much everything that was broken with Jay Wilson's D3.

did they tone down the bloom? srs question, not trolling. i played the open beta and honestly couldn't keep playing because of the bloom. after about half an hour i thought i had problems with my eyesight when i realized it's the graphics. everything glows like the inside of a nuclear reactor (cherenkov radiation).

Not really. I still need Dark D3 to be able to play it.

Is this better than Path of Exile? I believe that's the new standard right?

Wait til it hits the PS4. Single player, no need for multiplayer, co-op as well, no auction house. I typically like PC games more than console games but Blizzard really facked Diablo series up hardcore on the PC.

As great as it may be, and as intrigued as I am given the feedback so far, I won't be giving blizzard any more of my money. D3 was just too much of a middle finger to PC gamers for me to let it go. Its simply a matter of principle, and I refuse to compromise mine.

PoE got me interested - can't see giving D3 another $40 when it did me without lube the last time.

Wait til it hits the PS4. Single player, no need for multiplayer, co-op as well, no auction house. I typically like PC games more than console games but Blizzard really facked Diablo series up hardcore on the PC.

To be fair, D3 on the PC no longer has an auction house either. Now I understand the wish to play the game in a single player experience without the need for a connection. I can't live such an existence and never have, I value multiplayer over single player most of the time, with the exception of the Dead Space series.

Now if the multiplayer for the PS4 is stored on Battle Net, then certainly I will grab a copy to play with a new group of people. Hopefully it has the clan option as well, give me more of a reason to use my PS4 or Xbox One.

PoE got me interested - can't see giving D3 another $40 when it did me without lube the last time.

Seriously. I have the same problem. I know people say the game is vastly improved, but how will I find out without putting down $40? Nope, I'll skip this thanks. Besides, I hear the game is nothing more then a grind for lengendaries.

Shit I decided to take a look and they do have Emulated servers for Diablo 3 so I can play alone/locally SWEET

Seriously. I have the same problem. I know people say the game is vastly improved, but how will I find out without putting down $40? Nope, I'll skip this thanks. Besides, I hear the game is nothing more then a grind for lengendaries.

Any RPG once you beat it is a grind for loot. That is the nature of the beast.

I never had any serious complaints about D3... I Put well over 100 hours into it before I got bored so I considered it money well spent..

I havent played the xpac yet since other stuff has gotten in the way & I havent been gaming at all, but there are about 6 people at work that play daily & are all loving the hell out of it.

I like the new Xpack ... the new loot system is awesome, the crafting is miles better, they really improved the game and the xpack made my original purchase worth every penny (even though I had put in a lot of hours).

the crafting is nice, getting the legendary components to make some things is tough but still, nice its not super easy

Considering I've yet to finish D3 after the major patch I'm gonna pass on this until its a cheap holiday purchase. Don't get me wrong, its worlds better than it was at release but its still lacking a bit.

How much better is the loot system in RoS compared to the 2.0.1 patch?

Back