Diablo 3 at Micro Center for $49.99?

Yeah hopefully someone can actually confirm this. I've got one 20 minutes from work. I'll take a 1/2 day for that! LOL

Good deal! Maybe Blizzard knows they shouldn't sell this game for $60, huh? :p No retailer should offer it for < $60 before the game is even released.

$49.99 is a good deal...but pick up and tax is involved :(

Right now I have it through Amazon for $57 shipped with release date delivery...If my local MC has it for $49.99...tax and driving there will easily bring it to $57 territory....so I think I'm gonna stay put

good for those who still need to pick up their copy!

Any long time trusted members with heatware live near a MC and willing to buy me a copy and just email me the cd key? You can already download the entire game so.....

Anyone work at a MC that can confirm if they'll be having midnight launch event?

When is this price active anyways? I guess its not until May 15th isnt it... I couldnt tell from that url.

Fried is peddling "Collector's Edition" at 12 - 1 AM on the 15th (Sunnyvale location only.)

Thanks for the tip. I'll visit my local MC first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the tip. I'll visit my local MC first thing in the morning.

Theres a little confusion by when it starts because technically nobody is supposed to be selling them until May 15th. I dont know if the MC deal starts May 15th or if its already started. It says prices good 4/30 - 5/13 so I dont know... If they are selling it already, they arnt supposed to be, if they arnt selling it, then the ad is wrong...

I swear to god, when I am rich and rule the planet, I will buy MicroCenter and shut down ALL OF THEM... except for one store, which will be constructed three miles from my house. Then I will laugh at all of you people who have MCs right down the road from you now and can get all the deals, and then I will have all the deals, and I will be able to post about $50 i7-3770Ks and $5 motherboards, and you will have NOOOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIING :mad:((((((

Well I just got back from Bestbuy and "reserved" a copy of D3 for myself. The girl I talked to there said they would most likely pricematch Microcenter but I have to wait and come back on Tuesday when its out to do so. Hopefully it works out. :p There is a Bestbuy near the Microcenter in Tustin, even though I live an hour away from it, so I dont see why they wouldnt PM it.

Might be worth a shot for anyone not near a MC. I also plan on asking Newegg if they would PM as well, though I am pretty sure they dont.

I swear to god, when I am rich and rule the planet, I will buy MicroCenter and shut down ALL OF THEM... except for one store, which will be constructed three miles from my house. Then I will laugh at all of you people who have MCs right down the road from you now and can get all the deals, and then I will have all the deals, and I will be able to post about $50 i7-3770Ks and $5 motherboards, and you will have NOOOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIING :mad:((((((

lolol

Pls keep us updated. :D
I'll go tomorrow, and check things out.
You know, just to rub it in, I decided to go on google maps, and check the distances. Here's what I got:
MicroCenter: 0.8 miles
TigerDirect: 0.9 miles
Best Buy: 1.4 miles

Suck it :p

I'll go tomorrow, and check things out.

You know, just to rub it in, I decided to go on google maps, and check the distances. Here's what I got:

You live in bucktown/logan square/lincoln park area? I can't imagine there are too many places other than that are that have a MC and TD within .1 miles.

I asked the game clerk at the microcenter in Kansas city about this, specifically was it reservable? She said no and they were expecting only about 20 copies and that store employees were buying most of those 20. She said if there were any left after employees each got one, they would be in stock for minutes only.

Might as well not even try with a report like that.

YOU GO TO HELL :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess the only response I could have is that my girlfriend works at Fry's Electronics and lets me use her discount. Doesn't even come close to MC processor prices, but getting Antec case fans for $6 each is pretty nice...

If the 49 dollar deal turns out to be true that's cool.

Too bad the closest microcenter is a 2+ hour round trip for me here in the DFW area. Thus negating any savings via my time/gas/traffic.

I actually bought it last night straight from battle.net - price 64 dollars with all taxes and such. Sure it's the normal price for a game these days, but Dallas traffic and paying for a ton of gas? No thanks I'll cough up the extra 10 dollars and take a 2 hour nap and be out zero money in the long run :)

Very excited about the release next week.

Pretty good deal.

I got mine for $49.99 from Newegg with $0 taxes and shipping. /gloat

It's my reward for reading their two or three daily promotional emails each and every day.

Excellent coincidence, I'm driving back to Illinois today and will be only 15 minutes away from a Microcenter! :D

Fyi, its $49.99 on the 15th, they dont have them for sale yet I dont think. I found out that Microcenters may have very limited supply, as in 20 or so copies so you better be among the first people into the doors on Tuesday. Not sure if this is universally true for all Microcenters but, be prepared... You might want to call first.

YOU GO TO HELL :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess the only response I could have is that my girlfriend works at Fry's Electronics and lets me use her discount. Doesn't even come close to MC processor prices, but getting Antec case fans for $6 each is pretty nice...

Don't be too upset, sales tax there is 10.5%, and the traffic is hell, so it's almost not worth it.

Fyi, its $49.99 on the 15th, they dont have them for sale yet I dont think. I found out that Microcenters may have very limited supply, as in 20 or so copies so you better be among the first people into the doors on Tuesday. Not sure if this is universally true for all Microcenters but, be prepared... You might want to call first.

Yea i don't think i'm going to wait in line for hours in hopes of getting one for 10 dollars off (not worth 1 hour of my time) and possibly being left empty handed. Hopefully Fry's pricematch since its near the microcenter and they don't know about their limited supply.

Drive 20 miles/30 mins each way to save 10$?

25mpg means 6 bucks in gas. That's figuring zero traffic jams/accidents.

Spend an hour to save 4$.... lawl.

Now if I was going to grab a new IB CPU.. it'd be worth it. But I have not decided what case I want to build with yet so no mobo :p

I live about 15 minutes from MC, but I'm going to pass and get the digital copy from bnet. When you add in tax, gas, and time, it's probably about the same price.

Maybe you should go lie down

Yea i don't think i'm going to wait in line for hours in hopes of getting one for 10 dollars off (not worth 1 hour of my time) and possibly being left empty handed. Hopefully Fry's pricematch since its near the microcenter and they don't know about their limited supply.

Yup. I am planning to PM at Best Buy. I am hopping they do it. I got two shots since I got two BB's near me. My MC is an hour away and my Frys is 45 mins away. :(

Thats strange....hmmm. I doubt it was a price mistake.. If its 59.99, why bother heh. I saw the flyer, it said $49.99.

BB won't price match if the store is an hour away, hell they won't pricematch if it's 45 minutes away.

Just cancelled the Amazon order. Will check it on TUE for sure.

BB won't price match if the store is an hour away, hell they won't pricematch if it's 45 minutes away.

I have been doing this stuff a long time and am pretty smart when it comes to talking to BB employees. :p Well see what happens.

MC is playing games. Received a new catalog in email with a price of $59.99.

I'll be ok. I have a $10 RZ credit thanks to my BBY Mastercard and I just redeemed points on another card for a $50 BestBuy gift card. Good deal :)

To reiterate, MC now has no current advertisement listing Diablo III at $49.99. Those of you canceling your pre-orders etc and hellbent on playing on Day 1, be warned.

Back