Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls 50% off!

think of when diablo II first came out... and it was meh... then the expansion LOD came out and instantly the game became amazing.. this is exactly how it played out again in the third reiteration. it really is worth 40$..

The expansion made it 10x better. I highly recommend playing it.

At least, I never finished D3. Picked up the expansion and have probably put in 150 hours. Haven't done that with any game in YEARS. I love D3. I'm still hooked.

It's a bit shitty that you basically have to buy the expansion to get the experience that D3 should have been in the first place (and no, the Loot 2.0 patch alone wasn't enough), but for $20 it's worth it. I wouldn't have paid $40.

I absolutely hated Diablo 3 when it first came out, but what they have done with ROS is actually making it a worthy successor to the Diablo name. I highly recommend buying the game if you haven't already.

I got a Demon Hunter to 50 when D3 first came out and quit. RoS and Loot 2.0 happened and now I have been playing for months. Adventure mode is the shit and so are the Greater Rifts just implemented.

It's a bit shitty that you basically have to buy the expansion to get the experience that D3 should have been in the first place (and no, the Loot 2.0 patch alone wasn't enough), but for $20 it's worth it. I wouldn't have paid $40.

So true. Luckily I played Vanilla D3.. and made a fuck ton of money selling items :O So I don't feel to robbed :)

So true. Luckily I played Vanilla D3.. and made a fuck ton of money selling items :O So I don't feel to robbed :)

I did that as well. Took a week off of work, made $$$, laughed and moved on to the next game.
Typical game studio bullshit. If you can milk the name to get initial sales, then give it 5-30 expansions for 500%-3000% extra profit. ALSO, don't forget those IGP's!!! (In-Game-Purchases)

I did that as well. Took a week off of work, made $$$, laughed and moved on to the next game.
Typical game studio bullshit. If you can milk the name to get initial sales, then give it 5-30 expansions for 500%-3000% extra profit. ALSO, don't forget those IGP's!!! (In-Game-Purchases)

Well, to be somewhat fair to Blizzard, they did remove the real money auction house. Unfortunately they also removed the gold auction house, and made a lot of items account bound. So in seemingly typical Blizzard fashion, one step forward, two steps back. :p

Not to thread crap but rather to educate people that don't know about it ; Path of Exile is free. Path of Exile has always been what D3 should have been. Since D3 is a blizzard product which has a following similar to Apple, I'm sure this is stirring the pot.. but if this causes any ridicule in posts following and you've never heard of Path, then do yourself a favor. Ignore them. Try it for yourself.

You can get Loot 2.0 and a lot of the fixes that people had issues with pre-Reaper of Souls with just the patch and no expansion, FYI.

^^

I agree. I bought D3 for $50 when it came out, and I did not have the time nor motivation to try and profit from selling items. I played it for a little bit, and lost interest. I preferred Path of Exile.

While $20 may make D3 enjoyable for some folks, I doubt it changes the mechanics significantly enough to give me the customization options for character builds that Path of Exile has. I don't feel the need to spend $20 more on D3 to get it to a semi-enjoyable state, when I have filled my D2 void with PoE.

Granted, PoE has the really annoying sync issue, but I'm willing to deal with that to gain the character customization options and the orb currency system.

What I think people don't realize about the "desync" issue with path is the benefit.

Diablo 3 feels horribly lagged in response time to me. This is because of the refresh or sync rate with the server. The delay between actions feels horrible to me. It doesn't feel how an ACTION rpg should imo. The reason that you can run around and then not be where the server says you are in Path is because this sync rate is toned back. Yeah, you're going to be put in bad situations that piss you off now and then, but I'll take that any day to constantly feeling like I'm inputting controls to a robot on the other side of the world who in turn is controlling the game.

Also, the loot 2.0 patch did not resolve my personal problems with d3.

think of when diablo II first came out... and it was meh... then the expansion LOD came out and instantly the game became amazing.. this is exactly how it played out again in the third reiteration. it really is worth 40$..

But Diablo 2 wasn't "meh". Wait, is that you Jay Wilson?

This is a good deal. Don't really need the expositions about other games in here or other sorts of threadshitting.

Notice how the biggest complainers haven't played RoS.

Doesn't mean much here. Why would I play Ros when I hated Diablo III?

0 interest in game and $19.99 is too much if the game is bad.

That said, I did pickup Ros with this deal and I am one of the aforementioned haters. Seems fun so far (~5 min)

Diablo 2 was epic when it came out, then Diablo 2 LoD made it slightly more epic.

Yeah, because nobody in a thread about a good deal on an ARPG would want to know anything about any other ARPG that could potentially be a better deal for them. If you want to play D3 good for you. I wasn't threadcrapping. I was saying if you're still on the fence or you're not convinced then try a free option.

There needs to be a lot of discussion about this deal? Looks pretty straight forward to me. 50% off. Follow the link. Good job OP. Nobody has had any issues processing the deal.

I remember D2:LoD, and how it ended up with ridiculous odds of finding an elite unique/set item or rune (1 out of a few hundred thousand), and having to find like six of those to make a great runeword.

Everyone started botting, etc etc.

Are the odds still ridiculous in finding top tier items?

I am just glad I helped a few people, that is all I wanted to do.

I'm playing the trial along with Path of Exile to try and decide whether or not to bite. D3 is much better than when I played the demo on release, PoE is quite different - I find myself running through a lot more, whereas D3 I must kill everything.

I have played the crap out of Path of Exile, and plan to play a ton more... that doesn't mean I can't also play D3. They are both fairly different games, despite both being ARPGs. To me, D3 feels more casual at this point. I picked up D3 for 20 bucks after loot 2.0 hit, and enjoyed it for what it was. I felt 20 bucks was a reasonable price, and have been waiting for the expansion to hit that price point as well. I really don't see the need for the bickering about whether POE or D3 is better, this thread is about a sale on the RoS expansion and not a product comparison of the two IPs. Leave that shit in the gaming forum where it belongs.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, op.

Jumped on this tonight finally. Now I just need some time to play.

I had all toons at level 60 before the patch, as soon as I hit 60 I quit out of boredom and AH annoyance. This makes it so much better. I still don't grasp all the crafting stuff yet, but I have a P40 crusader after 4 days, it's quite a bit more fun. The unique mods are even more fun to fight now, more spells and combos coming at you.

It is probably worth $20 but that could be me trying to justify my purchase. It is definately better than D3 1.0 though. Crafting isn't totally worthless now and interesting. Loot drops are a lot better and the new class is pretty fun to play. I'm still not a huge fan of the skill system and runes with the limit to 4 special skills at a time and 2 primary attack spells/skills.

Did like four rifts and a bounty last night on my 70 (9), got to like 70 (26) or something. I bumped it up to "Expert" on difficulty for the first time. Made the game much more challenging. As an MMO guy, I like the mindless aspect of D3. It refreshing to play something casual that is gratifying w/o a huge time sink.

Back