Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

lol its funny played at MP1 festering woods to try a new weapon and after third monster kill the ik belt for barb drops how cool is that and ive never gotten a legendary or set from elite or whatever, always regular monsters...

This happened to me about 2 months ago. Accidentally quipped some boots I found when identifying, then vendored my inventory. Didn't realize until several days later. They were only 5 million or so, 30 million would sting even worse. Needless to say, I'm more careful about such things now. They should give you an option to "lock" your equipped items so you get a confirmation message anytime you want to equip, like you said an easy fix they aren't smart enough to implement

Its hardly b/c they're not "smart" enough to implement something like this, its more likely that its not even on their radar. Simply b/c while I can imagine that this sort of thing really sucks, people that accidentally vendor their gear are most likely in the minority. We already get a confirmation to proceed with salvage. If they added extra features to lock your gear in, it would probably irritate more than it would satisfy the player base.

God fucking damnit. I'm so pissed. I accidentally sold my hat and didn't realize it until I left the game. Now I'm fucked, and they won't even let you submit a ticket for that issue. Grats 30m hat down the shitter for a customer service issue that would take 2 minutes to fix and they just flat out won't even look at it. Bullshit. I've had stuff in other games where I sold the item years ago and customer service would dig the logs and find it and give it back, yet I can't submit a ticket to get something back I fucked up 30 seconds ago?

Need someone to hold your hand?

Geeze...it is your fault. To be honest, I have done it too. I don't even know how but I sold a legendary in my inventory and forgot about it also until I left the game. It was worth about 10-15m...Guess what? Submittting a ticket didn't even cross my mind...I was mad at myself. I don't get mad at the developers for my stupidity.

Same kind of person that blames guns for killing people?

Need someone to hold your hand?

Geeze...it is your fault. To be honest, I have done it too. I don't even know how but I sold a legendary in my inventory and forgot about it also until I left the game. It was worth about 10-15m...Guess what? Submittting a ticket didn't even cross my mind...I was mad at myself. I don't get mad at the developers for my stupidity.

Same kind of person that blames guns for killing people?

Not to mention accepting tickets for an issue like that would open up a gigantic can of worms - they'd be doing nothing but handling idiotic "please get my item back" requests 24/7 and every other aspect of customer service would suffer.

God fucking damnit. I'm so pissed. I accidentally sold my hat and didn't realize it until I left the game. Now I'm fucked, and they won't even let you submit a ticket for that issue. Grats 30m hat down the shitter for a customer service issue that would take 2 minutes to fix and they just flat out won't even look at it. Bullshit. I've had stuff in other games where I sold the item years ago and customer service would dig the logs and find it and give it back, yet I can't submit a ticket to get something back I fucked up 30 seconds ago?

So you Sold your hat, logged off, tired to contact Bliz CS, then jump on this forum and make this post about the hat you lost, and all of this happened in half a minute. Dam you do things beyond fast:eek:

haha couldn't help my self, had to say something;)

Not to mention accepting tickets for an issue like that would open up a gigantic can of worms - they'd be doing nothing but handling idiotic "please get my item back" requests 24/7 and every other aspect of customer service would suffer.

They've been doing that on WOW for years. Wouldn't be anything new and considering Diablo has less than half the population that WOW does it wouldn't be hard.

They've been doing that on WOW for years. Wouldn't be anything new and considering Diablo has less than half the population that WOW does it wouldn't be hard.

true, They gave me back my pally, 2 years after i deleted him, yes 2 years lol

true, They gave me back my pally, 2 years after i deleted him, yes 2 years lol

But do they do that for each little item you accidentally destroy or sell to a vendor? Sounds more like a rollback scenario in your case. There's also the subscription issue too, since they'd likely have more motivation to help out customers that are continuously paying for a service.

Last edited:
I think many of us have sold something we didn't mean too. I do it quite often because I have just so much gear that I swap around with. If they allow roll backs because of this time of thing they'd need an extra 5 people at least to cover the demand for this service.

I have made about 7 Hell fire rings. All suck. My last one was an int ring that rolled. Str, Dex, 8 minimum damage, Thorns, and gold find.

One of the guys I play with's first ring rolled attack speed, crit damage, and life on hit for his monk.

The sad part about this is.....It just makes me want to play the game more to get more rings.....Like playing the lottery but instead of dollars in pay with time which in turn is dollars.

Rofl. I just found a Windforce. This should make for interesting DH builds since it has 42% knockback on hit.

Has anyone else noticed item sales on the RMAH aren't paying out correctly? 3 items I sold yesterday all show the sale price $0.60 lower then what it was, and the transfer fee is off as well. 2 items listed for $12.50 each gave me $8.80, and a $4 list gave me $1.80

And about the hat, like others have said, it isn't something that isn't done in other games. Sure, it is my fault. I blatantly said that, I fucked up. If you could still buy back after going back in to game I'd have bought my hat back. It's really frustrating knowing you've got stuff back after years in other games and can't get something back that just happen. I really doubt this would add almost anything at all the customer service queue, because I doubt it happens that often.

It's like buying things online. I buy things from Amazon because their customer service is the least hassle no questions asked I've ever dealt with. I can't say the same for places like New Egg and Tiger Direct. So I buy from Amazon. Why shouldn't Blizzard work customer service issues that are so quick and easy? Because it really is a 2 minute fix for a customer service person, half of them who probably aren't doing a whole lot anyways.

Still haven't had the organ from Leoric/Maghda drop yet and I've beaten them six times, including solo in coop (wooo that was exciting!) all but once with 5 stacks NV and mp3 or higher. I've yet to face Ghom/Rak, which is weird. Need multiple infernal machines to open all the portals, I suppose

Wizard is no more expensive than other classes really.

Instead of spending 600k on 2 items you should of spent 600k on 1 item.

You really want to buy the absolute best piece of gear you can afford. This way it will last you longer before you have to upgrade and your less likely to find something on the floor that is better.

the only real way to get large amounts of gold is to sell the items you find or bought or spend cash.

I think my next upgrade is about 150 million for new gloves.

If you're playing a lot and not getting any good items that's one thing, but also not getting much gold is quite another. Even in just a few play sessions of picking up piles and selling blues you should be able to get more than 400K, unless you're dying a lot? If that's the case then perhaps you need to take a page out of the D2 playbook and roll a character that is better at farming and cheaper to gear than your Wizard: a Barb (although the 25% damage reduction today should make it more tolerable for all classes).

Here's a related topic for you from the official forums with some decent advice: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934195771

I appreciate the help. Turns out, the nerf to damage which was implemented yesterday helped out my gold farm A LOT. Made about 400k last night. Pretty sweet.

I was complaining to my monk buddy about the lack of epics, and so he took me on his "legendary farming run," which consisted of basement-type areas in act 3 (don't know the names of shit). Huge mob density, and lots of elites. I don't know if it was just my time or if there is indeed some trick to these areas he farms legendaries for, but i finally got mine. (The DH in our group also got one).

They were decent Int, Vit, Crit, MF, GF, and life regen. Not a bad roll, and totally for my wizard. I lost .5 crit and 40 All res. To make up for it i grabbed new shoulders off the AH.

Sitting at 41% to crit now... CM builds are finally becoming sexy. I almost can't cast meteor fast enough before my Arcane globe fills back up! Within the last week I've gone from 28k dps to 41k dps. Thanks to some gear from my friends, a couple purchases, and now this Legendary drop. Also still at about 200 MF.

Needless to say, after finally having seen the sexy orange color on the ground, i really want to keep farming now!

THANK YOU BLIZZARD GODS!!!!!!!111one

Still haven't had the organ from Leoric/Maghda drop yet and I've beaten them six times, including solo in coop (wooo that was exciting!) all but once with 5 stacks NV and mp3 or higher. I've yet to face Ghom/Rak, which is weird. Need multiple infernal machines to open all the portals, I suppose

The best way to farm keys/organs is a group of 4, and then when between the 4 of you you have 3 devices do them all in the same game. It makes it a little easier and takes out a lot of rng of the key portion at least.

I appreciate the help. Turns out, the nerf to damage which was implemented yesterday helped out my gold farm A LOT. Made about 400k last night. Pretty sweet.

I was complaining to my monk buddy about the lack of epics, and so he took me on his "legendary farming run," which consisted of basement-type areas in act 3 (don't know the names of shit). Huge mob density, and lots of elites. I don't know if it was just my time or if there is indeed some trick to these areas he farms legendaries for, but i finally got mine. (The DH in our group also got one).

They were decent Int, Vit, Crit, MF, GF, and life regen. Not a bad roll, and totally for my wizard. I lost .5 crit and 40 All res. To make up for it i grabbed new shoulders off the AH.

Well what was the legendary???

Sitting at 41% to crit now... CM builds are finally becoming sexy. I almost can't cast meteor fast enough before my Arcane globe fills back up! Within the last week I've gone from 28k dps to 41k dps. Thanks to some gear from my friends, a couple purchases, and now this Legendary drop. Also still at about 200 MF.

Did you (or anyone else) notice that after the hotfix yesterday, crits seem to proc CM and even +AP on crit much, much more? I'm running frost nova, stationary WW and healing blades as my damage dealers. I'm at 52% crit, which hasn't changed in weeks, but after today's hotfix in large packs of mobs I can literally hold down mouse2 and cast whirlwinds indefinitely with larger packs (5+), with my AP almost not moving from full. My nova and diamond skin also reset much, much faster than they have previously it seems.

This is all anecdotal, but it was repeated over a few runs (Act1, mp3) last night, and was a totally different feeling than the build has ever had up until now.

Also, to any other wizards running a similar build, I'd be interested what you think about attack speed. Since casting the WW as quickly as possible and then hitting them with as many spectral blades as possible (also procc'ing CM much more), it would seem IAS is a higher priority once you hit a certain crit chance %. I'm hoping I win out on an INT/VIT andy's helm to test this out; losing 1.5% crit chance, but gaining 9% IAS I believe. Also, with a LOH weapon, you're gaining more life more quickly, which crit chance doesn't factor into.

The best way to farm keys/organs is a group of 4, and then when between the 4 of you you have 3 devices do them all in the same game. It makes it a little easier and takes out a lot of rng of the key portion at least.

Yeah, I was thinking that last night while in bed, thinking about Hellfire rings and stuff. Lol :p

Definitely will be searching for a group today

But do they do that for each little item you accidentally destroy or sell to a vendor? Sounds more like a rollback scenario in your case. There's also the subscription issue too, since they'd likely have more motivation to help out customers that are continuously paying for a service.

From what I have learned Blizzard logs EVERYTHING you do, every stat you change, every copper you trade and every mob you click. They have alot of software to sort through the logs to pull out only what they need. Although some GM's can be nicer than others, majority of them will are nice enough to give you back an accidentally vendored Legendary or something. I've had it happen to plenty of guild mates. Then again Diablo does have a different staff of people.

Did you (or anyone else) notice that after the hotfix yesterday, crits seem to proc CM and even +AP on crit much, much more? I'm running frost nova, stationary WW and healing blades as my damage dealers. I'm at 52% crit, which hasn't changed in weeks, but after today's hotfix in large packs of mobs I can literally hold down mouse2 and cast whirlwinds indefinitely with larger packs (5+), with my AP almost not moving from full. My nova and diamond skin also reset much, much faster than they have previously it seems.

This is all anecdotal, but it was repeated over a few runs (Act1, mp3) last night, and was a totally different feeling than the build has ever had up until now.

Also, to any other wizards running a similar build, I'd be interested what you think about attack speed. Since casting the WW as quickly as possible and then hitting them with as many spectral blades as possible (also procc'ing CM much more), it would seem IAS is a higher priority once you hit a certain crit chance %. I'm hoping I win out on an INT/VIT andy's helm to test this out; losing 1.5% crit chance, but gaining 9% IAS I believe. Also, with a LOH weapon, you're gaining more life more quickly, which crit chance doesn't factor into.

Hmm.. I feel intrigued to jump on my wiz again. She's been getting no love lately. Thanks for the info.

Well what was the legendary???

It was the Promise of Glory. From the looks of it, i got pretty lucky with the rolls. Would have much rather had all resist vs life regen, but hey--that's better than a lot of other shit which could have been on there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/promise-of-glory

Oh i definitely noticed a difference, which I was attributing to my few gear upgrades... but it did feel so much better i was skeptical that gaining ~6 crit could have such a huge difference.

I hope it's not a bug! :(

Oh i definitely noticed a difference, which I was attributing to my few gear upgrades... but it did feel so much better i was skeptical that gaining ~6 crit could have such a huge difference.

I hope it's not a bug! :(

Glad I'm not the only one feeling it; hope it isn't a bug too. It isn't really too OP at this point, as the WW really does jack-all damage. I'm wondering if it's capped at a certain number of them doing damage at any given time?

Does anyone know of any good sites doing theory-crafting for D3, like tankspot for WOW? Now that I'm looking at 10M-30M for any upgrade, I'd really like to fully understand what's going on with different skills and item attributes. Sitting at 80k DPS with glass cannon right now, feeling pretty good. Definitely having much more fun with the increased drop rates and MP system; playing the game and actually getting gear is much more fun. :p

SSSSsssshhhhhhh Keep it down. I'm positive this is a bug or mistake of some sort and I love it.....If its not a bug I'll happy as can be.

the difference is massive.

I normally use living lightning to pump up Akon mode.....but now spectral blade does it just fine with much better damage.,,,Doesn't hurt that my off hand does an extra 13% damage.

So I mucked around a bit with the Windforce I found earlier today. I put it on my scoundrel. Man, it's fun times when he just keeps bouncing elites backwards. The Windforce has 42% chance to knockback on hit. In 1.0.5 I swapped back to the paladin after they nerfed the armor buff from the sorc hireling. But, I'm thinking I like the scoundrel more now coupled with the knockback from the Windforce.

Well, well, what do we have here? 2 legendary drops from a treasure goblin with no NV stacks. First one he dropped at ~50% health, and the second on kill. Funny thing was that I didn't even mean to attack it before it was too late - I usually save them for after I get my 5-stack.

4895dc7180c838101c36e2f370b506de.png

Of course they were both crap (shitty Firewalkers and a 2-socket Inquisitor), but nevertheless, felt pretty good!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, just a few hours later:

cf811feacd6dc77e788ec8b7f86d3862.PNG

This game is sooooooooooooooooooooo much more fun when good stuff is dropping.

This game is sooooooooooooooooooooo much more fun when good stuff is dropping.

I concur!!! Have had 2 legendary and 1 set drop since 1.0.5, both legendaries weren't good, but the IK boot set drop was awesome....

It's just nice to 'see' them drop, even if they aren't that great.. IMHO...

-SR

Just last evening, I got :

Stormshield
Frostburns
Bul-Kathos ' Tribal Guardian

Basically a legendary item per game ! I got at least one each evening since 1.0.5, all with 243% MF with full NV stack and paragon level 18.

Chantodo's doesn't make much sense on mine.

I have 259 int and 59 str and yet it says the max int is 200 and it only has 1 random stat so I was assuming my random stat was str but it looks like my random stat was Str and Int.

Or the site is wrong.

Either way that's a good off hand. Pretty close to equal to mine. 10 crit and 8 attack speed vs 9.5 crit and 9 attack speed.

But I use spectral blade all day and my 13% is the bizzle.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

Starting tonight, I'm gonna be playing to try to get in on some of this action. I've got some yellow upgrades for my DH last week, but now I've got my Barb at 60 too. Hopefully some Set and Legendary items drop!

Have you guys seen some of the dps leaders? I saw a wiz with 300k+ dps. He posted a video of him one shot azmodan in 1.0.4 with archon explosion.

I have 259 int and 59 str and yet it says the max int is 200 and it only has 1 random stat so I was assuming my random stat was str but it looks like my random stat was Str and Int.

Or the site is wrong.

Either way that's a good off hand. Pretty close to equal to mine. 10 crit and 8 attack speed vs 9.5 crit and 9 attack speed.

Damn I want your source...! Didn't even realize you could get IAS on a source, guess I'm slow. I was thinking my next huge upgrade was to save up forever for a Witching Hour, but maybe a Chantodo's instead...

Didn't win my Andy's helm, damnit, had to bid on another one. Didn't get to play at all yesterday, GF and I too busy celebrating the SF Giants WS Game 1 win. :D

Have you guys seen any evidence of bots on the AH? On Tuesday when I bought my Tal Rasha's chest armor, there were a few really good ones for slightly sub-market prices (10M for 185INT/200VIT 9% IAS). Both of them, in the last 15 minutes before close, went from 10M to 11.025M, then I was outbid on each of them. It was just odd to see the exact same, slightly unique first bid on both items, made me suspect a bot was trolling the AH to flip items.

Damn I want your source...! Didn't even realize you could get IAS on a source, guess I'm slow. I was thinking my next huge upgrade was to save up forever for a Witching Hour, but maybe a Chantodo's instead...

Didn't win my Andy's helm, damnit, had to bid on another one. Didn't get to play at all yesterday, GF and I too busy celebrating the SF Giants WS Game 1 win. :D

Have you guys seen any evidence of bots on the AH? On Tuesday when I bought my Tal Rasha's chest armor, there were a few really good ones for slightly sub-market prices (10M for 185INT/200VIT 9% IAS). Both of them, in the last 15 minutes before close, went from 10M to 11.025M, then I was outbid on each of them. It was just odd to see the exact same, slightly unique first bid on both items, made me suspect a bot was trolling the AH to flip items.

You can pretty much get anything on a legendary or set item. The problem other than drops is you can't search for those affixes on certain items in the AH...so stupid.

Or the site is wrong.

Site is correct, you just got the STR+INT affix as the one random property. Always gets confusing trying to figure that stuff out with the dual stat affixes. Can't complain with the socket affix that I got on mine though.

Have you guys seen some of the dps leaders? I saw a wiz with 300k+ dps. He posted a video of him one shot azmodan in 1.0.4 with archon explosion.

yeah I saw that pretty sick. I can get 200k with mine.....to add that extra 100k would be like 4,000,000,000 gold.....not exaggerating.

Back