Diablo 3 February 1st - Troll or True?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
Best buy apparently has a D3 display with a countdown timer and February (miss-spelt Feburary) 1st release date. Pics in link.

Apparently Joystiq has contacted the Best Buy in question and they have verified the display is in the store.. But is the release date accurate?

LINK

I try to get excited about it but for some reason I just can't.

The length of time we've known about D3 in production as well as the delays have kind of killed my enthusiasm for it as well. However, I'll likely pick it up and have some fun for a while playing with online buddies. I doubt it can match the feel of D2, but we shall see.

they haven't given an official release date and the game will be out in 3 weeks? that don't sound right...

Smart move by BB, regardless of how accurate their guesstimate would turn out to be, they've just gained some free advertising worldwide!:eek:

Diablo 3 beta wasn't that fascinating to me. It was well polished and fun but it wasn't something I was dying to login to try again. Unless there is a ton more stuff that wasn't present in the beta I don't even see why there is an auction house as I was running around with so much extra gear it was ridiculous. I also want to add that my damn mouse button fingers were numb also.

I'm not the best judge of the game as I didn't try the first two games. I enjoyed Torchlight more I believe. It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. It just didn't hold my attention. Maybe the full release will excite me more.

Yeah, the beta atm is the equivalent to playing through a few quests in Act I Normal on D2 which is virtually nothing, but the game play is much more involved. Most of the attention will be at the back end of the game, which is said to be brutally difficult. I hope it'll give me a lot to do besides farming/selling items. But who am I kidding, that's what its all about in the end and I'm kind of looking forward to it. :eek:

I would lose more respect for Best Buy because of this, but unfortunately I ran out long, long ago.

Would be cool, but I don't see it happening.

Diablo 2 open beta was extremely small, basically capped at about lvl 15 or so functionally, and only allowed the weakest weapons. I haven't played the D3 beta but if its similar at all, then it is not even the tip of the iceberg.

Could be real if Blizzard didn't make that shitty real money auction house shit.

Yeah why play the game when you can just let all the Koreans obtain your items and buy your way through it. GG Blizzard.

There's no way this is coming out Feb 1st. That's only three weeks out, and blizzard has said nothing. Do you really think blizzard is going to release this without a major media blitz to hype up sales? This isn't even a good troll job by Internet standards.

In any case, the diablo franchise is dead to me. I got to play the beta, and I hated it. Having played hundreds of hours in the first two, I couldn't be more disappointed. It's been dumbed down so badly, I felt like I was playing an iOS game.

There's no way this is coming out Feb 1st. That's only three weeks out, and blizzard has said nothing. Do you really think blizzard is going to release this without a major media blitz to hype up sales? This isn't even a good troll job by Internet standards.

In any case, the diablo franchise is dead to me. I got to play the beta, and I hated it. Having played hundreds of hours in the first two, I couldn't be more disappointed. It's been dumbed down so badly, I felt like I was playing an iOS game.

Does it play like a typical korean RPG game? Those are terrible, minus Talesweaver.

I love fake Diablo 3 release announcements. So many fall for the trollsauce. You would think people would harden their minds by now, but no. It's awesome.

My Grandma's neighbor's friend works as a janitor for Blizzard, and he overheard some employees saying that the best buy date is actually true.

My Grandma's neighbor's friend works as a janitor for Blizzard, and he overheard some employees saying that the best buy date is actually true.

seems-legit-candy-van-seems-legit-kidnapping-demotivational-posters-1313956238.jpg

I wonder which of the BB's in Rochester it was. Neither of them have terribly intelligent staff, or at least they didn't when I lived in the city. I wonder if someone in the store took it upon themselves to make the sign to drum up pre-order revenue or if it was handed down from higher-up.

I wonder which of the BB's in Rochester it was. Neither of them have terribly intelligent staff, or at least they didn't when I lived in the city. I wonder if someone in the store took it upon themselves to make the sign to drum up pre-order revenue or if it was handed down from higher-up.

I'd tend to agree with this...

Blizzard staff have already dismissed the claims & I think you are right on point, Derangel.

It's a great (albeit underhanded and deceitful) way of drumming up pre-order sales.

Hey, who is using pictures of my van without my permission?????

About D3, if it was coming out in Feb, they would have announced it last July.

I am thinking more like September 2012....

I'm not sure why everyone is blowing a fuse over the beta... It's a highly limited run of Diablo 3 with only a few quest. Each patch has introduced more features, so they'll keep ramping it up until it nears release.

As far as the release date goes, I'm not going to guess the date but I do believe it will be out this year (but not February).

I want Diablo3 more than any other game this year. I dont see it coming out the first half of 2012, hopefully this summer.

Diablo 3 beta wasn't that fascinating to me. It was well polished and fun but it wasn't something I was dying to login to try again. Unless there is a ton more stuff that wasn't present in the beta I don't even see why there is an auction house as I was running around with so much extra gear it was ridiculous. I also want to add that my damn mouse button fingers were numb also.

I had the opposite reaction, I thought the D3 beta was fantastic. Can't wait for this to finally come out. But why were your mouse button fingers numb? You don't need to constantly click enemies to hit them, and you automatically pick up gold by simply walking over it (don't even need to do that if you have a companion scroll).

I had the opposite reaction, I thought the D3 beta was fantastic. Can't wait for this to finally come out. But why were your mouse button fingers numb? You don't need to constantly click enemies to hit them, and you automatically pick up gold by simply walking over it (don't even need to do that if you have a companion scroll).

It was probably because you can't move using the arrow/wasd keys. I absolutely hate that, I couldn't play dark spore either for the same reason. I don't remember if diablo 1/2 were that way, it's been so long ago, but it annoys the hell out of me these days.

Forbes on the future of Best Buy:

"To discover the real reasons the company’s decline, just take this simple test. Walk into one of the company’s retail locations or shop online. And try, really try, not to lose your temper."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2012/01/02/why-best-buy-is-going-out-of-business-gradually/

Looks like this is yet another way for BB to make you lose your temper.

Great article and spot on.
I once tried to return a voltage converter because it was not the correct model as was displayed on the box. They refused to take it back because it was not the correct model as displayed on the box.
Awesome.

Would be great if true but I don't think so. Because if it really was coming on the 1st of Feb, knowing Blizz and all there would be hyping the game like crazy and all. But it's too quiet.

Great article and spot on.
I once tried to return a voltage converter because it was not the correct model as was displayed on the box. They refused to take it back because it was not the correct model as displayed on the box.
Awesome.

Reminds me of all those stories of people getting a brick or something inside a computer box and when they took it back to BB they wouldn't give them a refund because "there's no computer"... :rolleyes:

Maybe check your returned merchandise better, BB.

Yeah why play the game when you can just let all the Koreans obtain your items and buy your way through it. GG Blizzard.

Why use your brain to understand the fundamentals of economics when you can just parrot what a million other people on the internet who also didn't use their brain have already said?

Back