Diablo 2 + Expansion $4.91 | Starcraft Battlechest $4.91 or $6.29

i bit as well, thanks.. i was actually part of the diablo 2 beta back in the day.. but i deliberately decided not to buy the game because i didnt want to get addicted to it and waste all my time lol.. but now i kinda regret it since it was obviously such a fun game.. so at least now i can start to enjoy it a little... as for the shitty graphics, im old and come from atari 2600 days so old school games and poor gfx do not bother me.. its all about the gameplay

If running Vista, make sure to right click the blizzard downloader file and run as admin.

Are the keys now $5.45?

Wow, that worked. Strange I didn't have to run the original D2 installer as admin to make it work. Thanks a lot!

Also, yes, the keys appear to have gone up in price a bit. It's still a steal - Blizzard wants what, $40 for the battle chest? I'm not payin' $35 for the strategy guide and a few CDs. It took almost 8 full hours to get my keys, but I did, and they're legit. Great deal!

it says that it is 5.45 until you checkout, then it drops to the same price as was mentioned before.

i bit as well, thanks.. i was actually part of the diablo 2 beta back in the day.. but i deliberately decided not to buy the game because i didnt want to get addicted to it and waste all my time lol.. but now i kinda regret it since it was obviously such a fun game.. so at least now i can start to enjoy it a little... as for the shitty graphics, im old and come from atari 2600 days so old school games and poor gfx do not bother me.. its all about the gameplay

word on the 2600, that was my only console as the kid in the 80s/90s

From my cd install last night, after updating to 1.12a I didnt need to put in the cd.

Nope not happening here. I have v1.12a and still needs the disc to play.
Doing the download from Blizzard right now on another machine to see what happens.

Nope not happening here. I have v1.12a and still needs the disc to play.
Doing the download from Blizzard right now on another machine to see what happens.
If you look at the patch readme, it states:

For users that originally performed a 'Full Installation' and wish to run without the CD, all '.MPQ' files should be copied from the Diablo 2 CDs to the Diablo 2 directory. Most users will only need to copy D2Music.mpq from the Diablo 2 Play CD and/or D2xMusic.mpq from the Lord of Destruction CD. Mac users will need to copy these music files and rename them to 'Diablo II Music' and 'Diablo II Expansion Music' respectively.

Anyone who did not perform a 'Full Installation' will need to re-install from CD again to ultimately play without the CD. In this case, a 'Full Installation' is required, followed by file
copy step noted above.

Hope that helps a bit. Didn't have the issue as I downloaded the game from Blizzard.

I bought one just to mule and rush new characters. Registered and works on bnet.

It states they have 0 in stock now. They had 4100 a couple days ago.

fwiw, it's listed as 5.45, but you get a discount on your first order for making an account...which takes it down below $5

Not that I was really concerned about $.50 :p

Meh, accidentally upgraded my Paypal account to premier. I was going to hold off until I downgraded back to basic to jump on this but as the stocks seemed to begin run out and the prices go up I decided it was now or never and bit. Never did Paypal stuff so I'll have to see how a premier account goes.

Now I just gotta wait. :)

Just grabbed a set. They now give you the keys directly on the page after paying through paypal without waiting. Keys worked fine.

Ok, grabbed one. :)

Just figured out how to get it. I'm silly and apparently they gave me the key right when I ordered. I saw everyone else having to wait for it so I did too, even though I wasn't sure about that key they gave me, which later I found out from reading this thread was used to get me the real key. :p

Thanks for the deal OP! This one is scorching! :D

I picked up two since I never got around to playing it. Might run through it with my 6 year old son for some bonding time. Wonder if it's worth breaking out the two Voodoo5's I have to put into some old systems.

do you have to 'checkout' to purchase, or is there an option to just digital download

Thanks OP! $5 for a game I was planning to pay $20 for is a great deal.
editagain: lol im just kinda stupid, the email says they are the cd keys but if you go to your battle net account and look at the game they give you the actual cd keys.... hope that helps someone

I also hit this problem, and this did indeed help. Thanks for the tip, I didn't even notice the "View game key" thing until you mentioned it.

Thanks OP

I'm having a problem, however. I placed my order, and it took me to paypal - but the amount in the paypal subtotal is 294.82(!!!!). What?

Where did I go wrong?

Got a set - got my keys shown to me as soon as the PayPal transaction completed.

Paid and received my keys during checkout, registered them at Blizzard.com just fine....thanks OP

OP I can't thank you enough for this. A couple of us guys at work were talking about starting this so we ordered 10 copies of this. Man this brings out the good ol' days of gaming

DIABLO 2 is a nice lil change of pace from all the action online shooters i have been playing.... this is great retro fun.

makes me wanna dig out my SYSTEM SHOCK 2 disc

Sweet, I just noticed that they now have Starcraft + Brood War for $4.91 as well.

does anyone get the feeling that you are supporting a rogue nuclear weapons program by purchasing downloadable software from China ?

Well, I just jumped on the Starcraft Anthology. Works just like the Diablo II keys. Downloading from Blizzard now.

Just purchased Diablo 2 and expansion for $4.95 and recieved 2 cd-keys on the webpage immediatly after payment. Did i purchase the correct ones?

yes

EDIT-

Just bought the starcraft/broodwar keys, added to blizzard store works great DLin now... WHOOOHOOO

Back