Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

mobs just frequently run up to me, stop, I run away, their attack animation finishes and I take damage. Ping is probably low 100s.

It's a shame what they did to Diablo. They basically killed the franchise with this game.

It's gotta be the most boring game I have ever played. I thought for sure they would at least make it better than Diablo 2 but they failed horribly.

They just didn't do anything new, creative, or innovative that the game needed to come out so long after Diablo 2. I look at Torchlight 2 information and see all the modding stuff and it really makes me wonder about Blizzard.

That isn't to say that I haven't enjoyed D3, because I have. It just feels like the same game as D2, with some stuff missing.

So I was told that if you bought the game and you give a friend one of your guest passes you can't play together, is that true?

mobs just frequently run up to me, stop, I run away, their attack animation finishes and I take damage. Ping is probably low 100s.

some mobs insta hit when their attack animation starts except the damage doesn't actually register until after the animation is completed

intended poor design by Blizzard

One thing I like much more about Diablo III than Diablo II is the absence of Chance to Hit. There was nothing more frustrating than shooting/swinging away at an enemy only for the blows to not hit because of stats.

Lag spike killed my 60 wizard for the third time last night. I can't bring myself to actually level another character playing norm to he'll. I think this does it for me. I was actually really enjoying it with the new drops. I still can't figure out why they nerfed all the powerleveling methods. Everyone did it in D2.

Lag spike killed my 60 wizard for the third time last night. I can't bring myself to actually level another character playing norm to he'll. I think this does it for me. I was actually really enjoying it with the new drops. I still can't figure out why they nerfed all the powerleveling methods. Everyone did it in D2.

Using Hardcore characters in a game that is always-on and has shitty netcode is just a plain bad idea.

Using Hardcore characters in a game that is always-on and has shitty netcode is just a plain bad idea.

I don't see how people play D3 on Hardcore with the lag. I couldn't imagine how I would react if I got the running in place animation for 5 secs and then my character was dead when the game and server synced again. Whenever it happened to my 60 DH and I died I'd be ready to throw stuff and all I had to do there was click revive.

Has to be some sadomasochist type thing. :)

I don't see how people play D3 on Hardcore with the lag. I couldn't imagine how I would react if I got the running in place animation for 5 secs and then my character was dead when the game and server synced again. Whenever it happened to my 60 DH and I died I'd be ready to throw stuff and all I had to do there was click revive.

Has to be some sadomasochist type thing. :)

It wasn't a big deal in D2 because you could get 75+ and start MFing again in a few hours. That used to be possible in D3 too, but they nerfed it.

I've got ~75 million gold I could use to buy gear, but I just don't want to level again. It's miserable.

So I was told that if you bought the game and you give a friend one of your guest passes you can't play together, is that true?

Correct. You can only play single player up to Skeleton King with a max level of 13, if I recall correctly. Amounts to about 40 minutes of play. Misuse of the term "guest pass" by Blizzard, in my opinion.

Correct. You can only play single player up to Skeleton King with a max level of 13, if I recall correctly. Amounts to about 40 minutes of play. Misuse of the term "guest pass" by Blizzard, in my opinion.

So you show your buddy D3 and how much fun you're having. Then tell them how you'll can play together if he buys it and send him home with a "Guest pass". He downloads the game, logs into the game for a night of fun with his buddy, and finds out he can only play solo to level 13 instead of with his buddy.

All they had to do was make it like the WoW 1 - 20 free trial where you can't trade items, gold, or speak in General chat. I guess that was too hard to program in.

So you show your buddy D3 and how much fun you're having. Then tell them how you'll can play together if he buys it and send him home with a "Guest pass". He downloads the game, logs into the game for a night of fun with his buddy, and finds out he can only play solo to level 13 instead of with his buddy.

All they had to do was make it like the WoW 1 - 20 free trial where you can't trade items, gold, or speak in General chat. I guess that was too hard to program in.

Exactly what happened to me. Gave a friend my "guest pass" because it was too late to go to the store, and we were itching to play co-op. Spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to join each other's games.

They didn't program that shit in to prevent spammers from creating free characters to spam players or blow up general chat.

They didn't program that shit in to prevent spammers from creating free characters to spam players or blow up general chat.

Last time I was in General Chat (a while ago) it was blown up by spammers for gold sites. So they failed either way.

Exactly what happened to me. Gave a friend my "guest pass" because it was too late to go to the store, and we were itching to play co-op. Spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to join each other's games.

too late to goto the store for a game you can buy directly from the net?

It's a shame what they did to Diablo. They basically killed the franchise with this game.

It's gotta be the most boring game I have ever played. I thought for sure they would at least make it better than Diablo 2 but they failed horribly.

WAAH Y U NO LIKE TO FARM GEAR? IN DIABLO III U FARM GEAR!!!

damnnnn items in general are much better drop wise.. totally necessary too.. because there is randomness when generating the stats on an item so if i only get 2 ilvl63's every hour or so ill never get a good ass item unless im lucky as shit.

I hate how much I love this game. I just wish I had more time to play it.

I'm now at 46K damage with no enhanced Attack Speed, crit chance, or crit damage.

Pretty much only have 1 piece of gear left that I need Zunimassa's Vessel....but its over 13 million or 50 bucks. Tal rasha armor will have to work till then.

I'm in desperate need of help. Can any DH players give me some tips on soloing Inferno? It's pretty much insta-gib for me once an elite mob shows up. I can't farm Act 1 since the death penalty eats up any gold I find. :(

I'm in desperate need of help. Can any DH players give me some tips on soloing Inferno? It's pretty much insta-gib for me once an elite mob shows up. I can't farm Act 1 since the death penalty eats up any gold I find. :(
Post your stats (health, resists, dps, armor) and your build. No one can help you if you don't post that stuff.

what are your skills / dps / hp / resistances

I've seen some spotty hit detection, but nothing that bad. What's your ping in-game? I'm usually around the low 100s and for the most part it's acceptable. The rubberbanding is more aggravating but I've seen less of that the last couple of times I played.

Sorry bro :( Go play another game for a bit and relax. If you're not having fun, no need to frustrate yourself.

I've also noticed less rubber banding, and pings in the low 100's as well. What really gets me lately is dying becuase my moves won't go off instantly.

I hit diamond skin or teleport before they hit me, but the game still takes .5 seconds to get a move off so i'm dead.

Also, the "go play another game for a bit and relax" is actually GREAT advice, because see--take a week off playing, and come back and all prices on gear will have dropped 50%, so you can suddenly afford a nicer set of gear.

This is quite a pain in the ass. I've noticed that mobs who they expect you to be able to dodge their attacks, the slow wind-up ones, you can actually dodge within milliseconds of exiting their range. Mobs who just swing, regardless of how far away you got, will hit you no matter what if their attack animation starts. Pretty fuckin retarded.

Yeah first thing I'm going to assume is gear - specifically bow. This needs to be upgraded ASAP before all other slots, because your survivability rests on you killing a mob before it reaches you. After that I would work on your eHP via armor/res all/vit.

Anything below 1k DPS should be dirt cheap, so just find the best overall damage increase taking in account dex/crit dmg. I'd stick to blues for now, so that the bows you buy are affordable.

More people need to realize this. If you are NOT coming out ahead in gold per farm run, you are under geared for that Act/difficulty. I know it's hard for some to swallow but every Act in inferno has a gear check/barrier.

Now of course you could be trying to use a Fan of Knives build for all I know but most DH need at least 20-25k dps minimum with about 20k hp + to safely and quickly farm A1.

On another note, farmed A2 fully 2x yesterday night. Got some pretty nice iLvl63s. I think the highly was a pair of pants for my barb friend, 180 vit, 100 str, 69 res all, +armor, gold find radius, 2 sockets. Boy was he happy. ^^ No gear for my monk though :( I'm flat broke from buying a shield the other day (29% block sacred, +dex, +OWE resist, reduced CC for 1 mil. I probably could have gotten a lower % block with better stats in retrospect but I wanted that 29% block damnit!) since I tried my luck at crafting iLvl 62 armors :p

Post your stats (health, resists, dps, armor) and your build. No one can help you if you don't post that stuff.

14sm6if.jpg

Need moar resists. As a WD I had to get up above 250 just to keep from being one shotted, and over 3 to be comfortable. That included some more vit pieces too.

Need moar resists. As a WD I had to get up above 250 just to keep from being one shotted, and over 3 to be comfortable. That included some more vit pieces too.

I think I'm going to have to replay Hell since I'm not getting anywhere in Inferno and I need gold to get better gear.

Ooh, yeah, definitely gotta work on getting the effective health (combination of life and damage mitigation (armor, resists, dodge, block, etc.)) up. Even a lowly zombie in A1 is probably going to 1-shot you right now.

My current build is what I call "Run Like Hell"! I use smoke screen and vault with the tactical advantage passive. I deploy spike trap (at max distance) use hungering arrow and elemental arrow. My big hitter is cluster arrow.

xfdjzm.jpg

I think I'm going to have to replay Hell since I'm not getting anywhere in Inferno and I need gold to get better gear.

as I see it you have 3 options.

Option 1 the Cheap route: up your DPS and kite everything in inferno use all available evasion spells. Remove that Vit gem and put in a dex gem. It looks like your using a 1 handed weapon. Get a 2 hander they can use a quiver as well. You can AH it or farm act 1 inferno (hell's likely not going to drop anything good enough for you). Find low cost gear on AH that will increase your damage.

35k - 40k DPS seems to be the sweet spot for a character who needs to kill before getting hit in act 1. Act 2 and 3 are pretty bad for a DH now.

Option 2 Full Gear route: Get more RES this will cost time and money.....which it seems you don't have. The best part about range classes is all they need is Prime stat and DPS.

Option 3 Find a Barb/Monk friend to tank for you.

If you're using Sharpshooter to get that dps number then you need to turn it off to see your true dps number.

If you only have 25k damage WITH Sharpshooter as a demon hunter in act I Inferno, I'd say you need to increase your damage output severely.

I can farm act I Inferno on my DH, but I have to be on my toes because my resists aren't high. Then again my damage is 37k without Sharpshooter and I have 30% critical with 233% crit damage. I don't even use Sharpshooter all the time anymore.

If you're damage is that low, replace one of your passives with Tactical Advantage. It will help keep you alive. EDIT: Just saw that you have on it. I'd drop the trap passive for the one that lets you generate discipline on a critical hit. More discipline = more uses of your get out of dodge skills.

Some classes can farm Inferno easier than others. My monk only shows 16.7k damage on the paper doll screen, but I can pop the Butcher in like 90 seconds. Takes my demon hunter like 3 minutes because I have to shoot and run. With my monk I just stand in the fire and eat all his melee attacks. No problem with 632 resist to all.

Last edited:
ya inferno act 2 for DH is stupid right now got resist over 500 to see if helped did nothing better to just glass cannon it.

sucks since they raised good drop rates in act 2.. not sure how they gonna make dh relevant again after act 1

My current build is what I call "Run Like Hell"! I use smoke screen and vault with the tactical advantage passive. I deploy spike trap (at max distance) use hungering arrow and elemental arrow. My big hitter is cluster arrow.

Check your PMs, I'll help you in-game.

ya inferno act 2 for DH is stupid right now got resist over 500 to see if helped did nothing better to just glass cannon it.

sucks since they raised good drop rates in act 2.. not sure how they gonna make dh relevant again after act 1

That means your damage is too low and you are under geared. However, A2 is very heavily anti ranged.

Good DH's I know can breeze through A3 easily with their gear level.

I have a 60 DH/Barb/Wiz but I've prefered played Barbarian over all the other classes. Even though I regretted creating a melee class until some of the recent patches, I'm having more fun than ever. I wish they didn't nerf the acts, but the drop rates on gear definitely needed to be upped, because I like the reward of finding my own gear; rather than purchasing it from Anonymous.

I have a 60 DH/Barb/Wiz but I've prefered played Barbarian over all the other classes. Even though I regretted creating a melee class until some of the recent patches, I'm having more fun than ever. I wish they didn't nerf the acts, but the drop rates on gear definitely needed to be upped, because I like the reward of finding my own gear; rather than purchasing it from Anonymous.

yeah fuck purchasing.. the problem with me is im like why not its only 10 bucks ill skip a meal but fuck man i dont skip a meal im skinny as shit i need SUSTAINSESSES

Back