Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Just wait til you get a weird lag death :LOL::LOL:

I had a HC Monk at paragon 350 or so and Charter decided to work on our cables outside. When I logged back in I was dead.

Yea I'm around paragon 280 now I believe. ive had a couple disconnects but I've been in town for all of them. Monks been fun in hc so far. I get nervous about pushing myself on rifts. Think I've only gotten 45 down so far.

PTR is now live.... first thing found is there are now 13 Torment Levels, T13 being equivalent to a Lvl 60 greater rift. Played a regular rift on T13, had one mob drop 3 death breathes..... :D

I recently installed D3 again to get into Season 6, and I am getting TDR errors constantly with seemingly no pattern to determine the cause. I've tried three different drivers with the same result. Sometimes it happens in as little as 5 minutes, but the longest I've gone without a crash is about 15 minutes. Is it just an issue with the current game patch? I've done some searching an it seems like this has happened before to quite a few people, but disappointingly with no solution. It only happens in D3. I played Doom the other night for 4-5 hours with no issues. Admittedly, my Titan X has always seemed to have various issues running DirectX 9 games, but nothing like this has happened in D3 before uninstalling it the last time.

I recently installed D3 again to get into Season 6, and I am getting TDR errors constantly with seemingly no pattern to determine the cause. I've tried three different drivers with the same result. Sometimes it happens in as little as 5 minutes, but the longest I've gone without a crash is about 15 minutes. Is it just an issue with the current game patch? I've done some searching an it seems like this has happened before to quite a few people, but disappointingly with no solution. It only happens in D3. I played Doom the other night for 4-5 hours with no issues. Admittedly, my Titan X has always seemed to have various issues running DirectX 9 games, but nothing like this has happened in D3 before uninstalling it the last time.

0 issues here playing everyday

Which drivers? And what version of Windows?

Been playing D3 for... years (?) now with almost no issues. Do you have any funky settings with Nvidia Control Center or with Nvidia Inspector maybe?

I haven't played much in the past few weeks, this is my current Demon Hunter,
Krystyn-DH-Wings.jpg

Which drivers? And what version of Windows?

Been playing D3 for... years (?) now with almost no issues. Do you have any funky settings with Nvidia Control Center or with Nvidia Inspector maybe?
I found out what it was after some digging. There was a second "ghost" Titan X installed with a 353-series driver. After removing that and cleaning up that old driver the game has been running fine. Ran it for 4 hours straight this past weekend without an issue. It's weird that this had happened. It may have been something odd going on with installing drivers through GFE at some point, though I never had any hangups or lockups with it. I reinstalled driver 365.19 afterward.

Glad you found the problem!

Wifey and I have been trying to get wings and pets. It's... just so much RNG.

I just logged back in on my witch doctor for the first time in months. Not really sure where to go. I can clear a 58 GRift with 5m to spare. Not sure if that's good or not. My only upgrades are a couple ancient items. I use a Carnevil build with the little fetish dudes running around plinking everything. Its fun I guess, but I really don't have much of a goal anymore. I have other max level characters, but my stash is 100% full so it makes it tough to collect gear. I should probably make some mules or something.

I just logged back in on my witch doctor for the first time in months. Not really sure where to go. I can clear a 58 GRift with 5m to spare. Not sure if that's good or not. My only upgrades are a couple ancient items. I use a Carnevil build with the little fetish dudes running around plinking everything. Its fun I guess, but I really don't have much of a goal anymore. I have other max level characters, but my stash is 100% full so it makes it tough to collect gear. I should probably make some mules or something.
I've found the stash to be inadequate when trying to deal with multiple classes. Even this season, trying to run two monks (1 speedfarm and 1 GR push) it's been more or less hell trying to juggle shit around. And that's already on top of scrapping nearly everything I pick up nowadays.

I will say that yesterday was a good day: 3 rainbow gobs, 1 spectrum, 1 hamburger, 1 Liv Moore.

The cosmic wings though... still elude the wifey. She's started to "sprinkle in a few runs" as she works from home... :D

It just gives me something to while watching a couple YouTube videos before bed. D3 is my go-to game when I want to wind down before bed unlike an MP FPS game that gets me all stirred up.

Just finished off my Season 6 Journey (level 70 HC, seriously, anyone who thought it was a good idea should be at the receiving end of all the nastiest and painful debuffs all 6 classes have to offer...).

Now I am somewhat lost as to what class I want to play for season 7, since I have completed the rotation for all 6 classes now.

They seem to have went ahead and nerfed everything a bit for this season, didn't really see any new content. I might go with a demon hunter. I always make one but never at the beginning.

The most prominent nerfs are the ones that buffs other players damage. EG Wind Chill rune on Multishot is now only 8% crit instead of 15% since it benefits everyone else.

But not sure if they went the right way though, basically they nerfed the 3 support meta (a good thing) by nerfing everything that helps parties (probably a bad thing).

I would have settled for half benefit for parties, but retain full benefit for the user in question.

Calamity change I am impartial, definitely didn't understand why that MfD was different from DH's own MfD (it's not like DH didn't have the skill), but it does render some MfD runes completely useless (Valley of death and contagion) and possibly making some OP (Mortal Enemy perhaps?).

So, wow. I just came back to D3 for the first time since I don't know when. There was still a market the last time I played (I will always have a soft spot for the market because after preordering this game for $60 I sold items for around $150 right after the money market went online).

Anyway, the expansion was decent. It was nice to finally have a drop system where you find items that make sense for your hero. However, it still seems like a lot of the game is just based on RNG in terms of drops. I mean, obviously there is RNG. What I mean is that there are some items that are hugely better than others. I was running around as a level 70 DH barely able to survive torment 1 when I got a random manticore drop that didn't up my damage stat but improved cluster arrow so much that I was able to jump up to torment 4 with that single item.

Doing blood shard farming to try to complete a set makes me long for the market again. At least gold isn't a problem anymore. I'm running around with 500k. I'm almost broke when I find that treasure goblin world and get the legendary gem that makes everyone explode into gold. Upgrade it a few times and now I have a 50% chance of enemies exploding into gold. In two days I'm up to 200M gold.

Anyway, I'm just kind of rambling since it has been so long since I last played D3.

Are there any easy item or skill builds that make barbarian viable? Even with crafting some legendary and set gear for him it is just massively tedious to play him instead of my DH. I find myself just standing there pounding on some boss for 10 minutes because my damage seems to 10% of what my DH does.

So it's all about sets now. You literally just need to complete a set and you can usually go to Torment 10. Check out the top builds here for specifics on your class Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans

Crafting is pretty much useless in most cases.

How is the crusader these days? Just for a new player coming back. Want it kinda of easy to start.

Pretty much. This season is ending soon as in 2 days, but if Season 7 is going to be anything like Season 5 or 6, you'd be able to get a full set (dictated beforehand by the class you are playing, and by Blizzard), which, by and large, are at the very least T6 capable on its own, by completing certain amount of season journeys (for the last two season, it was always Level 70, Kill a specific boss in T2 and reach Grift 20).

How is the crusader these days? Just for a new player coming back. Want it kinda of easy to start.
It's not too bad actually, playing Crusader in Season 5 (invoker sader) and it was rather fun due to it being tanky (since DPS stats are mostly useless for that build).

I eventually switched to LoN Captain America build, which I also quite enjoyed. Blessed hammer set also wasn't too bad.

But, I play casual, I don't push Grifts any higher than what Season journey tells me to.

Don't know, never played support-y types before. I generally tend to solo things whereever possible.

They have said that the gifts this next season will be tied to Chapter completion ( chapters 2, 3 and 4 IIRC)

yup, you usually have to complete 4 chapters for the first award frame of the season. ( I did just confirm that is correct, gifts awarded for completion of chapters 2, 3 and 4)

Awesome, thanks.

Now, time to decide to go either DH (for the third time...) or Wizard (second time, first since season 1) :p

I am not sure if I like Flashfire though...

No contest for me... always start season as a DH :D

Same here. I'm itching to start the new season. It generally takes me a week to complete the season journey and then I quit until the next season. It's been a while since I've played.

I have actually yet to play DH through to the end-game. I think I'll do that this upcoming season.

Blearg, I'm just starting to hunt down the keywardens. This might be the first season I don't finish- depending on this weekend.

Damn, 20000 posts in this thread.

Next Friday 8PM EST.

Season 6 End & Season 7 Start Dates:

You’ll be able to sort through your rollover rewards and review your progress on the Leaderboards between Seasons. It’s a great time to reflect on the accomplishments you’ve made and enjoy the culmination of your pre- and post-Season loot hunts!

Season 6 will be ending on the following dates and times:

North America: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 7 will begin about two weeks afterwards on these dates:

North America: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Back