Diablo 3 Build Discussion Thread

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Figured I'd separate it from the massive thread on general D3 stuff as I'm interested in seeing what other people have come up with. :)

I'm congalong#1581 on Bnet if anyone wants to add me. If you see Soulesschild in game that's also me on my Wizard ;)

Current Planned Wizard Build:
Mouse skills:
1. Magic Missile /w Charged Blast (Increased ST)
2. Arcane Orb /w Tap the Source (Reduced Cost)
Active Skills:
3. Meteor /w Molten Impact or Comet (depends if you party or not to deal with monster immunities in later difficulties)
4. Blizzard /w Unrelenting Storm or Stark Winter (More dmg or bigger radius, up to you)
5. Frost Nova /w Shatter or Bone Chill (Chain CC or more dmg, up to you)
6. Teleport /w Reversal
Passives:
1. Evocation
2. Glass Cannon
3. Cold Blooded

Playstyle:

Teleport is used to gather mobs or run away, mainly gathering mobs. Teleport in, kite as best as you can, frost nova, reverse out. Then proceed to rain fire and ice while spamming Magic Missile/Arcane

Pros:
Massive AoE, strong CC

Cons:
Mediocre ST dmg (though this seems to be a general fault of the class based on skill design when compared to other classes)
Relies on fast reflexes to not get one-shot when teleporting in to kite mobs
Dual immunes such as fire/cold make you worthless

Ok maybe nub but.... is it me or does getting rid of the skill tree suck? I've been playing about 3 hours and honestly, I don't really care when I level up.

You are now level 3 here is the skill you get.... Huh?
i.e, doing a "build" has been removed or minimized?

Okay it's early days yet but so far I don't like the "you just get stronger as you go through the game, don't think about choices because it just happens". If that was they case why not make the whole game one difficulty and get rid of leveling up all together....

As I said, early days.... but so far I don't see the point. ALSO: What key to press to highlight interactive objects on the map (chests, items, bookcases, etc)

Last edited:
Back