Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Looks like I might be the most powerful Wizard in America this HC season dirkdirden-1579

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index....=1&uclass=wizard&server=all&realm=hc&type=dps

Nah. http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_elemental_dps_s1/class.wizard

diablo3ladder doesn't include people who don't upload their own battle tags, so not really that useful to compare to others. Also, the elemental dos isn't as important anymore as the gear is. Full firebirds will be stronger.

I can't believe anyone actually watches that ass clown

People watch him because he is an ass clown and does stuff like this. KK was one of the people who was also farming Act 2 Cave of the Ancients (or whatever if was called) for like 12 hours a day to get higher Paragon.

Hell even Gabynator (the guy that was the first over level 1000 Paragon) was exploiting this. And that guy is boring as hell and no one even watches his channel.

People watch him because he is an ass clown and does stuff like this. KK was one of the people who was also farming Act 2 Cave of the Ancients (or whatever if was called) for like 12 hours a day to get higher Paragon.

Hell even Gabynator (the guy that was the first over level 1000 Paragon) was exploiting this. And that guy is boring as hell and no one even watches his channel.

Yeah true about Gabynator, might as well watch paint peel than him playing in his mom's basement (clearly you can see he's in a basement, he doesn't even try to hide it :D )

Awe I didn't think I'd be so high.

How did you break it down by season? Did you just manually type in the s1?

Looks like I'm 32 on Elite Damage.

On the right side there is a box that says Season 1 Rankings ;)

As far as streamers go, I really only like datmodz. He's a nice guy and doesn't seem to be a tool like most of the others. Goodideagaming is also OK.

Modz was #1 on Twitch at the start of the season, I watched him do Miner's Gold exploit for a while.
Definitely one of the nicest cheaters in D3.

On the right side there is a box that says Season 1 Rankings ;)

As far as streamers go, I really only like datmodz. He's a nice guy and doesn't seem to be a tool like most of the others. Goodideagaming is also OK.

Datmodz is cool. GiG will read racist notes on stream if you donate to him. So I stay away from him as I never found that type of thing to be funny. I like watching Spsdebo for my WitchDoctor kick. He will explain to you the ins and outs of WD all stream if you can think of enough questions to ask. Then he will put the gear on and show you what he was explaining. Kinda fun to watch at times. Alkaizerx stream is cool, but you have to put the spammers on ignore in the chat. He will answer questions if you have a good question. Most of the time he is silent though.

Just successfully did Greater Rifts with a pickup group for the first time tonight, made it all the way to Tier 16 before we all called it a night. I had great fun!

Thanks to Arch, strend and Oc last night for some good T6 runs, dragging my pathetically low-DPS rear end through the depths of hell :cool:

A new XP exploit involving Belial and Kulle this time.
Cannot confirm if it's real.

http://i.imgur.com/DICTAKl.png

Ugh, she has not helped me out at all
I got the shoulders after about 2k shards, and I got the helm less than 10 rolls later.
I found the Chest while playing my WD, the other 4 pieces cost me about 4k-5k shards in total.

This set being the ONLY useful items she has EVER given me after spending 30k-40k shards so far in ROS.

I can't stand alkaizer. The guy is a tool IMO. And the faces he makes is punch worthy.

Isn't he the one who is gay or something? I watched his stream for a bit and was not entertained for very long. I guess the barb leap quake isn't that exciting to watch either.

Havent gotten anything for almost the past week now. Its either terrible drops with vit, or weapons with no sockets. Ive had my weapon since they day I came back to D3 its been almost 2 weeks. Spent closer to 3k trying to get a decent 1 hander with a socket.

Alkaizer thing seems to be that he is really good. Pretty sure he is (or was) on top of the Barbarian leader board with a build that no one thought would even work.

Havent gotten anything for almost the past week now. Its either terrible drops with vit, or weapons with no sockets. Ive had my weapon since they day I came back to D3 its been almost 2 weeks. Spent closer to 3k trying to get a decent 1 hander with a socket.

Thank god. Someone else feeling my pain. Since Seasons started, my DH is 70 Paragon 65, I can't get a socketed legendary weapon 1h or 2h, killed bunches of Goblins in Campaign and Adventure mode outside of Rifts and can't get a Goblin rift for shit. I have a monk and a Wizard I just started with and I am bored trying to level them, and just go back to my DH. One season character is enough. If I don't get a Goblin rift and decent weapon soon, I am going to leave till next expansion. Boooooring......

There's an item now that will add a socket to a weapon that doesn't already have one. It's called Ramalandni's Gift. And as a tip, enchant it to get the stats that you want without the socket, then add the socket (essentially giving the item 7 magic properties).

There's an item now that will add a socket to a weapon that doesn't already have one. It's called Ramalandni's Gift. And as a tip, enchant it to get the stats that you want without the socket, then add the socket (essentially giving the item 7 magic properties).
Why do you have to roll the stats you want first? I'm guessing it's because the enchanter's UI doesn't support displaying 7 properties?

I'm finding too much stuff. Inventory completely full. I have probably 8 completely viable weapons for my wizard almost an entire backup set of firebirds, blackthrons, and tal rashas.

I also found a shard of Hate last night....probably the best weapon I have so much extra damage from my primary Lightning attack and my frozen armor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/52658762

Did some deeper greater riffs last night and was able to get to 23 but I popped a few times so I backed down...at least now I know unstable anomaly goes off first then firebirds. Got my Boon of Hoarder to level 21. 38 on hard core is just crazy talk.

This isn't how this works. Even if the weapon starts with a socket, you can roll the socket into a stat and then add a socket with the Gift. It is actually easier to add a Gifted socket first, then reroll a stat. That way you won't keep getting socket rolls (when you were planning to add a socket with the Gift).

The downside to that approach if you might end up with one of those items where the Mystic "never" give you what you want and you are staring at 10 million gold re-rolls on an item you use the Gift on. Then the next day, a better version of the same item will drop :p

I'm having AMG luck like normal. Level 77 paragon WD and DH and between both, I have only found a single green set item, and its the shitty one that has wall of zombie bonus or something. I have not found a tall mans, tasker, jerams, etc. It is getting depressing. Although on the DH I keep finding these bows that drop caltraps all the freaking time. I think I have salvaged over 10 of them already.

edit: on seasons...

Last edited:
I didn't think I'd ever get back into D3, but I started a Hardcore Season wizard. By the end of Act 1 normal I had found 3 legendaries.

Guess they increased the drop rate? The game is actually fun now.

Just got the expansion for $19.99. Havent played in a long long time. Think i should start over from the beginning?

Just got the expansion for $19.99. Havent played in a long long time. Think i should start over from the beginning?

You won't gain anything going back and starting over. All of the gear you find leveling up is going to get replaced by Level 70 gear.

Been finding barb items like crazy so been leveling him up. Haven't found a single crusader item in a week or so. Just need an eternal union and baleful remnant to flesh out my pet sader but trying to find those 2 items have been like a needle in a haystack.

I didn't think I'd ever get back into D3, but I started a Hardcore Season wizard. By the end of Act 1 normal I had found 3 legendaries.

Guess they increased the drop rate? The game is actually fun now.
I've been doing the same. Part way through act V I have always gotten a new legendary at the exact time when I needed an upgrade, especially when it comes to weapons. I believe I have gotten around 20 or so legendaries total in my campaign run so far. I've been rocking 2-handers up through level 60 :p. Now it's actually better to go 1-hander and source.

Been finding barb items like crazy so been leveling him up. Haven't found a single crusader item in a week or so. Just need an eternal union and baleful remnant to flesh out my pet sader but trying to find those 2 items have been like a needle in a haystack.
I feel your pain, trying to get a Baleful Remnant myself, driving me nuts...

So this pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says " hey pirate, you have a helm on your crotch" and the pirate responds "argh...it's driving me nuts"

You get guaranteed legendaries for your first character in Seasonal mode all the way up to Malthael. Each end boss will drop legendaries.

You get guaranteed legendaries for your first character in Seasonal mode all the way up to Malthael. Each end boss will drop legendaries.

That's a waste of time though. Adventure mode will net you way more legendaries. Only reason to do it is if you are bored and/or want to play the campaign for the story.

In any case, I picked up about 10-20 legendaries on my way to 70. Plus it is fun.

I'm having AMG luck like normal. Level 77 paragon WD and DH and between both, I have only found a single green set item, and its the shitty one that has wall of zombie bonus or something. I have not found a tall mans, tasker, jerams, etc. It is getting depressing. Although on the DH I keep finding these bows that drop caltraps all the freaking time. I think I have salvaged over 10 of them already.

edit: on seasons...

Thank god at least some are feeling my pain. Today 2 Greater rift on 14+ and twice I did not get a SINGLE legendary out of either. Didnt even get fing greater rift keys. I have done 20 or so regular rifts in the past 2 days 3 legendaries and all of them not even close to viable for my wizard. Its even worse lately when I get a weapon it will either be vit only, no socket, or socket and 15% less DPS and less of all other stats. I spent time trying to craft some too and no luck. Been doing lots of Act 1 bounty runs to see if I can get RoRG not one yet. I havent gotten anymore firebirds since I got the orb the second day I came back 2 weeks ago, and that wasnt even a good roll. If I find something remotely interesting it probably needs to be rerolled and I do it only to get the same stat that I wanted to reroll. RNG trolling me all fing week.

EDIT: and of course since I am stuck I cant even go on higher torment levels or rifts solo because my damage output hasnt moved at all in the past week and a half lol.
Double EDIT: just played a rift, 4 legendaries 0 usable ones not even with re rolls. D3 really knows how to give me hope and the troll me.

Last edited:
That's a waste of time though. Adventure mode will net you way more legendaries. Only reason to do it is if you are bored and/or want to play the campaign for the story.
This seasonal character is my first hardcore toon. So in this case I have not yet completed the campaign for Adventure mode. Campaign is more fun for me, anyway. Plus, there is no way I would ever get on the leaderboards for anything. I'm just doing it because I'm a completionist, but mostly because I can :p.

Finally got an RoRG on my DH. Now to find a nice Tasker and Theo.

Damage output difference is astounding with M6

This seasonal character is my first hardcore toon. So in this case I have not yet completed the campaign for Adventure mode. Campaign is more fun for me, anyway. Plus, there is no way I would ever get on the leaderboards for anything. I'm just doing it because I'm a completionist, but mostly because I can :p.

Plus you won't be disappointed when you get that level 45 Rorg from doing A1 bounties....right AMD T-Type? ;)

Back