Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

It really seems like the Illusions that the Act 3 dude splits into all do full damage with their AOE slow+dread corpse attacks. It doesn't help that the entire area is covered as well.

Just be glad you aren't running it in HC. You now need to overgear signficantly to the point you can beat the game with ease just so you can make it past the warden. The same goes with the Act 4 warden too, but you can't skip the third warden for the most part.

I just got two sun keepers in a span of about 20 minutes gameplay... wtf?

After hours and hours mired with nothing but absolute garbage the last few days, I finally get something shiny:

15b745d9339338f052e1aee40efc09b9.PNG

Don't think I'll plan on selling it, but what do you guys think I could get for it?

I'd guess anywhere from 50-100m. Maybe a little more but I wouldn't really count on it. Things are generally overpriced right now and not really selling. I just checked gold on the RMAH and it is down to like 40c

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, this drops for me right afterwards:

d2cb846bb863e8eec078abec05f51e1a.PNG

Thank you, oh Blizzard gods, for finally putting out!

Never had an issue and I have like 56k dps buffed, 22k hp, something like 113 loh, and only like 2.8% ls. Only have 456 all resist. Mp 1 is cake. Mp 2 is tolerable, but not my cup of tea. At what mplvl are you playing?

MP3 now, sometimes MP4

After hours and hours mired with nothing but absolute garbage the last few days, I finally get something shiny:

15b745d9339338f052e1aee40efc09b9.PNG

Don't think I'll plan on selling it, but what do you guys think I could get for it?

I would guess more then 100m...but that is just a guess, but I am also comparing to ones with LoH not LaK...put it up for bid, with no buyout :)

Found a couple of upgrades. bumped me from 150k to 190k....170k unbuffed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

I can mow down MP4 with crazy speed only real snag up is the Act 3 keyboss....I hate him so much.

I have made 4 Hell Fire rings and all of them blow. All I want is Crit Chance and Life regen is that so hard.

Interesting choice not to cash in on the Chantobo set bonus. I'm convinced Act 3 Archon MP1/2 with teleport and scramble is the most efficient way for a wizard to farm, but guess this is ideal if you want to do other acts for the keys.

Anybody have any idea what this is worth? I checked the AH for similar stats and the lowest was 20m, so I figured I was doing something wrong.

Rare Source

51-343
+189 Intelligence
+98 Vitality
+14 Maximum Arcane Power
+10% Critical Hit Chance

Thanks for any insight.

I hit paragon 70 tonight.

Made a ton of gold the first week of the patch and bought a few upgrades too. Also found a nice STR Mempo of Twilight in Act 3 today. Got my DPS up to 51.5k unbuffed. Running weapons master now for 60.5k.

Holy shit I've had 4 legendaries today in 4 key runs: Strongarm Bracers, Tzo Krin's Gaze, Heart Slaughter and Inna's Vast Expanse which came off of a white mob I almost just left alone.

Picked up a ring that dropped with the Heart Slaughter with 100 strength, 60 dex, 70 intel, 47 phys, 64 resist all and was able to replace my chest piece with a 3 socket that dropped last night. All of these are dropping when my MF is only 160-180% at one NV stack.

I haven't played in like a month....I used to do act 1 runs over and over and get mostly garbage, but never died. Now, it seems like I die even without monster power turned on. Were Barbs nerfed or monsters buffed or something?

I haven't played in like a month....I used to do act 1 runs over and over and get mostly garbage, but never died. Now, it seems like I die even without monster power turned on. Were Barbs nerfed or monsters buffed or something?

Probably just out of practice. Barbs are the most overpowered class in the game. They keep nerfing the monk class (and other classes, but not nearly as much) and buffing the barbs.

Probably just out of practice. Barbs are the most overpowered class in the game. They keep nerfing the monk class (and other classes, but not nearly as much) and buffing the barbs.

Barbs just got many nerfs in 1.0.5... :confused:

In a party of 4 in Act 3 MP 3, we got about 15 ivl 63 sets/legendaries throughout the run the other night.

So does no one play WD? I found a really good mojo, figured I'd make a bundle on it...only to look at AH and see amazing mojo's selling for absolutely nothing. The equivalent wizard source to these mojos would go for 10x-100x the price!

Yeah, I've actually been playing my WD a lot lately. She has become my "main" alt lol. What mojo did you find? I found a pretty decent Thing of the Deep. I get a kick out of when people say that these mojos are selling for nothing. Look up Thing of the Deeps that have a double int roll, socket and maybe vit. Still very expensive. But overall I think WDs are still the sleeper class, not sure why they aren't more popular.

Barbs just got many nerfs in 1.0.5... :confused:

Warcry was significantly overpowered. Pre-patch, my barbarian could get higher resistances than my monk with OWE.

And now you can't be an unkillable machine with an unending WoB with whirlwind.

A few nerfs + tons of useful buffs didn't really hurt the barbarian that much. They just made barbarians from godly to almost godly.

Monks on the other hand:

Our heals don't scale, whereas barbs heals do.
Not all enemy hits can be dodged, whereas armor helps overall.
Even our regen caps.

Basically, for monks, outside of buffing useless skills (so they'll still be useless), all we got was nerfs to our armor.

And, unlike barbarians, we don't have any passives to increase damage (making our damage output non existant), and our skills which can increase damage are so short, you constantly have to be spamming them just to keep a decent output.

And we have no real way to attack enemies from a distance, unlike barbs.

And take set items. Inna's is the most useless set in the game with bad rolls. Yeah, decent bonuses, but none of the pieces have resistances. Not like a melee class needs armor or resistances after all. (And we also aren't lucky enough to get life steal on our belt.) Now, look at Immortal King's...

Yeah, a monk can be good, if you want to spend 400 million gold. But a barbarian can be significantly better.

Last edited:
What they have told to every class that says we suck fix us.
Well the game is new and we don't know the classes.
YOU DONT ????

Warcry was significantly overpowered. Pre-patch, my barbarian could get higher resistances than my monk with OWE.

And now you can't be an unkillable machine with an unending WoB with whirlwind.

A few nerfs + tons of useful buffs didn't really hurt the barbarian that much. They just made barbarians from godly to almost godly.

Monks on the other hand:

Our heals don't scale, whereas barbs heals do.
Not all enemy hits can be dodged, whereas armor helps overall.
Even our regen caps.

Basically, for monks, outside of buffing useless skills (so they'll still be useless), all we got was nerfs to our armor.

And, unlike barbarians, we don't have any passives to increase damage (making our damage output non existant), and our skills which can increase damage are so short, you constantly have to be spamming them just to keep a decent output.

And we have no real way to attack enemies from a distance, unlike barbs.

And take set items. Inna's is the most useless set in the game with bad rolls. Yeah, decent bonuses, but none of the pieces have resistances. Not like a melee class needs armor or resistances after all. (And we also aren't lucky enough to get life steal on our belt.) Now, look at Immortal King's...

Yeah, a monk can be good, if you want to spend 400 million gold. But a barbarian can be significantly better.

You should be asking for your Monk to be buffed to Barb-levels, not Barbs to be nerfed and calling them "overpowered".

The only reason I came back to this game in 1.0.3 (and have continued playing since) was because the Barb class was fun to play in the way that many of the classes in D2 were fun to play, and I had spent the bulk of my time as a tank DH from launch. That means they've done something right with the Barb - NOT something over the top and unfair and game-ruining.

I've been waiting for 1.0.5 to now give the other classes a serious play again, mainly due to the changes to crowd control (stuns/snares/etc.). Blizz made such a huge mistake by making Inferno monsters basically immune to CC effects (to make it 'harder') because they balanced so many skills around those same CC abilities. The result was that pretty much any skill that kept you in-place (various Wizard channeling skills, some DH skills, etc.) were horrible and a deathwish as soon as you encountered an elite pack. Another result was that skills with snares (slows) had lower damage values but very little utility...made no sense.

Looks like the overall 25% damage reduction didn't make it into the patch release (kinda makes releasing the patch a little strange, but I guess it fits the theme) but it will be rolled out as a hotfix during tomorrow's regular Tuesday maintenance period.

As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our original goals for the system, we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Please note that these changes will only apply to monster damage in Inferno difficulty. Monsters in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell will be unaffected and continue to use their current values.

This hotfix is currently scheduled to be released tomorrow morning during normal Tuesday maintenance in the Americas, which means the new bonus damage values in Inferno will take affect once the game servers come back online.

Here's the link to the post: http://us.battle.net...opic/6933236334

Movement speed shrine = hot.

I had my monk at 34% movement speed. + 25% for Tempest + 25% for shrine + 15% for blazing fist.

I was blasting through the game at 99 % movement speed while blazing fist was on and 84 without it. So bad ass left the world wind barb in the dust...but barely.

main difference is WW barb kills all enemies behind him while I just mangle them with the monk.

I want to turn on cheats on the game so bad to give me permanent movement speed shrine.

here is video at 84%. Not me though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8_qC1b9ew

Oh sweet, looks like I'll get to try MP4 without getting my face melted off.

And I agree, Fleeting Shrine is absolutely fucking awesome!

The loh proc of sprint rltw was nerfed. Still a good class, but not nearly as great.

Yeah, I've actually been playing my WD a lot lately. She has become my "main" alt lol. What mojo did you find? I found a pretty decent Thing of the Deep. I get a kick out of when people say that these mojos are selling for nothing. Look up Thing of the Deeps that have a double int roll, socket and maybe vit. Still very expensive. But overall I think WDs are still the sleeper class, not sure why they aren't more popular.

My main is a WD, and the thing of the deep is awesome. Set mojo's with crit are expensive though. Manajuma's and Zuni's mojo. No crit though, and it's a brimstone pretty much.

I hate all of you who get drops.

At least I have something to farm now with keys in the game, but son of a bitch rng hates me.

I hate all of you who get drops.

At least I have something to farm now with keys in the game, but son of a bitch rng hates me.

My nephew that plays a barbarian made 300 million in one day and hasn't played since. He got something like 17 legendary items in one night on MP5. He hit 60 last week or so. So basically he hit 60, next day or so the 1.05 patch happens, collects 17 legendaries in one run, gets rich, retired.

RNG is a bi*ch!

You should be asking for your Monk to be buffed to Barb-levels, not Barbs to be nerfed and calling them "overpowered".

I'm not saying to nerf barbs. Rather, the original comment was directed at a player using a barbarian asking why he was dying after the patch when before he wasn't. But in comparison to every other class, yes, barbarians are overpowered. Even with their "nerfs" the last patch, I can't see how any barbarian player can complain in relation to any other class as to how they've been treated.

Same here. One set item so far which hopefully I can make a few million on. I'm kind of stuck where I'm at. I can roll everything without using the monster power system. I cant really even attempt MP2 because I don't have enough health or DPS and I cant seem to get a decent drop to help me out. Really my only option right now is farm gold and try to buy new gear but it seems like anything better then what I have is at least a couple million.

Yeah i dropped my WD and went to a barb... within 5 million borrowed gold I'm up to 75k dps and I can steamroll MP2, until I run into reflect damage.... (I hate that affix)

[L]imey;1039254519 said:
Yeah i dropped my WD and went to a barb... within 5 million borrowed gold I'm up to 75k dps and I can steamroll MP2, until I run into reflect damage.... (I hate that affix)

Using a two hand weapon?

Back