Diablo 3: Purchase Option Of Choice

• Digital Download

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Hard Copy

Votes: 49 51.6%

• Total voters

StreamsOfInferno

Weaksauce
Just curious, given that I've never downloaded anything from Blizz before.

When D3 is released, how will you be obtaining it and why?

Digital?
Hard copy?

Even if they offer pre-loading, wondering how clogged their pipeline is going to end up for digital download.

Note: this thread is for those who are purchasing the game, not for those to bitch about the fact they're not buying it due to the always-on connection, or because there's an auction house in the game, or because they hate the color of the grass in-game.

Digital, no waiting for shit and no losing your keys, its all stored at your bnet account.

The hard copy will be registered via Battle.net anyways, so I'll go with that instead of the digital (& still gain the benefits of downloading the full client later).

Hard copy. Unless you lose your key before you even activate it on battle.net you don't have to worry about that. I just prefer having the discs to install it instead of downloading it and using up the bandwidth.

With Blizzard products there is something that drives me to hard copies. Everything else? Digital.

I voted digital, but i usually buy what i can find cheapest--if that is somehow hard copy, then....

Digital, no waiting for shit and no losing your keys, its all stored at your bnet account.

If you buy a hard copy the key will be tied to battle.net anyway. So then you can download it in the future. I'm going to buy a hard copy because I want the box art and manual for fun.

there's grass in the game?? :D

I'm going digital, I don't care for more clutter in my house lol

I tend to prefer the hard copies for the novelty of the box art, manual, ect. I enjoy collecting various hard copies for future nostalgic purposes.

You can register the hard copy cd key on B.net so you get the benefits of a digital download anyway.

I will likely get the collector's edition so hard copy here.

Digital.
I dont live in USA and i dont plan to wait for it to arrive 2 months later and with a higher price :p (also the not losing cdkeys deals is very important)

You can register the hard copy cd key on B.net so you get the benefits of a digital download anyway.

I'm assuming the "benefits" you're referring to are being able to register your key, hence, never having to worry about losing it?

Would you also be able to download the game (if you uninstalled, format etc. and you didn't have the disc but had the key registered) as if you had bought it retail?

I've never downloaded anything from Bnet, so I've no idea.

I'm assuming the "benefits" you're referring to are being able to register your key, hence, never having to worry about losing it?

Would you also be able to download the game (if you uninstalled, format etc. and you didn't have the disc but had the key registered) as if you had bought it retail?

I've never downloaded anything from Bnet, so I've no idea.

You can download the game whenever you want from battle.net regardless of what happens to your physical media after you register your game. I did this even with very old games like Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2... they're attached to my bnet account now and I can download them whenever I want.

hard copy for the CE goods, cause blizzard knows how to make a CE

I'll get the hard copy for the simple fact that I get to play it 3 hours earlier than the digital copy. (I'm east coast).

After that I'll register it with my b.net account and it will be a digital copy from then on :v

Hard copy if I had a choice, but Blizzard doesn't release their games in my country so I'll stick with purchasing digital from BNET like I did for SC2.

Hard copy, just because you'll be able to get it at sale prices. It ends up tied to your B.net account either way.

hard copy for the CE goods, cause blizzard knows how to make a CE

The content gets a little repetitive after a while though (I own 4 CEs so far and they usually have the same "format" of goodies). But yeah they definitely have a nice look and feel to them. I'll definitely keep an eye out for a CE.

I'd prefer a hard copy. With 4 people in my household, using comcast we've been (legally) hitting against our bandwidth limit. Anything to limit that would be nice(unless it is a really good price like the amazon battlefield 3 deal).

Blizzard's collectors editions almost always worthwhile, I'll be buying this hardcopy. Pretty much only company I still buy hard copy for since I just throw out the boxes anyways.

Back