Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Installed, opening cinematics watched, all the ographics options/subtitles/sound set... now waiting 4 hours for launch. And then another 12 hours to sort the servers, and another 12 for hotfixes.... should be able to play on Wednesday :D

Installed, opening cinematics watched, all the ographics options/subtitles/sound set... now waiting 4 hours for launch. And then another 12 hours to sort the servers, and another 12 for hotfixes.... should be able to play on Wednesday :D

where do you live that its available in four hours :O

Installer is online now.

It's weird to think that I actually have Diablo III installed on my computer right now.

just finished installing... im in korea and reality is, i have to wait till Tuesday here at 4:01pm to play online...rahhh

Lets see...I can install then go right to sleep when I get home from work this afternoon...wake up around 3am EST and hammer the servers until morning then go to work again. Sounds like a plan.

Lets see...I can install then go right to sleep when I get home from work this afternoon...wake up around 3am EST and hammer the servers until morning then go to work again. Sounds like a plan.

I am going to go home, install. sleep until 12 or 1 ish.. wake up and play till work time :)

My brother preordered the game for me back in January (birthday present). I really hope the game comes in the mail tomorrow.

I don't sleep. As a programmer, I'm up all the time, so waiting until midnight and then being on the computer is routine for me. Only annoying part is having to head to work at 8 then try to focus while everyone talks about the game, making me want to pummel down Monster's until I get home, so I can play again, ahah.

My double order of CEs are coming in, one pickup from BB, another online from newegg. Really I just wanted to ensure I had one, but now I have to sell off my extra. I'm probably preaching to the choir here and most here who want the game already preordered, but does anyone still want to pick up a CE?

My double order of CEs are coming in, one pickup from BB, another online from newegg. Really I just wanted to ensure I had one, but now I have to sell off my extra. I'm probably preaching to the choir here and most here who want the game already preordered, but does anyone still want to pick up a CE?

How much ya sellin it for?

Any time there's a big event (game launch, ticket sales, etc.) that relies on servers, it seems like you're almost guaranteed a night of frustration rather than enjoyment if you choose to stay up and try to get on right away.

Thankfully I have to be up at 5:45 for work tomorrow morning or I'd be tempted to do just that. I'll be surprised if many of you aren't raging pretty soon after the game launches though due to crashes, waiting, or instability.

I kinda wish it was being unlocked at like 5-10pm my time instead of 3 am. I'm prolly not going to bother staying up to play for an hour or 2 before going to sleep, and it just seems so wrong to start something like D3 in the AM...like going to see some highly anticipated blockbuster movie in the morning. No way I'm holding off when I wake up though.

Any OC people showing up to this?
(wondering if my class would mind if I let them out early if I said why....hahahaha!)

Diablo%20Event%20Flyer%20FINAL.pdf

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/diablo-midnight/Diablo Event Flyer FINAL.pdf

I kinda wish it was being unlocked at like 5-10pm my time instead of 3 am. I'm prolly not going to bother staying up to play for an hour or 2 before going to sleep, and it just seems so wrong to start something like D3 in the AM...like going to see some highly anticipated blockbuster movie in the morning. No way I'm holding off when I wake up though.

7PM glass of bourbon and 100mg of benadryl will instantly transport you to 3AM mass murder.

I watched a lot of the cinematics on youtube and it's as bad as I thought it would be. It's like some cheesy summer action movie. It's really bad.

INSTALLING!!! The downloaded install files are finally letting me install!

I watched a lot of the cinematics on youtube and it's as bad as I thought it would be. It's like some cheesy summer action movie. It's really bad.

Yeah, gameplay & in-game storyline ALWAYS reflects cinematics & vice versa... :rolleyes:

INSTALLING!!! The downloaded install files are finally letting me install!
This I'll be doing right when I get home. :) I was having issues just to get the dam installer to run last night (was testing to see what it did) & all it said was that it was updating the setup files. I hope that it doesn't do it this round.

I'd definitely like one of those demo keys!

Last edited:
So where's all the people begging for demo keys?

(hint hint, this guy :D )

I'll see what demo keys I get in my standard edition box, which just shipped from Amazon.

Any time there's a big event (game launch, ticket sales, etc.) that relies on servers, it seems like you're almost guaranteed a night of frustration rather than enjoyment if you choose to stay up and try to get on right away.

Thankfully I have to be up at 5:45 for work tomorrow morning or I'd be tempted to do just that. I'll be surprised if many of you aren't raging pretty soon after the game launches though due to crashes, waiting, or instability.

You cant deny how fun it is to stay up late with friends though. Something a lot more epic about staying up late and playing till sunup.

this might be one of the few times the WoW servers are desolate so Blizzard probably has a plenty big enough straw for everyone to suck through tonight.

So most of my friends got this one preordered from Amazon, so they gotta wait for the actual product to get there. I'm pretty much gonna be the only one playing right at midnight. Anyone have an extra space in their party? I'm down for whatever class, doesn't really matter to me. I just hate playing pubs with people who like blasting through the game. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna wait for my friends to get their copy first for me to play lol

the thing that really turned me off was the auction house

not in the usual sense people claim about it but in the sense that I wish it was part of the game world. a la WoW's auction house that the toon goes inside and interacts with the mechanics. I just felt like it was separate from the game and detracted from the immersion.

I'll only be playing with a friend at midnight, so we'll have 2 spots in our party open. It doesn't sound like you want to be in any rush to get through the game so you'd fit right in :)

Question: Are people referenced by their character names ever? (or is it all battletag)

the thing that really turned me off was the auction house

not in the usual sense people claim about it but in the sense that I wish it was part of the game world. a la WoW's auction house that the toon goes inside and interacts with the mechanics. I just felt like it was separate from the game and detracted from the immersion.

I do kinda wish it was integrated into a town of some sort, not sure how the rest of the story pans out to make that viable though

having it at the menu/char select screen level though allows you to quickly switch between your multiple chars and compare gear, etc when looking for stuff

Back