Diablo 3 beta confirmed for September

I didn't think you could possibly dumb-down Diablo any further but it appears I am wrong.

I used more than 3 skills for each character I made...plus maxing out skills you didn't use contributed to skills you did use when Blizzard implemented the Synergy system.

More than 3 skills? Did you somehow use more than 6?

Yeah...Diablo 2 was SOOOOOOOOO customizable.

Most characters used the following:

Battle Command (cta)
Battle Orders (cta)
Teleport (enigma)

Then depending on the class it was usually limited to:

Sorceress:
2 lightning/fire/cold spells

Paladin:
- Holy Shield + Smite + Charge
- Holy Shield + Blessed Hammer + Concentration

Amazon:
- Jab + Lightning Javelin
- Guided Arrow + Multi Arrow

Barbarian:
- Whirlwind + Shout

Necromancer:
-Bone Spells (the only class that used quite a few skills really) + Lower Resist

Druid:
- Cyclone Armor + Tornado + Hurricane

Assassin:
- Lightning Sentry + Shock Web

And if you didn't use something that looked like those you probably sucked at this game.

With all that said, it's still my favorite game ever.

Yes I saw the video. Yeah I played Diablo 1 and 2 for hundreds of hours. My problem is that they have taken all the Mystique out of the game. Now all the cards are laid before you face up. You get to pick and choose the ones you want.

The mystique of having 15 chat bots spamming their respective websites and deals they have on items? Or the mystique of knowing that, without running a farming bot yourself, you will never get the best items in the game?

As he said in the video, you are absolutely delusional if you think that people decked out in Enigma, HOTO, shako and shit like that a few days after a new ladder season started were playing legitly (i.e. not buying or botting).

The mystique of having 15 chat bots spamming their respective websites and deals they have on items? Or the mystique of knowing that, without running a farming bot yourself, you will never get the best items in the game?

As he said in the video, you are absolutely delusional if you think that people decked out in Enigma, HOTO, shako and shit like that a few days after a new ladder season started were playing legitly (i.e. not buying or botting).

"Or the mystique of knowing that, without running a farming bot yourself, you will never get the best items in the game?"

Exactly that. The unknown.

Im looking the most forward to:

A) Bots / hacks being gone.

B) A balanced and fun competitive economy due to point "A)"

C) This game costs $60, the level of mentally challenged children players goes down significantly. I don't mind putting out money for a premium experience.

D) Finally quitting WoW.

E) Maybe making a few bucks on the side?

Oh I thought for some reason each class only received six skills total for some reason...

Im looking the most forward to:

A) Bots / hacks being gone.

B) A balanced and fun competitive economy due to point "A)"

C) This game costs $60, the level of mentally challenged children players goes down significantly. I don't mind putting out money for a premium experience.

D) Finally quitting WoW.

E) Maybe making a few bucks on the side?

A: If you think bots and hacks will be gone you're delusional
B: LOL.
C: Really, you really think that?
D: You know WoW has been catering to the bads lately...
E: Get a job?

I agree with all but A, I really truly feel that the bots will be gone in D3. Blizzard is going to keep a tight reign on people exploiting the auction house.

"Or the mystique of knowing that, without running a farming bot yourself, you will never get the best items in the game?"

Exactly that. The unknown.

But see, it's not unknown unless you're playing it hermetically in the first place. You will see people with the items. You will know what you want to get and how to get it. All is not suddenly revealed by a cash-based auction house in the same way that it would be revealed by an ordinary auction house.

It was ALWAYS a trading based game. The economy was always a MASSIVE part of it. You aren't playing it in a bubble.

But alas, I see it is pointless to keep arguing this point. You are clearly already resolved to hate the game. I'm sure Torchlight 2 would be delighted to have 1 more anti-corporate hipster playing it.

Holy hell wtf were they smoking. I seriously want some of it.

Yea, as much as I support online only to deter unscrupulous behavior, botting is something that's really hard to stop. I don't think there will be game-breaking things like item duping or stat hacking (save for exploiting major design bugs), but having an automated system to mimic legitimate play is probably harder to detect. Even if Blizzard is on the ball with shutting down botters, people also use hi-jacked accounts to do their work, so it gets really messy.

Yea, as much as I support online only to deter unscrupulous behavior, botting is something that's really hard to stop. I don't think there will be game-breaking things like item duping or stat hacking (save for exploiting major design bugs), but having an automated system to mimic legitimate play is probably harder to detect. Even if Blizzard is on the ball with shutting down botters, people also use hi-jacked accounts to do their work, so it gets really messy.

It doesn't really matter if you're mimicing play or not. What gets bots caught isn't if it looks like a real player, or some guy is playing 900 hours straight. It's the type of packet injection and stuff they use to achieve it.

To the guy above you, re has history taught us anything: Yeah, I'd say it has. You're delusional if you think botting is a big problem in WoW. Maybe it's what, lowered the cost of fishing rods?

Yeah...Diablo 2 was SOOOOOOOOO customizable.

Most characters used the following:

Battle Command (cta)
Battle Orders (cta)
Teleport (enigma)

Then depending on the class it was usually limited to:

Sorceress:
2 lightning/fire/cold spells

Paladin:
- Holy Shield + Smite + Charge
- Holy Shield + Blessed Hammer + Concentration

Amazon:
- Jab + Lightning Javelin
- Guided Arrow + Multi Arrow

Barbarian:
- Whirlwind + Shout

Necromancer:
-Bone Spells (the only class that used quite a few skills really) + Lower Resist

Druid:
- Cyclone Armor + Tornado + Hurricane

Assassin:
- Lightning Sentry + Shock Web

And if you didn't use something that looked like those you probably sucked at this game.

With all that said, it's still my favorite game ever.

There were tons more builds than those and they were plenty of fun. Diablo 3 is going to have the same min/maxing bullshit.

I hope there's no immunities or absorb in D3. Nothing was a bigger boner-assassin as taking a fire sorc to Act4. I guess with the skilltree now though you'll easily be able to have a strong skill from each mastery. Hopefully no absorb, too. I always had a full absorb set in my stash on my Smiter for each element. Loved having a sorc or assassin join a duel game. Lol thanks for the heals!

It doesn't really matter if you're mimicing play or not. What gets bots caught isn't if it looks like a real player, or some guy is playing 900 hours straight. It's the type of packet injection and stuff they use to achieve it.

To the guy above you, re has history taught us anything: Yeah, I'd say it has. You're delusional if you think botting is a big problem in WoW. Maybe it's what, lowered the cost of fishing rods?

Where in my post did I mention WoW? But now that we're on the subject, sure. I've played WoW once or twice. Here's a laundry list of bots in WoW (and I count lame ass keyboard/mice macros in this list)

-Level bots, able to level 1-80 without any interaction. (Probably 85 now)
-Leech bots in dungeons, encountered a handful of these in WOTLK, they would auto-follow and assist that person on targets, then autofollow others and assist.
-Auction house bots, automatically undercut you within 1 minute of posting.
-Honor bots, join a battleground and jump for anti-afk. More advanced ones follow paths in the bg's and attack people randomly.
-Spam bots, spam general/trade chat.
-Corpse bots, use various hacks to teleport and spell names of sites in the middle of towns with their own corpses.
-Gather bots, use various hacks to mine and herb stuff while being underground, also use speed hack.
-Hacked player bots, a user gets hacked via a 3rd party exploit, a bot gets loaded onto their system that automatically vendors their gear, their inventory, and then mails the gold off to a holding character.
-Fishing bots, the only bot you seem to think exists.

Alright, so basically bots in WoW have every part of the game covered that doesn't require "skill", which is most of the game. You're right, they're not a problem. Next.

Oh boy, as addicting as D2 was back in the day I'm afraid to get D3. Hopefully they made this game right :)

CryingGod: trolling Diablo 3 threads and continually pointing out how awful the game will be and how he won't be buying it, yet still feels compelled to talk about it whenever possible.

It's okay, you can come out of the Diablo 3 closet and admit you'll be buying the game, there's no judgement here.

CryingGod: trolling Diablo 3 threads and continually pointing out how awful the game will be and how he won't be buying it, yet still feels compelled to talk about it whenever possible.

It's okay, you can come out of the Diablo 3 closet and admit you'll be buying the game, there's no judgement here.

There's always one person like this in every game thread. Dethred earned the distinction the BF3 one.

They're so angry at the game they feel the need to tell everyone how horrible it is, how dumbed down it is, you're a corporate sheep if you buy it and so on and so forth.

Meanwhile, everyone else is having a good time.

Aww cute, I got noticed by someone drinking the kool-aid.

Where in my post did I mention WoW? But now that we're on the subject, sure. I've played WoW once or twice. Here's a laundry list of bots in WoW (and I count lame ass keyboard/mice macros in this list)

-Level bots, able to level 1-80 without any interaction. (Probably 85 now)
-Leech bots in dungeons, encountered a handful of these in WOTLK, they would auto-follow and assist that person on targets, then autofollow others and assist.
-Auction house bots, automatically undercut you within 1 minute of posting.
-Honor bots, join a battleground and jump for anti-afk. More advanced ones follow paths in the bg's and attack people randomly.
-Spam bots, spam general/trade chat.
-Corpse bots, use various hacks to teleport and spell names of sites in the middle of towns with their own corpses.
-Gather bots, use various hacks to mine and herb stuff while being underground, also use speed hack.
-Hacked player bots, a user gets hacked via a 3rd party exploit, a bot gets loaded onto their system that automatically vendors their gear, their inventory, and then mails the gold off to a holding character.
-Fishing bots, the only bot you seem to think exists.

Alright, so basically bots in WoW have every part of the game covered that doesn't require "skill", which is most of the game. You're right, they're not a problem. Next.

I think you being a forum bot is more likely than any of those. I use to cry bot on FPS games everytime I got beat, until I admitted I just wasn't very good. Next.

I think you being a forum bot is more likely than any of those. I use to cry bot on FPS games everytime I got beat, until I admitted I just wasn't very good. Next.

Yeah that's it, I'm claiming there are spam bots on WoW because they are "beating" me. What exactly are any of these bots "beating" me at?

Because when you remove the dumb non-game changing macro "bots" like the anti-AFK honor bot, fishing bot and spam bots, you're not left with much.

Aww cute, I got noticed by someone drinking the kool-aid.

Typical "my opinion is legitimate, your opinion is mindless following of others." Nothing to see here but weak arguments and constant trolling. We get it, you don't like the game. Why you feel the need to come into every thread about Diablo 3 and restate your same tired drivel over and over again to people who, obviously, don't agree, I'm not sure. Reminds me of the Modern Warfare boycotters. What's your goal here, exactly? "I don't like the game and since I know better than the rest of you, nobody should like it"? Go away and stop trolling.

I can vouch for all of those bots in WoW. My roommate actively uses them. The only account of his that's been banned so far (of 6months or so running bots) was the account he used to sell gold to someone. If you want to do it in wow, there's a bot for it. Minus raiding.

on topic, I can't wait for D3!

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1037668910 said:
I can vouch for all of those bots in WoW. My roommate actively uses them. The only account of his that's been banned so far (of 6months or so running bots) was the account he used to sell gold to someone. If you want to do it in wow, there's a bot for it. Minus raiding.

on topic, I can't wait for D3!

Thank you, these kids don't have a clue. Most people don't know about auction house bots I don't think, but I got to know users who used them pretty well when I was grinding for the gold cap. I think they're arguing against me because they think I hate WoW or D3 or something, when I'm probably the biggest Blizzard fanboy on here.

Thank you, these kids don't have a clue. Most people don't know about auction house bots I don't think, but I got to know users who used them pretty well when I was grinding for the gold cap. I think they're arguing against me because they think I hate WoW or D3 or something, when I'm probably the biggest Blizzard fanboy on here.

I used to play WoW with a guy that had 6 accounts, he would turn his bots on and run me through Heroic dungeons with his 4 other druids. It was pretty cool. :cool:

I used to play WoW with a guy that had 6 accounts, he would turn his bots on and run me through Heroic dungeons with his 4 other druids. It was pretty cool. :cool:

Was he botting or just multi-boxing? I wouldn't consider multi boxing as botting. Multi boxing requires custom software that makes them all "follow the leader" and mimick the leader, but there's still someone playing the lead character.

Was he botting or just multi-boxing? I wouldn't consider multi boxing as botting. Multi boxing requires custom software that makes them all "follow the leader" and mimick the leader, but there's still someone playing the lead character.

Yeah I guess that was it then, because they would all do the same thing.

Yeah I guess that was it then, because they would all do the same thing.

Multi boxing is cool. I haven't done it personally, but I remember some guy who was multiboxing 5 or so Shaman's holding one of the chokes in Alterac Valley by himself, was pretty epic.

Typical "my opinion is legitimate, your opinion is mindless following of others." Nothing to see here but weak arguments and constant trolling. We get it, you don't like the game. Why you feel the need to come into every thread about Diablo 3 and restate your same tired drivel over and over again to people who, obviously, don't agree, I'm not sure. Reminds me of the Modern Warfare boycotters. What's your goal here, exactly? "I don't like the game and since I know better than the rest of you, nobody should like it"? Go away and stop trolling.

As long as your arguments kowtow to blizzard when they remove features, you shall always remain a kool-aid drinker. I do not advocate for the removal of features that were present in the first 2 games just so they can maximize profits by including draconian DRM.

Now go away and stop spreading ignorance.

Can't wait to try the beta, but I'm really not sold on this real money AH bullshit. I know the first time I see some 12 year old kid decked in the best armor thanks to his Dad's credit card I'm going to sigh, and then cringe.

Back