Diablo 3 : Artisans

It seems like a relatively new concept that I'm willing to try out. Hopefully these purchased/crafted goods can be just as good as the end game elite drops.

*edit - I've not seen another game use this before, but I could be wrong.

Looks like there expanding upon the idea of Charsi from Diablo 2 and the Blacksmith in Harrogath from the LOD expansion with added crafting.

Sounds good to me, it will add more dimension to the game.

Not new I'm affraid, a very similar system was used in a not so well implemented game (ironically from one of the creators of Diablo 2, Bill Roper) Hellgate: London :D

I liked the part where I watched the Red Dead Redemption commercial then didn't get to watch the video. Fuck you GameTrailers.

And here I was forgetting about it so I would stop thinking about it... that urge to play has resurfaced as soon as I saw the Diablo 3 logo with that audio at the start.

I liked the part where I watched the Red Dead Redemption commercial then didn't get to watch the video. Fuck you GameTrailers.

Yea, I had to YouTube it. It seems like a good system, though I have mixed feeling about needing to repair equipment.

You did not miss much. Nothing really that new here. I'm losing my lust for D3 by the day it seems.

Not bad. I'm definitely for anything that improves the selection of items you can get at a town. With D2 your only options are a small selection of identified items or an unlimited selection of obscenely expensive gambled items. The Artisan crafting ability looks to provide a nice medium - still a lot of random properties, and still probably more expensive than regular items, but a better ability to pick what you want. And maybe salvaging will make it worth while to pick up white/blue items again? I'm liking the sound of this better than Torchlight's Imbue ability, which I felt was extremely OP.

The witch doctor looks like it has some cool spells and is kind of a spooky character but it feels out of place in the Diablo world.

"Welcome to Kurast, traveler. Few come willingly to this ancient city anymore".

Last edited:
Cliffs for those of us not able to watch videos at work?

Artisans are blacksmiths that can be found ingame that can socket your items with gems and craft new armor for you.

You can also find rare plans off monster drops and have the Artisan craft that item for you. You also have a scavanger option where you can dismantle items, weapons and armor you find and cant use or dont want. The Artisan can also be upgraded. There are different Artisans throughout the world of Sanctuary that can be found I'm assuming they will have special talents and be able to give the player different options.

Artisans are blacksmiths that can be found ingame that can socket your items with gems and craft new armor for you.

You can also find rare plans off monster drops and have the Artisan craft that item for you. You also have a scavanger option where you can dismantle items, weapons and armor you find and cant use or dont want. The Artisan can also be upgraded. There are different Artisans throughout the world of Sanctuary that can be found I'm assuming they will have special talents and be able to give the player different options.

Cool, thank you.

Most games have crafting pretty useless, but hopefully D3's is worthwhile. It definitely adds to a game and gives more things to do, not to mention the in-game economy it boosts to high heavens.

I'm thinking the random stats on creation of new items could be maddening.

So F'n hyped for this!

Spent so much time with Diablo II through my high school years that sometimes I wonder how I managed to graduate.

So F'n hyped for this!

Spent so much time with Diablo II through my high school years that sometimes I wonder how I managed to graduate.

lol me too! I enjoyed going to school, coming back home, and seeing what goodies D2JSP found for me... heheheh

Because! I need my 775 defense enigma and willing to pay quadruple what I would for a lowly 750-774 defense one!

That's just how Diablo players are: they take min/maxing to the very extreme.

That's because the availability of all the good items was artificially inflated due to duping techniques and botting which led to everyone having runewords easily. The entire point of these kinds of games is to get the best gear and character build possible. When you can easily get all of the great runewords there really isn't anything left to do but tinker over perfection. I remade my level 95 smiter over 5 vitality once when I upgraded my ptorch from 15 stats to a perfect 20. :p

To this day I still play D2.. can't wait for D3.

I really hope they're able to control the cheating/duping however they need to make some of the more powerful items somewhat attainable. Getting High runes in D2 was a near impossibility even botting 24/7

Because! I need my 775 defense enigma and willing to pay quadruple what I would for a lowly 750-774 defense one!

That's just how Diablo players are: they take min/maxing to the very extreme.

Unique items and rune words pretty much killed Diablo 2 for me. Who remembers vanilla Daiblo 2? RARE ORNATE PLATE 800DEF RARE LANCES You never went into a dueling game and saw 6 paladins all wearing exactly the same thing or anything like that. Everyone was different, you didn't have shit like Enigma that you knew was going to give you 80 strength. Fuck you Blizzard.

Unique items and rune words pretty much killed Diablo 2 for me. Who remembers vanilla Daiblo 2? RARE ORNATE PLATE 800DEF RARE LANCES You never went into a dueling game and saw 6 paladins all wearing exactly the same thing or anything like that. Everyone was different, you didn't have shit like Enigma that you knew was going to give you 80 strength. Fuck you Blizzard.

Hmm. I started up in 1.08 LoD so I never played classic, how was trading? I definitely disliked how runewords raped the economy. I'm curious how trading was back then without static items and an obvious currency.

Hmm. I started up in 1.08 LoD so I never played classic, how was trading? I definitely disliked how runewords raped the economy. I'm curious how trading was back then without static items and an obvious currency.

SOJs were the currency back then. People would want certain ED armor and weapons as there weren't even nightmare level uniques yet. Pskulls were at one point some form as currency but SOJs were it. They were the best caster rings as they still are.

Back