Hi,

is this Ring worth anything?

- Attack Speed Increase 7%
- Critical Hit Damage 34%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased 5%
- 12% Find Chance Find Magical
- +50 Lighting Resistance
- Health Globes and Potions +1636 Life

In AH I see some crazy gold bids.... all my gold is 10 millions... :-(.... (maybe this is my lucky item)
Thank you.....

Yeah thats a pretty decent trifecta ring. I would search the AH using only the IAS, CHC, CHD stats.

Yeah thats a pretty decent trifecta ring. I would search the AH using only the IAS, CHC, CHD stats.

Thanx..that is good news....
I am at work right now so cannot check....yesterday that I checked with MagicFind, I found one about 100mil.

I hope I can sell this around 20mil.....so I can upgrade my poor barb. (all my gold is only around 10mil :-( )

Hi,

is this Ring worth anything?

- Attack Speed Increase 7%
- Critical Hit Damage 34%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased 5%
- 12% Find Chance Find Magical
- +50 Lighting Resistance
- Health Globes and Potions +1636 Life

In AH I see some crazy gold bids.... all my gold is 10 millions... :-(.... (maybe this is my lucky item)
Thank you.....

Gratz.. that's your lucky item. Just missing some primary stats and vit, but should still sell for a decent amount.

I missed a Key Drop at MP9 last night....Complete devastation.

So now I farm Keys at MP10. Typically I use my barb for high MP but tried out a pretty sweet super tank monk build for it....My characters gear didn't save last night or I'd link it.

Its pretty much this with 5 life leach and 240 life per spirit spent.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WVYSQX!XYU!Zacccb

Crippling Wave with Concussion is pretty bad ass for stopping damage.

30% from Blinding Flash
15% from Breath of Heaven
12% from exploding Palm

This helps make up for not having enough tank to run conviction on MP10.....High Defense/allres monks should try this with Overawe.

Was it the Act 2 keyboss? I swear his drop chance is bugged.

hahaha it sure was. I hate him so much. My wizard can take down all the Keybosses with the quickness except him so I have to pop in my secondary Monk or Barb to get the keys.

The act 1 key boss is a joke....Until the tree's pop out of the wood work and poison EVERYTHING.

I'd say the odds are about right from my experience. I normally key farm at MP 7 but I missed 3 keys in a row once and moved to MP 9 which hit me with about 20 keys before I missed one. The jump from MP 7 to MP 9 adds like 5 minutes and MP 9 to MP 10 also seems to add another 5 minutes. Not sure if I'll continue to farm MP10 but I like the 100% drop rate.....and I'm watching video's and movies while hacking away at MP10 so the time isn't a big issue.....the disappointment of not getting a key however is an issue.

The act 1 key boss is a joke....Until the tree's pop out of the wood work and poison EVERYTHING.

Screw those trees. On my monk I'm sitting there tanking 5 elite bulls with my health barely moving, but one stinky cabbage under my feet and I go down like a $2 hooker? Pfft! :mad:

hahaha it sure was. I hate him so much. My wizard can take down all the Keybosses with the quickness except him so I have to pop in my secondary Monk or Barb to get the keys.

I find the A2 keywarden to be the easiest. I haven't attempted on Wizard, but on DH and WD it's incredibly easy.

With both DH and WD you can attack him without him even attacking back. I've considered making a vid of it, but in any case with Devouring Arrow/Evasive Fire or Spiders I can shoot at his bubble without engaging him and eventually kill him. To check for damage, simply look for the electro bolts that appear every so often.

I find the A2 keywarden to be the easiest. I haven't attempted on Wizard, but on DH and WD it's incredibly easy.

With both DH and WD you can attack him without him even attacking back. I've considered making a vid of it, but in any case with Devouring Arrow/Evasive Fire or Spiders I can shoot at his bubble without engaging him and eventually kill him. To check for damage, simply look for the electro bolts that appear every so often.

I used BoL with my DH and he will be dead without budging if I can get him off-screen. The missile dampen affix is a gift because BoL will get slowed but will stack and hit him countless times.

I'd say the odds are about right from my experience. I normally key farm at MP 7 but I missed 3 keys in a row once and moved to MP 9 which hit me with about 20 keys before I missed one. The jump from MP 7 to MP 9 adds like 5 minutes and MP 9 to MP 10 also seems to add another 5 minutes. Not sure if I'll continue to farm MP10 but I like the 100% drop rate.....and I'm watching video's and movies while hacking away at MP10 so the time isn't a big issue.....the disappointment of not getting a key however is an issue.

Can you link the profile of your monk?

Yes, as the A2 Keywarden is the easiest to kill with the above strategy... However, finding 5 stacks seems to take the longest on A2 for me.. Do you have recommendations? The damn Dahlgur map is so big. The Forgotten ruins will also net some stacks, but finding it and clearing it takes some time.

For A1/A3, its very quick to get stacks for me.

FYI - Another Win8 user here (roughly 2 weeks?) and no issues with Diablo and Starcraft 2.

Yes, as the A2 Keywarden is the easiest to kill with the above strategy... However, finding 5 stacks seems to take the longest on A2 for me.. Do you have recommendations? The damn Dahlgur map is so big. The Forgotten ruins will also net some stacks, but finding it and clearing it takes some time.

FYI - Another Win8 user here (roughly 2 weeks?) and no issues with Diablo and Starcraft 2.

^^ I thought most people do Vaults, then run through a few of the WP elites that remain, then head to the Oasis. Usually quick with a 4-person party that spreads out to find him too.

Can you link the profile of your monk?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

Here you go.

He even has my tank build skill and gear right now. While not the highest damage those weapons have all the stats I need....at like 200k gold each.

210 Life Per Spirit Spent
5 Life steal

The amulet makes me sick even to this day.....I some how equipped the wrong amulet and sold the one I normally use.

My Old Amulet which I sold for 1 million by mistake looked like:
62 Crit Damage
7.5 Crit Chance
80 Dex
40 Vit
62 All res
38 Fire Res

On the bright side someone else is posting how he got this amulet for only 1 million from some noob.

My wizard has very low health 16k and Force armor. He dies instantly from that dudes spin attack. I'd have to respec to beat him with my wizard.....but I'd rather just do it with my barb or monk.

Last edited:

A2 does feel like it takes the longest, but it's generally not longer than any of the other acts. Really, you don't need to go anywhere other than "Path to the Oasis" and simply clear that to get stacks and the KW. If you're short, or you're paranoid, then clearing Black Canyon Mines is where I go. BCM is weird, sometimes it spawns 0 Elites, and sometimes it spawns 3. But it's a really small area, and it's a set map, so you don't have to worry about random map generation.

Clearing the Oasis itself is pretty straightforward. I usually just choose "a wall" and follow it around. The Oasis is two bubbles attached to each other. The centers of each bubble have a few tiles that can be changed to random encounters, caves, etc. The Warden will generally be hugging one of the walls.

Another trick is to be familiar with the events in the Oasis. Free the prisoners for a stack. Do the Tomb of Sardis (or whatever it's called) for a free stack, plus all the of possible elites (I've found up to 3) inside. There is also another tomb that's in there for another couple stacks.

Finally, know what won't give you stacks, and don't waste your time on them. Fezual(sp) doesn't give a stack, the hiding Assassin mob doesn't either (the one next to the mini lake with a treasure chest), and the Cheiftan on the lake that brings up the suicide exploders doesn't either. There are a few other examples, but the point is, if you don't want to bother with the exp, and you're trying to get it done as fast as possible, just run past.

My beef with the Act 2 key boss is that he just doesn't like dropping the key. :(

RNG is RNG is RNG. Do a search online and you'll find out that there are people complaining about RNG on every Warden. So in other words, if it makes you feel better, some people have had problems with A1 and A3, and would kill for your drop rate in those acts. I had a terrible time in A3 with probably a 1 in 20 drop rate. This was when I just started playing, and I was only at MP2. For A1/A2 I got a drop at 1-in-3 or 1-in-4.

The only thing I can say is, just crank up the monster power, and play with friends, and don't worry about whether you get the drop or not. Think about the leveling aspect and loot drops as well. If you can balance it all out in your mind, then at least it won't feel like drudgery or such a terrible time.

At MP4, key drops get to be fairly consistent. MP5 and up, it becomes (in my opinion) a non-issue. But then you have to balance out whether or not you're capable of clearing it at those levels.

My wizard has very low health 16k and Force armor. He dies instantly from that dudes spin attack. I'd have to respec to beat him with my wizard.....but I'd rather just do it with my barb or monk.

I would say any class would die instantly via the spin attack at 16k health. I've swallowed my pride on my WD and put all Amethysts on her until I get gear that will support her HP. As it stands, she's at 42k, and I consider that barely adequate. 50k, and I would feel more comfortable. In any case, I only posted the solution I did for you, since you made it sound like you wanted a solution.

Last edited:
RNG is RNG is RNG. Do a search online and you'll find out that there are people complaining about RNG on every Warden. So in other words, if it makes you feel better, some people have had problems with A1 and A3, and would kill for your drop rate in those acts. I had a terrible time in A3 with probably a 1 in 20 drop rate. This was when I just started playing, and I was only at MP2. For A1/A2 I got a drop at 1-in-3 or 1-in-4.

The only thing I can say is, just crank up the monster power, and play with friends, and don't worry about whether you get the drop or not. Think about the leveling aspect and loot drops as well. If you can balance it all out in your mind, then at least it won't feel like drudgery or such a terrible time.

At MP4, key drops get to be fairly consistent. MP5 and up, it becomes (in my opinion) a non-issue. But then you have to balance out whether or not you're capable of clearing it at those levels.

Myself, I don't have a lot of issues with A2 and A3 keywardens but the A1 is a bitch who dropped just once for me in 10 runs :mad: That's RNG for ya ;)

My beef on normal is fighting Belial, I suck tremendous ass at this game :(

He constantly kicks my ass.

Damn. 48.5% crit must be real nice. I want those natalya's pieces!

It is quite nice. Best purchase I have made in the game. I got that ring for so cheap way back when don't remember the exact cost but pretty sure it was less than 50 million, I used to be poor at one time and couldn't afford 100m+ gear. It was valued a bit lower than it should have been because of the INT all the Monks and Demon Hunters didn't want it so I bought it for my Wizard.

My beef on normal is fighting Belial, I suck tremendous ass at this game :(

He constantly kicks my ass.

Watch out for his pattern if you can manage to get to phase three. It's always the same. In fact, try hugging one side of the screen and always going to the same spot. His first attack will be left, then right, then right, assuming you position to the left of the screen. He will also do a massive one time attack that has no discernible (to me at least) pattern. Just keep watching for the patterns. When he starts dropping green puddles, again, just stand in one spot and move as little as possible. I don't mean stand stationary, but time it so that you move out of the way before he drops another puddle. The puddle dodging part is the most difficult.

If all else fails, consult youtube. There are several videos.

My DH still has issues with the Act 2 keywarden, his ability to knock back my arrows into me hurts a lot.

Even on mp4 with 1100 ar and 153k dps and 52k hp I can still be killed within 2 sec if I get hit with his spam mortar + my arrows back at me or an elite pack is mixed in with jailor timed at the keywarden teleport spam.

I feel so bad for the demon hunters and wizards who do so much damage that they have difficulty with an enemy sometimes :/

Barbarians have it pretty bad too. Sometimes whirlwind doesnt kill instantly and they have to wait. What a waste of time

I feel so bad for the demon hunters and wizards who do so much damage that they have difficulty with an enemy sometimes :/

Barbarians have it pretty bad too. Sometimes whirlwind doesnt kill instantly and they have to wait. What a waste of time

Ha ha ha! :) I started playing my Witch Doctor a little bit. It's a nice change of pace to be able to actually live when fighting reflect mobs instead of 2 shotting myself.

Does anyone look for Gold Find on their gear when upgrading? Thinking of doing that and seeing how it pans out. I'm just sleepwalking through MP0 and my gear can easily clear MP3 (highest I've tried). I've got 25 yards of pickup radius and was thinking that I might as well maximize that as I'm grabbing orbs as fast as they drop to boost my dps from 85k to 164k.

Ha ha ha! :) I started playing my Witch Doctor a little bit. It's a nice change of pace to be able to actually live when fighting reflect mobs instead of 2 shotting myself.

Does anyone look for Gold Find on their gear when upgrading? Thinking of doing that and seeing how it pans out. I'm just sleepwalking through MP0 and my gear can easily clear MP3 (highest I've tried). I've got 25 yards of pickup radius and was thinking that I might as well maximize that as I'm grabbing orbs as fast as they drop to boost my dps from 85k to 164k.

I never really played much WD before now but I've been having a blast playing one in HC. Currently have a whopping +32 yards to pickup radius, although I'm only lvl 46 so it's easier to include that stuff on low lvl gear.

I've been pleasantly surprised that some of the skills actually get better with pickup radius - it's that kind of design that is lacking in most other areas of the game.

I never really played much WD before now but I've been having a blast playing one in HC. Currently have a whopping +32 yards to pickup radius, although I'm only lvl 46 so it's easier to include that stuff on low lvl gear.

I've been pleasantly surprised that some of the skills actually get better with pickup radius - it's that kind of design that is lacking in most other areas of the game.

I've been so specific on gear, i havent had a chance to get pickup radius. I've been at 0 for a very long time. I wonder how much gold I've passed by, it's probably in the millions by now.

What would compel me to get it is if pickup radius also picked up stacked items: gems, tombs, and potions. I find it very stupid that I have to click to pick up those things, so I skip on those as well.

I've been so specific on gear, i havent had a chance to get pickup radius. I've been at 0 for a very long time. I wonder how much gold I've passed by, it's probably in the millions by now.

What would compel me to get it is if pickup radius also picked up stacked items: gems, tombs, and potions. I find it very stupid that I have to click to pick up those things, so I skip on those as well.

That's what I was thinking today as I played. Why doesn't it pick up those items that you just listed? Maybe someone should suggest it to them on their forums.

The gold pickup is a nice bonus, but the real benefit is the boost it provides to the Circle of Life and Gruesome Feast passives. I'm thinking I will be taking the Grave Injustice passive at lvl 50 as well, which also becomes more effective with increased pickup radius.

It's a fun playing style...hopefully it holds up in Hell/Inferno.

The gold pickup is a nice bonus, but the real benefit is the boost it provides to the Circle of Life and Gruesome Feast passives. I'm thinking I will be taking the Grave Injustice passive at lvl 50 as well, which also becomes more effective with increased pickup radius.

It's a fun playing style...hopefully it holds up in Hell/Inferno.

It does hold up quite well in Inferno. I only had problems killing Diablo in MP3 because my latency to the servers is crap thus I have to eat damage from Diablo that I should be able to avoid. And Diablo doesn't like to stay still so Grasp of the Dead doesn't really work. I swap specs for Diablo and melt him faster than a candle. Every other boss, elite pack, mechanic in the game is easy mode with that spec. Diablo would be for also if I wasn't so laggy.

I still waste so much time with this game, but those gold selling spammer invites every day are annoying.

I still waste so much time with this game, but those gold selling spammer invites every day are annoying.

I just turn off chat channels.

19 levels til paragon 100. Gah, will this ever end? I hope to be 90 by next weekend. I only have a few weeks left of my free time til grad school starts. I want to be 100 before then. lol:p

This thing free to play yet? I want to know whether it's as bad as it's supposed to be.

Well I finally broke my 300k self-buffed goal. The only upgrade I intend to make for my farming set is a new vile ward. That will put me up to 3k int, and over 310k dps. After that I'm buying a side grade (actually downgrade to start cheap) set for CM farming, I only need 3 pieces: 1h, offhand, and storm crow.

My Stats:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/deliverer-1886/Catastrophe/3900763
http://d3up.com/b/164786
I did some MP3-4 calculations for exp/hr (5 runs each). From what it looks like, MP3 is my optimal. MP2 might be, but I'm not sure if I can edge out any more time from less MP, run speed is my bottleneck. I'll have to do more testing. I've also cut down on time by picking up only items that may be worth alot

Items to pick up:
Legendaries, rings, amulets, gloves, bracers, helmets, chest, legs, 1h melee weapons. (Should I be picking up anything else?)

Farming Path:
Core
Tower 1
Crater 2
Keep 2
Skip crossing because monsters are concentrated, but each concentration is too far apart, so my run speed really holds me back here in finding the packs.

MP4:
Exp earned range: 6024145-7959028
Run time Range: 9.25-12 Minutes (rounded to quarter minute)
Exp/Hr range (indiviual runs run): 35955117-42069910
Total EXP/HR across all 5: 39,718,399

MP3:
Exp earned range: 5288826-7403168
Run time Range: 7.5-9.25 minutes (rounded to quarter minute)
Exp/Hr range (indiviual runs): 42310608-49354453
Total EXP/HR across all 5: 44,650,836

So it seems bumping down an MP nets me 5 mil/hr more experience. After my exam, I might do an item drop calculation, so I can find best place to drop items per hour (which in turn should lead to best legendary/hour).

I'm on 30mb down / 5mb up Time Warner Cable internet and I'm getting lag killed so much it's almost unplayable solo and completely unplayable in groups. Is there a trick to getting a better connection to the servers? I believe it's my connection to their servers so let me explain what's happening even though I have 106ms ping according to the D3 client.

I average 163 fps in the game. When I pull large packs solo it can drop to 140 or so, but never much lower than that. But on my screen it's like I'm at 1 fps. It's worse in a group as everyone just skips along instead of walking; like they are taking 1/2 steps. This is before we pull anything.

So then we pull a some stuff and I'm looking at 1 fps but FRAPS says I'm at 160 fps. If I stand still and dps everything is fine. It is as smooth as butter. The moment I have to move from Mortar, etc the game starts stuttering horribly and it feels like 1 fps even though FRAPS still says 140 fps or more. If I try to run out of the mortar I start taking 1/2 steps and getting warped back into place. Then I die, get rezzed, repeat same death, endless loop.

So what do I need to do to make the game playable? It's been this way since launch for me but I've ignored it to this point. Yesterday it got so bad I just rage quit. When I played WoW I had the same problem until I switched to an east coast server. Is there a way to get an east coast server in D3? Or am I just screwed?

No such problem in the other 700 or so games installed on my PC. The closest thing to this would be BF3, but when it happens everyone on the server starts complaining that the server is lagging and they can't move. I can even play on European servers in other games and not lag.

Aion switched their server farm to some company in Texas and I quit because I had 500ms there. Wouldn't be surprised if the D3 servers were in Texas also. :)

I'm on 30mb down / 5mb up Time Warner Cable internet and I'm getting lag killed so much it's almost unplayable solo and completely unplayable in groups. Is there a trick to getting a better connection to the servers? I believe it's my connection to their servers so let me explain what's happening even though I have 106ms ping according to the D3 client.

I average 163 fps in the game. When I pull large packs solo it can drop to 140 or so, but never much lower than that. But on my screen it's like I'm at 1 fps. It's worse in a group as everyone just skips along instead of walking; like they are taking 1/2 steps. This is before we pull anything.

So then we pull a some stuff and I'm looking at 1 fps but FRAPS says I'm at 160 fps. If I stand still and dps everything is fine. It is as smooth as butter. The moment I have to move from Mortar, etc the game starts stuttering horribly and it feels like 1 fps even though FRAPS still says 140 fps or more. If I try to run out of the mortar I start taking 1/2 steps and getting warped back into place. Then I die, get rezzed, repeat same death, endless loop.

So what do I need to do to make the game playable? It's been this way since launch for me but I've ignored it to this point. Yesterday it got so bad I just rage quit. When I played WoW I had the same problem until I switched to an east coast server. Is there a way to get an east coast server in D3? Or am I just screwed?

No such problem in the other 700 or so games installed on my PC. The closest thing to this would be BF3, but when it happens everyone on the server starts complaining that the server is lagging and they can't move. I can even play on European servers in other games and not lag.

Aion switched their server farm to some company in Texas and I quit because I had 500ms there. Wouldn't be surprised if the D3 servers were in Texas also. :)

First thing to try is to delete(or move for backup) your D3Prefs.txt file in your documents/Diablo 3 folder and see if that is sufficient.

You could also try the same latency fix for wow. I installed it for WoW when I played Cataclysm, so it was already setup for me when I launched D3.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=13581&so=newest&page=1

How It Works

Online games generally use the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgements together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgement in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgement timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgement bundling process so that an acknowledgement is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in online games the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.

Typical Scenario

If you could listen to a conversation between your computer and the game server, this is what you would hear.

Before Leatrix Latency Fix is installed:

Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over to you, got it?"
Your computer: ...
Server: "Come on, answer me! I don't have all day! Stop wasting time!"
Your computer: ...
Server: "Ok, forget it, I've waited long enough, sending another one over! Got it?"
Your computer: "Yep, got that one, also got the one you sent before, thanks."
Server: "Well, why didn't you acknowledge the first one when I sent it? I was waiting ages!"
Your computer: "Sorry, I'm just trying to make the network more efficient by bundling the acknowledgements together in pairs. This is how I'm setup by default."

After Leatrix Latency Fix is installed:

Server: "Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over, got it?"
Your computer: "Yep, send the next!"
Server: "That was fast! Ok, here's another, got that?"
Your computer: "Yep, send the next!"
Server: "Wow! What an improvement! Now that's more like it!"
Your computer: "Yep, it's certainly keeping me on my toes, thanks!"

so droprates are incredible now. in the last week alone i found a decent skorn, decent IK belt and a ballin' trifecta amulet with added 100 STR/VIT. amulet alone went for 140M after tax. as a result i went shopping for my WW barb and my DPS went from 23k (been playing since day one, i am at paragon 24 now...go figure) to ~70k unbuffed.

so droprates are incredible now. in the last week alone i found a decent skorn, decent IK belt and a ballin' trifecta amulet with added 100 STR/VIT. amulet alone went for 140M after tax. as a result i went shopping for my WW barb and my DPS went from 23k (been playing since day one, i am at paragon 24 now...go figure) to ~70k unbuffed.

RNG is RNG.

Haven't found crap worth selling in weeks.

Read this and decided to fire up diablo once again after a few months. Didnt find anything once again after playing for 2 hours or so in inferno act1. Thought it was worth a try. My luck just sucks.I dont want to spend more time on this game, but good to know is "getting better".

Back