Diablo 3 beta confirmed for September

Can't wait to try the beta, but I'm really not sold on this real money AH bullshit. I know the first time I see some 12 year old kid decked in the best armor thanks to his Dad's credit card I'm going to sigh, and then cringe.

this is nothing new.. you could always buy items from ebay or from item sites...

this is nothing new.. you could always buy items from ebay or from item sites...

I'm aware of that fact, but I'm also willing to bet my house there will be a much larger number of people actually buying items now that it's offered by Blizzard.

Can't wait to try the beta, but I'm really not sold on this real money AH bullshit. I know the first time I see some 12 year old kid decked in the best armor thanks to his Dad's credit card I'm going to sigh, and then cringe.

and his char name will be "Imma12yroldkidwitdadscc"

how would you even know this if that wasn't the case, lol... I like the heavy assumptions people make when they get owned in the face :p

I'm all for the real money AH supported by blizz, get rid of the farmers shady dealings and often scams by supporting it yourself. I think it will do wonders for this game despite the haters and the anti-online anti-"DRM" elitists that are prevalent in this forum.

As long as your arguments kowtow to blizzard when they remove features, you shall always remain a kool-aid drinker. I do not advocate for the removal of features that were present in the first 2 games just so they can maximize profits by including draconian DRM.

Now go away and stop spreading ignorance.

We all have heard your lame arguments. You call them features, but many of us are perfectly capable of seeing how pointless "features" like stat allocation really were, and how little they added to the first two games. We get it, you don't like the game. You claim you won't be buying the game. We're all sheep blah blah blah. Stop ruining threads about games that most of us are looking forward to, it's called common courtesy. If you want to constantly complain about the game, go create your own thread titled "CryingGod cries about the smallest things" and bitch about everything in the world that displeases you there.

Last edited:
Cross your fingers for entrance. Hopefully the time between the beta and the game's release is on the short side.

A post also says there will be "fewer keys than the SC2 beta." I suppose that's normal, given they need lots of data for an RTS to do balance, and it is less of an issue here. Need to remember to run the opt-in system scanner again.

Guys, please remember, someone pointing out why they don't like something is not trolling, but calling other members ignorant and being overly derogatory without providing a substantive counter argument of their opinions is.

Last edited:
I'm actually more excited for the path of exile beta than the d3. It just feels to me like it's a true spiritual successor to d2. D3 looks like a Wowified diablo.

A post also says there will be "fewer keys than the SC2 beta." I suppose that's normal, given they need lots of data for an RTS to do balance, and it is less of an issue here. Need to remember to run the opt-in system scanner again.

Boo, I hadn't heard that. I'll have to check my opt-in as well and make sure it's up to date.

and his char name will be "Imma12yroldkidwitdadscc"

how would you even know this if that wasn't the case, lol... I like the heavy assumptions people make when they get owned in the face :p

I'm all for the real money AH supported by blizz, get rid of the farmers shady dealings and often scams by supporting it yourself. I think it will do wonders for this game despite the haters and the anti-online anti-"DRM" elitists that are prevalent in this forum.

Didn't you know that anytime someone has better gear than someone else it means they're a 12 year old who had their daddy buy it for them?

The people decked out in awesome gear are never the people who have 15 hours a day to spend playing the game. They're never people who are 25 with their own cc (maybe they even act like 12 year olds... there seems to be a lot of older people who act like they're 12 now-a-days), and they're never people who just happened to have a few good/lucky drops.

Lol I agree to that. Most people who think mature is acting like a 12 year old douchebag really need a shake in the head.

Lol I agree to that. Most people who think mature is acting like a 12 year old douchebag really need a shake in the head.

That wasn't what he was saying. He was saying that everytime someone whines about someone else having an "advantage" in a video game, it's always blamed as some "12 year old with dad's money."

This is particularly ironic on this message board where adults spend stupid amounts of money to run games super fast. :cool:

That wasn't what he was saying. He was saying that everytime someone whines about someone else having an "advantage" in a video game, it's always blamed as some "12 year old with dad's money."

This is particularly ironic on this message board where adults spend stupid amounts of money to run games super fast. :cool:

Haha yeah, I was responding to the part in parenthesis :p.

That's true though, when someone gets beat by a decked out char.. they default to a kid getting money from their dad to buy gear.

i can't believe they are going to be officially selling in-game items... lame.

i can't believe they are going to be officially selling in-game items... lame.

THEY are not selling items, they are officially condoning the sale of items between players. And the sale of items between players has essentially been unofficially condoned for many years in Diablo 2 through shady third-party services. Why is this point beyond the pale of people's understanding?

THEY are not selling items, they are officially condoning the sale of items between players. And the sale of items between players has essentially been unofficially condoned for many years in Diablo 2 through shady third-party services. Why is this point beyond the pale of people's understanding?

Its still lame. I wan't the black market back! This whole buying items and being legit is crappin my style.:cool:

Deal with it because that's how people will understand it as.

Are you speaking to me? I have nothing to deal with, because I am perfectly content with an official real money sales medium. I am merely trying to enlighten people who refuse to perform any research on the mechanics of the thing they seem to hate.

Are you speaking to me? I have nothing to deal with, because I am perfectly content with an official real money sales medium. I am merely trying to enlighten people who refuse to perform any research on the mechanics of the thing they seem to hate.

This.

I don't understand how people can be so upset that someone might sell their super-rare drop to someone for $10 instead of trading it to them for 10 not-quite-as-rare items. Is it somehow better to be raped by someone who traded 10 great items for 1 super-duper item than it is to get raped by someone who paid $10 instead of 10 items? Is it somehow better to get raped by the person who found the item because they didn't feel like trading/selling it? Either way you are dying to the item that somebody, at some point in time, found.

Blizzard isn't saying "hey, spend $10 and we'll create the best item in the game and give it to you".

I think what he meant was, no matter how much we try to inform everyone how it works, there will always be ignorant people who will speak before knowing what they're talking about and thus we should just get used to that. Hopefully the majority of people here knows how it works and if some still disagree with the system, that's a perfectly fine and well-informed opinion.

WAIT WAIT DIABLOFANS.COM IS SAYING THIS FOOTAGE IS LEAKED FROM AN EX BLIZZARD EMPLOYEE. beta has not begun!

No shit. I guess none of you guys have heard of diii.net.

It's the most up to date d3 site I know of. I check once a day to get my d3 news. Invites have not been sent out. It's only friends/family beta right now (as in, not us).

weird, I don't like the look of WoW much at all, but think Diablo 3 looks fine. There are some exaggerated angles and geometry, but it doesn't look like ass.

Man, I just want an official announcement of when this is starting for real.

The waiting is the hardest part...

yeah ive been waiting so long, i cant handle it anymore.. id love to just get into beta shesh..

I will be at BlzzCon in person in Oct so one way or another i'll be getting hands on soon.

Back