Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Are WD's that different? I can facetank T2 with my Wizard and he has 245k health.

That's really low for him too, but a wiz can survive more hits than WD.

I have my pets running around and I'm good...unless I run into orbit/frozen mobs. Even with 1800+ AR, I don't feel that I have the survivability in T2 -- oh, I kill things well enough, but surviving unique mobs with the formentioned affixes is difficult.

Hence my comment about low health.

After many many many Act 1 split bounties, I got a second RROG on my Wizard, this time the random property rolled 42% crit, after rerolling LOH to CC, that ring is a massive 9% dps increase to my glass cannon (at the cost of Vit, making her more glassy).

Up next is A good Trifecta (or Bifecta with reduced cost) Gloves of Worship. I havent done much act 2 bounties, but i think there's still high demand for them.

Asheara's set is insanely easy to farm for if you have the pattern, it adds some very easy durability to almost any build. I've been checking it out for a coupe of days, the survivability increase from the set bonuses is notable. I am also using Bad Medicine for T4+:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ocellaris-1324/hero/42944548

Aughild's helps against Elites as well, harder to farm for though (not difficult, just takes more time).

Asheara's set is insanely easy to farm for if you have the pattern, it adds some very easy durability to almost any build. I've been checking it out for a coupe of days, the survivability increase from the set bonuses is notable. I am also using Bad Medicine for T4+:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ocellaris-1324/hero/42944548

Aughild's helps against Elites as well, harder to farm for though (not difficult, just takes more time).

+1. I farmed for several mats and necessary white gear, crafted 3 pieces of the set (gloves, shoulders, boots) and rerolled bad affixes into a fairly decent set all in about 60 mins last night. I do like the set but had to give up my Cains and Blackthornes 3pc bonuses (had two pieces of each RRoG). I'm not sure which I'll stick with in the long run, but Cains didn't really help my disintegrate wiz anyway. I've been trying to add Captain Crimson to the Asheara's but I've landed exactly ONE essence of twin seas in about 2 hours of farming. It's ridiculous.

BTW, for those looking for shard of einstag plate for Aughilds, join the community by the same name. The entire community is looking for bounties on Fecklar/Hawthorne or one of the others and will message when they find them, so you get the mats really quick.

but i die very easily, so any input on how to fix that would be great.

Hmm, I see you don't have any LoH. I'd max out LoH with your Paragon points and swap out Fetish Army for leeching zombie dogs. That'll increase your survivability immensely right there. And maybe consider swapping one of your passives for Jungle Fortitude.

Ran a few rifts this morning before work with my WD.

Got one legendary drop.

A Stormshield.

:confused:

Yay me! Got a second Stormshield with my WD on Saturday.

Last edited:
Wizards have some of the best passive resistance in the game. WD is probably the glassiest of classes, and that's why the pets are there to tank for him. I would roll that ammy's attack speed into crit damage. If you wanna up your survival work the dogs or gargantuan into your build.

Good point. Much of my tanking ability comes from my passives and chain stunning using teleport.

+1. I farmed for several mats and necessary white gear, crafted 3 pieces of the set (gloves, shoulders, boots) and rerolled bad affixes into a fairly decent set all in about 60 mins last night.

Damn, RNGesus was not happy to me last night, then. I had a little bit of time last night and did about 35-40 Ssratha runs and got a big whopping 0 Iron Wolves Doctrine drops.

Damn, RNGesus was not happy to me last night, then. I had a little bit of time last night and did about 35-40 Ssratha runs and got a big whopping 0 Iron Wolves Doctrine drops.

What difficulty were you on? That doesn't seem right at all. I got 11 or so in less than an hour on T2, while eating and typing emails. I should have been in T3 and the drop rate would be even higher.

The drop rate is around 40% at these levels, nearly impossible to go more than a few times and not get a drop:
http://www.diablowiki.net/Legendary_Materials

Last edited:
What difficulty were you on? That doesn't seem right at all. I got 11 or so in less than an hour on T2, while eating and typing emails. I should have been in T3 and the drop rate would be even higher.

The drop rate is around 40% at these levels, nearly impossible to go more than a few times and not get a drop
http://www.diablowiki.net/Legendary_Materials

Mostly T1. I did some at T2, but my kill speed wasn't worth the bump in drop rate.

Mostly T1. I did some at T2, but my kill speed wasn't worth the bump in drop rate.

Ouch, sorry to hear about the bad luck. I was running T3 and got probably 6 in 10 runs. Slightly better than average luck there, and my luck with the crafts was pretty decent too, so the time I quoted is probably not typical. I was also using my dedicated bounty speed run TR monk to farm the white gear. I think I recrafted the gloves twice, and the shoulders 3 times, but the boots were pretty much perfect (not perfect rolls of course, but right 3 starting affixes) the first time. All told, I went through about 15 souls, if I remember right.

What class do you play? Ssthrass is about as easy as a unique gets, so you can probably bump it up a little in difficulty compared to what you normally play. I'd recommend respec'ing slightly for optimal burst damage (e.g. for wiz, go arcane dynamo, unwav will, elemental exposure, and snapshot disintegrate or archon and just melt him). With other classes use the "berserk mode" skills (epiphany, vengeance, etc)

If you think Asheara's is bad, don't even bother trying Captain Crimson's. It makes even Aughilds look like a walk in the park.

I think I just need to sacrifice (salvage) some legendaries to RNGesus and get back in his favor.

Been farming them with my WD. I'm in the process of going from a fire pet build to a DoT build of indeterminate elemental damage (probably poison/cold, eventually), so my gear is kind of meh at the moment. I should be able to do T2-3 without too much trouble with a balls to the walls Wrathful Protector nuke build, though.

Weird, after Googling to see if there's some weird issue with the drop, I'm seeing a few results of people saying they had some major dry spells when farming it.

I had a ton of fun @ patch 2.0 and the first 3 weeks after Reaper came out. I played a ton, enjoyed the loot hunt, enjoyed bounties and rifts. I'm just at that point where I am finally burned out. Getting a Maximus made me play a bit longer, was fun to mess around with the completely changed build strategy. The game really really really needs more unique items like that which completely changes how you play the game or the build you use.

I think they're moving in the right direction and I am sure I'll revisit down the road again (or when the next expansion comes out). Going to stop playing and take a break until that point comes around, I have faith in them though.

I'm getting burnt out as well.. I've been playing whenever I can after work and on weekends. I'm about paragon 421 right now... so quite a bit higher than most average people.. been doing a ton of t6 bounties on my barb.

been doing a ton of t6 bounties on my barb.

Why? Unless they changed something fairly recently, the caches don't depend on difficulty. If you're running T6, why aren't you doing rifts instead of bounties?

My group has reached burn out as well, except the problem is that we hit the gear walls quite quickly.

You don't find anything you need (set pieces, etc). You just mostly find garbage items.

Without anyway to trade or aquire the items you need outside of farming then the game because a very bad grind at times. Clearing an entire game of bounties and then popping five sacks of crap gets old.

They are going in the right direction but seriously need to work on itemization still. I am sure I will come back to the game for years to come though.

Oh and ladders ARE NOT the answer.

Was in a pub yesterday with a 380something paragon level Crusader with 5 piece Akkahn set and RoRG.

Why? Unless they changed something fairly recently, the caches don't depend on difficulty. If you're running T6, why aren't you doing rifts instead of bounties?

He is doing it for the gold/XP. But yeah soon high diff bounties will be highly rewarded with the coming patch. For now I only do T6 bounties for the gold/XP boost.

Putting set items in Torment Caches will certainly make things more interesting.

...as long as they don't put Blackthorne in the bags :(

There are three bounties that I do that reward about 65mill xp and 421k gold each. They usually take less than a minute to complete. (well realistically 2-3 mins for some)

There are three bounties that I do that reward about 65mill xp and 421k gold each. They usually take less than a minute to complete. (well realistically 2-3 mins for some)

Oh, hello there. This topic is also of interest to me. :D

Oh, hello there. This topic is also of interest to me. :D

I'll spill the beans!

A1 - Khazra Den
A3 - Forward Barracks
A4 - Hell Rift.

In T6 if you are strong enough, you can complete these fairly quickly. I was fortunate enough to find the earthquake set on my barb.

I have yet to find one game that has all three bounties. But 2 out of the three is fairly common.

Clear the Hell Rift Act 4

There's always quests in the same 5 spots,
Keep restarting until you get clear the hell rift level 2
Map to level 2 is linear and very short
Most of the time level two is all white mobs

Clear the Hell Rift Act 4

There's always quests in the same 5 spots,
Keep restarting until you get clear the hell rift level 2
Map to level 2 is linear and very short
Most of the time level two is all white mobs

That's just one of them. The Khazra Den is very easy to find, and the forward barracks is also VERY easy to find, its basically you step out and the quest marker shows you the spot. They are all small areas with minimal guys to kill.

That's just one of them. The Khazra Den is very easy to find, and the forward barracks is also VERY easy to find, its basically you step out and the quest marker shows you the spot. They are all small areas with minimal guys to kill.

Kharza Den is a bitch to find! What sorcery is this?

I've found I can do a t5 rift with people and clear out a rift in 15 mins give or take. That's usually worth 400-450 mil xp and fairly good gold along with some legs.

If you can do t6 solo, t5 rift is probably possible for you.

Note, vote kick any moochers else it will become a painful cycle of death when someone doesn't pull their weight.

Kharza Den is a bitch to find! What sorcery is this?

I need to do some more Normal Adventure runs with you, trying to find my ring (royal granduer) and I need to do some whimseyshire runs again to grab another mystical source.
<== Shaggy

Why cant 2.0.5 be here quicker!?!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is an achievement for beating all bounties and rifts in one session?

Probably anecdotal, and not actually any better... but the best Rift I ever ran was after completing all the bounties in all acts with a group of 4, one of the super large act 5 graveyard rifts with elite mobs at every intersection, seemed to drop a metric tonne of legs.

Gah. I just got my 3rd Marauders chest piece :mad:. RNG gods refuse to drop the boots and pants.
I cant wait for 2.05 either - It'll be nice for bounties to be worth it again. Right now all I run them for is to stock back up on rift keys.

I should probably start opening my games to the Rift it Forward community and stop doing bounties all together.

I need to do some more Normal Adventure runs with you, trying to find my ring (royal granduer) and I need to do some whimseyshire runs again to grab another mystical source.
<== Shaggy

Why cant 2.0.5 be here quicker!?!

There's a reason to run Whimseyshire now?

Last night in Rift it Forward I ended up opening new Rifts for the same group three times in a row. They were only 6 or 7 minutes apart as well. I couldn't decide if I should ask them to just stay in the group as their Rift Opening Bitch for a while or not...

I hit a new low point gambling last night. 900 shards and zero Legendary items. Then I opened 25+ caches and got zero as well. I suppose this makes up for gambling a good Mask of Jeram, Quetzalcoatl, 2x Hwoj Wraps, and Tasker and Theo in the span of 48 hours over the weekend.

I have such awful luck in this game. Ive had 3 good set items drop for my WD...problem was...they were all DIFFERENT SETS! Ive now spent 4k shards trying to get Taskar and Theo gloves, ive gotten a total of 18 St. Andrews Gloves, and 8 Gladiator gauntlets in the process. I finally found a decent weapon for my wizard (A Thunderfury that rolled natively with low damage, but high int and a socket so i was able to reroll the damage and get it close to max).

Right now it seems my best bet to push my WD further is to craft Aughilds and Ashearas

Craft Aughild's first for the 15% Elite boost. Farming the mats is easy enough that I got bored and made four or five more bracers the other day just looking for a better set.

For getting the white items, do Battlefields of Eternity in Act 5 (or whatever it is called) and then back backwards into the Abandoned Camp. There are a bunch of clickable pile of armor and the map is small and linear. Once you run through, just reset and do it again. Took me just a few minutes to get the Ascended Bracers.

I like Asheara's when the Followers come out, and it let's me be a bit more stupid with positioning, however it lacks the extra damage punch that Aughild's has.

Got a Marauder's boots, have 3 pieces, helm/pants/boots + ring

PETS!

Wish I didn't burn the gloves. Waiting on shoulders.

Back