Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I don't have Diablo ]l[ yet, just picked up Torchlight 2 last month, really enjoying TL2 a lot, really fun game.

Thinking of maybe getting D3 later this month. How would you compare the two games ? Is D3 as fun and cool ?

I don't have Diablo ]l[ yet, just picked up Torchlight 2 last month, really enjoying TL2 a lot, really fun game.

Thinking of maybe getting D3 later this month. How would you compare the two games ? Is D3 as fun and cool ?

I wouldn't compare the games. Similar on the surface but substantially different at its core.

If you can branch out from a diablo 2 clone this game is great. More of a action treasure hunt type game.

TL2 is fun and cool, with great loot and mechanics.

D3 is polished, but boring as fuck after you beat it once. Unless you find Korean MMO's fun, you probably won't find D3 fun.

I like it for a quick run and blowing shit up, but there is no reward. As pointed out in this thread, you have to spend almost an entire work week on this game to get a "chance" of a decent item.

Diablo 3 is a giant slot machine. But heck, isn't that RNG amounts to?

I've taken to farming paragon levels over all else for the time being. I am a little confused by the wording of the Alkaizer run's instructions, specifically the first part about the Core of Arreat and working backwards towards the waypoint after reaching (but not entering) the Azmodan fight. Will probably watch a quick YouTube video of the run in action unless someone else knows what I'm spouting off about.

I spent ages with my party of friends trying to get us strong enough to fight ubers on a decent MP level by ourselves. In the end, I farmed out the whole Hellfire Ring experience to a couple of much more powerfully geared players. I am now several million gold poorer (but what's that worth, given the prevailing exchange rate anyhow?) but I have two Hellfire Rings to show for it. With follower and a five stack of NV, I am pushing 150% bonus experience during my MP1 paragon farming runs.

I've had multiple garbage legendary drops as of late. Just got to keep on grinding when I have the time for it.

I've completely ditched D3 since getting TL2. D3 is pretty cool for the story but once you're done it just turns into a loot grind. And I put a very big emphasis on GRIND.

TL2's loot system is much more satisfying. I prefer the classic character/skill development in TL2 also.

Last edited:
I am a little confused by the wording of the Alkaizer run's instructions, specifically the first part about the Core of Arreat and working backwards towards the waypoint after reaching (but not entering) the Azmodan fight.

The first time you do Alkaizer's route, because that's all it is really, you start the game with the last quest enabled to kill Azmodan. You take the waypoint to Core of Arreat and then clear that small, linear map until you get in front of Azmodan's boss portal. When you move in front of his boss portal, you are granted a checkpoint. At this point, you teleport out and do the other areas in Alkaizer's route (Tower of the Damned level 1 to Crater level 2, to Korsikk, to Keeps 2). Then you either exit the game or port to town to vendor/repair.

Now you click "resume game." Because you got the check point in front of Azmodan's lair, you will instantly start the game in front of his lair. That's what is meant by working backwards. Because you start in front of his lair, you clear the Core of Arreat backwards until you get to the waypoint, at which point you use the waypoint to go to Tower of the Damned level 1.

This is also why you do a circle clear in either direction on Damn level 1. You start and finish at the waypoint from which you port to Korsikk.

It is the reason that I do modified Alkaizer runs. Alkaizer only cleared the Fields of Slaughter. I clear the Fields of Slaughter and Rakkis Crossing...because I end up at another waypoint from which I port to Keeps 1 and enter 2.

I just learned how bad my rings are, I probably should've been upgrading them first in the 10-20m range before aiming for my ammy. At least this makes those upgrades seem very worthwhile for cheap :)

I upgraded my Litany of the Undead ring for 3 mil, netted me 8k dps upgrade. For only like 100 armor loss. Next I can upgrade my vile ward (200int) to some 270+ int one (lost 40vit to keep it chip) for maybe 10 mil, which nets another 7k upgrade. After that, I haven't decided for zuni pox ring (+130 int for set) or wailing host ring. I'm leaning towards wailing host if I can find a good upgrade for cheap (5-10mil). They're not very much sought after, so they're easier to snipe. I window shopped and saw one that gave me another 7k dps over my other rare ring, and gives me 15% MF set to lower my overall Plvl goal.

On the other hand, going for a good crit/critd pox could net me another 15-20k upgrade, but will cost as much as my ammy, and I'd have to save up for awhile.

Diablo 3 should not of even been sold yet it's still alpha or beta stage game sucks and ripped off people they don't even have the pvp system incorporated yet what a joke blizzard has become and well has been for awhile.

Finally installed, both Torchlight 2 full game, and Diablo ]l[ free demo this weekend.

At first was like, meh, I am done with these old school outdated click fests. I was a big Diablo 2 player, my Brothers and I would be up to 3:00am weekends playing all night. But 10 years later, this genre seemed old, no camera movement, no control of your character with movement keys. I felt handcuffed in the way the game was controlled.

But I gave it another shot, And holy shit, I am ADDICTED again, and LOVE Torchlight 2. I think I just needed to chill out, relax, and take it for what these Action RPG's are, just good fun times, it's not EverQuest, it's a silly hack and slasher.

Diablo ]l[ compared to Torchlight 2, D3 just felt ok, not mind blowingly better, actually not better at all compared to TL2. Graphics wise D3 is slightly better, with sharper and more detailed with higher res, but TL2 seems to be more colorful and vibrant. I liked the outdoor environments better in TL2, but it is lower res.

As far as action itself, just running around blasting enemies with fireballs, and gearing up with new loot, that goes hands down to TL2, in my opinion.

If blizzard had a brain cell they would of just remade diablo 2 with better graphics and sound and added expansion pack instead of haveing bliz south develop the trash game called diablo 3 that blizz north says is a joke from the same company. Fact is blizzard is a joke nowdays heck they should hire John Carmack to lead the new development since he sucks now days too he should do just fine with blizzard since they make trash as he does also now.

Nice trolling. So did you make an account to strictly troll with or was it to butcher the English language?

If blizzard had a brain cell they would of just remade diablo 2 with better graphics and sound and added expansion pack instead of haveing bliz south develop the trash game called diablo 3 that blizz north says is a joke from the same company. Fact is blizzard is a joke nowdays heck they should hire John Carmack to lead the new development since he sucks now days too he should do just fine with blizzard since they make trash as he does also now.

Whoa, take a breath. :rolleyes:

Is he trolling? Maybe, he made an account because he feels so passionate about this game being a piece of shit. I know I do.;)

Diablo 2 fans look here: www.pathofexile.com

Ha ha I got my signed Chris Wilson letter, dvd, soundtrack, and map the other day from GGG. Love PoE, but at the same time D3 is finally turning the corner and becoming fun. Well it's either a job or fun; take your pick as 99.9% of my grinding in D3 is to feed the AH still. But it has gotten a lot better since launch.

I'm just glad I can play D3, TL2, and PoE any day of the week. Really nice to be able to switch atmosphere at any time and still have fun. Having choices is great!

Diablo 3 should not of even been sold yet it's still alpha or beta stage game sucks and ripped off people they don't even have the pvp system incorporated yet what a joke blizzard has become and well has been for awhile.

I really dont understand how they are going to make pvp even remotely balanced, so im not looking forward to that. if you want to pvp why not play world of warcraft, they have builds, gear, and a nice ladder ranking system.

I remember pvp in diablo 2 was completely retarded, wizards and amazons would kill you from off the screen before you could even see them. Im expecting it to be the same in D3.

I really dont understand how they are going to make pvp even remotely balanced, so im not looking forward to that. if you want to pvp why not play world of warcraft, they have builds, gear, and a nice ladder ranking system.

I remember pvp in diablo 2 was completely retarded, wizards and amazons would kill you from off the screen before you could even see them. Im expecting it to be the same in D3.

common, you know the answer.

Nerf few spells that can 2 shot you.
Make OP class.
Make FOTM class that can counter OP class.
Rotate FOTM class.

I was feeling all good sitting on 130 million gold.....now I am broke again.

Xephirian.png

But with the extra crit from the Amulet I can now switch from Tempest Rush + Wave of Light too This....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pVrEbME9s&feature=youtu.be

MOVEMENT SPEED.

....I'm glad someone made a video of the build because it rocks.

Last edited:
I just feel like you lose too much. What you lose with that you could gain in DPS with a more traditional spec and come out just the same, and be able to handle a lot more at the same time

Just imo. Whatever works really

I just feel like you lose too much. What you lose with that you could gain in DPS with a more traditional spec and come out just the same, and be able to handle a lot more at the same time

Just imo. Whatever works really

For cost you are completely right....I mean I just spent 120 million on that Amulet and for same cost I could get 15k+ more DPS. If your only going to build 1 character that needs to do everything this build won't really work.....its only good for farming MP0.

But I have a High DPS Uber killing Wizard, A WW barb for getting Keys, and a turbo monk for slamming MP0....I mean surpassing 80 Million EXP per hour on a monk is pretty hard to do.

For cost you are completely right....I mean I just spent 120 million on that Amulet and for same cost I could get 15k+ more DPS. If your only going to build 1 character that needs to do everything this build won't really work.....its only good for farming MP0.

But I have a High DPS Uber killing Wizard, A WW barb for getting Keys, and a turbo monk for slamming MP0....I mean surpassing 80 Million EXP per hour on a monk is pretty hard to do.

F*** me sideways, I was happy to start breaking 40mil exp/hr on my Wiz, which is still less than alk's ww strat pre 1.05.

My consolation is that I get to see big numbers on my screen. I hope to break 300k self buffed dps in a week or two.

Whelp... I have had exaclty TWO legendaries drop since 1.05 and they have both been shit. Can't for the life of me firgure out why I can't get anything to drop.

Also, I loath for an endless dungeon challenge in this game... they could do a leader board and everything.

F*** me sideways, I was happy to start breaking 40mil exp/hr on my Wiz, which is still less than alk's ww strat pre 1.05.

My consolation is that I get to see big numbers on my screen. I hope to break 300k self buffed dps in a week or two.

I know. My wizard is level 54 right now....and leveling him is so freaking slow to the point I just stopped and moved on to my Barb and Monk.....I just wish teleport was better.

Whelp... I have had exaclty TWO legendaries drop since 1.05 and they have both been shit. Can't for the life of me firgure out why I can't get anything to drop.

Also, I loath for an endless dungeon challenge in this game... they could do a leader board and everything.

I doubt they have the man power or financial resources to do this....I mean they haven't even finished PVP yet.

But a endless Dungeon would be amazing.

Endless dungeon would be a $40 expansion imo. I agree they are moving really slow with this game. Didn't they say no pvp gear not long ago? That should have been announced at launch.

Only people who are addicted to this game still play it.

Is that the same with any game? You just described the core of any Diablo type game, or WoW for that matter.

Endless dungeon would be a $40 expansion imo. I agree they are moving really slow with this game. Didn't they say no pvp gear not long ago? That should have been announced at launch.

That would be fine. I invision something like when you activate a boss, everyone has to agree and when the team wipes the run is over. Progressibly harder and more rewarding as you get deeper into it.

I doubt they have the man power or financial resources to do this....I mean they haven't even finished PVP yet.

But a endless Dungeon would be amazing.

hey now.. this IS blizz we're talking about... they have more money than god, and could do anything if they wanted to.

I think with this economy Blizzard is being smart and sitting on their cash reserves like Nintendo does.

hey now.. this IS blizz we're talking about... they have more money than god, and could do anything if they wanted to.

No because the Execs need their bonuses and the shareholders need their dividends, thus can't afford to spend or hire needlessly. Just because blizzard makes buckets of gold doesn't mean they are allowed to allocate that into making a more quality product.

I mean Diablo 3 "could have" been a thousand times better if the revenues of blizzard were distributed throughout the company via hiring more people....but we know all the top have got to feed their family....of Ferrari's.

Only people who are addicted to this game still play it.

Holy fuck this dude is on to something....and all this time I thought I was playing because its fun and my friends play it....But really I just need it or I'll start going to through fits of withdraw.

No because the Execs need their bonuses and the shareholders need their dividends, thus can't afford to spend or hire needlessly. Just because blizzard makes buckets of gold doesn't mean they are allowed to allocate that into making a more quality product.

I mean Diablo 3 "could have" been a thousand times better if the revenues of blizzard were distributed throughout the company via hiring more people....but we know all the top have got to feed their family....of Ferrari's.

Love it. Well said =P

Except for, of course, have a reasonable release date for anything :)

Endless dungeons would be awesome, except no leader boards. That would have the masses in uproar about the RMAH again.

What would be fun would be to introduce a more hardcore risk to it, even for softcore players. The further you descend, the harder the mobs become, but the greater the potential reward. Very similar to monster power. The catch is containing each run into a session. You have milestones (maybe every 5 levels) with an option to leave and keep everything. If you continue you on and die, everything from that session is lost: gold, exp, and drops.

Just curious, but does anyone run D3 on Windows 8 Pro? If so, how does it run?

I upgraded to W8Pro from W7 , and for some reason im getting some weird stutter when a lot of mobs are on screen and a lot of effects are going on.

Never had that issue on 7, but i'll live with it. It's not too terrible

Last edited:
Gah. I guess I'll take the plunge and see how it performs over the weekend. If it sucks I'll switch back to w7.

If all goes well I'll win a vile ward that boosts my dps by 8k over my current vile ward at a loss of like 2k hp.

That totals to 23 mil total for 2 rings and a shoulder upgrade that gets me about a 19k dps upgrade in the past week. The only thing I could look at a decent upgrade for 10-20mil is my rare bracers (6crit,67int, and good defensive stats). I'm aiming for a 10-11k upgrade to finally bring me to that 300k dps goal

Hi,

is this Ring worth anything?

- Attack Speed Increase 7%
- Critical Hit Damage 34%
- Critical Hit Chance Increased 5%
- 12% Find Chance Find Magical
- +50 Lighting Resistance
- Health Globes and Potions +1636 Life

In AH I see some crazy gold bids.... all my gold is 10 millions... :-(.... (maybe this is my lucky item)
Thank you.....

Back