Diablo 2 + Expansion $4.91 | Starcraft Battlechest $4.91 or $6.29

I paid without using paypal.

Got confirmation of payment within seconds, so we'll see how it goes from here.

Just bought it a couple minutes ago and had my keys in less than 2 minutes.

Sucks that my download is going so slow. I'll just leave this on overnight.

Price go up? Seeing 5.45 now, though just the D2 key is only 2.95.. Never really got into the expansion any way :p

Just bought it a couple minutes ago and had my keys in less than 2 minutes.

Sucks that my download is going so slow. I'll just leave this on overnight.

yea, ya got to love blizzards p2p electronic download system. this is rubbish im getting 20 KB/s download and uploading at 49 KB/s

been waiting 2 hours now and 89% downloaded. COME ON HURRY UP!!
edit- sry forwhat I wrote before I'ma little drunk (hard day at work )
:p

Thanks op picked one up

edit: humm looks like a problem, i regestered the cd keys and that worked fine but on the install screen it asked for a 26 digit cd key and the cd keys i got are only 16.... wont let me install the game... anyone else have this problem?

editagain: lol im just kinda stupid, the email says they are the cd keys but if you go to your battle net account and look at the game they give you the actual cd keys.... hope that helps someone

it did atcually thx

Should I install to the d2 directory or to a new one?
EDIT: Sorry, I need to explain more, I had d2 and I just bought LOD should I install to the existing d2 directory or create a new one named lord of destruction or something:confused:

i bit. thanks for the heads up on this deal. now just waiting for my keys....my buddy who ordered his at the same time i did received his keys in about 5 minutes....seems like i dont have as good of luck!

yea, ya got to love blizzards p2p electronic download system. this is rubbish im getting 20 KB/s download and uploading at 49 KB/s

i get easy 160-300kb/s game downloaded in around 2 hours ish for me
this was a quick shot of the expansion downloading... soon after it was averaging about 250kb
blizzardql0.jpg

Should I install to the d2 directory or to a new one?
EDIT: Sorry, I need to explain more, I had d2 and I just bought LOD should I install to the existing d2 directory or create a new one named lord of destruction or something:confused:

It installs into the same folder......It should all be in the same folder.

has anyone got a deal for SC as well? I lost all my keys when I moved a few years back and I'm feigning for some oldschool gaming. Just bought this (THANKS!), but I'd love to have SC2 and the expansion for the same rate =)

Holy shit.

This is an amazing deal for the D2 hacker :)

$5 for a set of keys? What the balls. Im in for 4.

I bought just the LOD key as i have D2 sitting right here. Got the key in about an hour, then downloaded the cd from blizzard. Now to play again i guess.

has anyone got a deal for SC as well? I lost all my keys when I moved a few years back and I'm feigning for some oldschool gaming. Just bought this (THANKS!), but I'd love to have SC2 and the expansion for the same rate =)

that game is so old it's probably free by now, it might be abandon ware:D

i just copped this....i will enjoy a nice romp thru d2 once again

great game that never gets old

too bad it doesn't work on Intel Macs :(

Really? Wow, that would stink. Being one of few gaming companies who publish games for Macs, you'd think Diablo 2 would work on the new macs. That seems weird that it doesn't work since the same cpu works on Windows platforms.

Really? Wow, that would stink. Being one of few gaming companies who publish games for Macs, you'd think Diablo 2 would work on the new macs. That seems weird that it doesn't work since the same cpu works on Windows platforms.
It would take a lot of work. You have to understand that Diablo II is so old, it was originally written for the Glide API (of 3dfx fame). To run it now, you can either use a Glide wrapper -- something that handles the Glide calls and "translates" them into Direct3D or OpenGL calls, depending on the wrapper; or you can run the game in Direct3D mode, or in Direct2D mode.

To run this game on an Intel Mac, you need to install Darwine (same as Wine for Linux, just for Macs). That will give you the proper compatibility layer. You might need to use a Glide OpenGL wrapper, since Macs don't natively support DirectX. You could also try Parallels Desktop for Mac in place of Darwine, or you could simply dual-boot with Windows XP. The last one is the best solution.

Thanks for the heads up. I lost my keys years ago and I haven't been able to play on BattleNet. I'm looking forward to revisiting this game.

Yeah it was originally made for Mac OS 9 so the PPC Mac's would just use emulation to play it, but I guess Blizzard offers some Native OS X installer for Diablo 2, I just googled it.

Great catch OP - I bit. I had my disks but lost my keys in a move (stupid idea putting cds in book instead of original case) and can now play again. Thanks!

In for one set... got my keys in 1 hour... registered them on blizzards site.

Its legit ladies and germs!

ordered and just got the email with my CD KEYS

cant wait to get home and download it on the 22 incher

yep...full screen on a 22" is really ugly, best to play it in windowed mode.

Ordered mine at 4:30PM yesterday, got them at 4:30AM today. Oh well, can't beat the price.

Went to bed at 8:00PM anyway.

ordered it this morning and 2 hours later got the keys, I am downloading it right now.

It would take a lot of work. You have to understand that Diablo II is so old, it was originally written for the Glide API (of 3dfx fame). To run it now, you can either use a Glide wrapper -- something that handles the Glide calls and "translates" them into Direct3D or OpenGL calls, depending on the wrapper; or you can run the game in Direct3D mode, or in Direct2D mode.

To run this game on an Intel Mac, you need to install Darwine (same as Wine for Linux, just for Macs). That will give you the proper compatibility layer. You might need to use a Glide OpenGL wrapper, since Macs don't natively support DirectX. You could also try Parallels Desktop for Mac in place of Darwine, or you could simply dual-boot with Windows XP. The last one is the best solution.

I was around for the Glide wrapper days and used one with my old TNT2 ultra (eventually went back to the voodoo 3).

I thought that there must be some incompatibility with Glide and I thought there would be some way around that since OSX was based on Linux, I just didn't know the solution. I don't need it since I only have my WinXP and Vista machines, but good info for those who need it.

Back