Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls 50% off!

Did like four rifts and a bounty last night on my 70 (9), got to like 70 (26) or something. I bumped it up to "Expert" on difficulty for the first time. Made the game much more challenging. As an MMO guy, I like the mindless aspect of D3. It refreshing to play something casual that is gratifying w/o a huge time sink.

It's not mindless once you get to higher greater rift levels. You need a good group with dedicated builds to get through. Lock-down witch doctor tank, DPS DH, etc.

I'm not there yet, but watching my friend play with his clan is sort of nuts.

Game is a lot of fun for sure with RoS and some of the changes they have made, for anyone who has D3V (Vanilla), the $20 for RoS is definitely worth it.

For more advanced players, I would also highly consider buying another copy of D3V + RoS to multi-box. Not advocating anything shady like using additional tools, but I bought a 2nd copy of RoS for my wife's unused account and found it was a LOT more fun multi-boxing.

I don't actually control her character except for bosses and such, but I just load her chars into zone with tons of MF, and then look for sparklys on the map after I clear a map with my main char. You don't get quite 2x the number of drops due to proximity on some drops, along with additional time spent, but it is probably closer to 1.5x to 1.75x the drops once you factor in MF.

I'm taking a break now because once you get to a certain level, there are still some things that are just too frustrating to deal with. Right now, my main gripes are Hellfire Amulet and the changes to Kadala. I went 0/18 on a decent Hellfire Amulet in one sitting and 0/40 maybe overall, really frustrating given the amount of effort to farm the keys (they are only 50% on max torment). The changes to gambling also seem to be worst, and all I really need for my DH is a better pair of Taskers.

Overall Greater Rifts just aren't that fun for me, I hated how they stripped everything out of them, but it will take a long while before most players get to that point.

Game is a lot of fun for sure with RoS and some of the changes they have made, for anyone who has D3V (Vanilla), the $20 for RoS is definitely worth it.

For more advanced players, I would also highly consider buying another copy of D3V + RoS to multi-box. Not advocating anything shady like using additional tools, but I bought a 2nd copy of RoS for my wife's unused account and found it was a LOT more fun multi-boxing.

I don't actually control her character except for bosses and such, but I just load her chars into zone with tons of MF, and then look for sparklys on the map after I clear a map with my main char. You don't get quite 2x the number of drops due to proximity on some drops, along with additional time spent, but it is probably closer to 1.5x to 1.75x the drops once you factor in MF.

I'm taking a break now because once you get to a certain level, there are still some things that are just too frustrating to deal with. Right now, my main gripes are Hellfire Amulet and the changes to Kadala. I went 0/18 on a decent Hellfire Amulet in one sitting and 0/40 maybe overall, really frustrating given the amount of effort to farm the keys (they are only 50% on max torment). The changes to gambling also seem to be worst, and all I really need for my DH is a better pair of Taskers.

Overall Greater Rifts just aren't that fun for me, I hated how they stripped everything out of them, but it will take a long while before most players get to that point.

Key farming is easy, that is why most of the Hellfire Amulets you make suck. Join a Key farming community and it goes much faster than solo since people can branch off in different directions.

I am probably alone in this but I liked D3 from the start.

It was so much more difficult pre 1.0.3. There was a difficulty spike in ACT 2 torment that make the game very intense. Some elite packs with the right affixes were insane...soul lashers killed me for days.

Now they don't really have good difficulty they just amp up the enemy HP and make it a damage grind.

This being said I liked D3 at launch and I like D3 ROS now.....Completely worth it.

Key farming is easy, that is why most of the Hellfire Amulets you make suck. Join a Key farming community and it goes much faster than solo since people can branch off in different directions.

I didn't say it was hard, it is just time consuming and tedious even in a keyfarming community. The Hellfire amulets suck bc Blizzard didn't have the foresight to fix one or more attributes like virtually every other amulet in the game. Hell they even fixed perpetual suck amulets like BT and Halcyon but Hellfire amulets are total crapshoot.

Back