DHzer0point Nvidia 0.7803

Dunamis

[H]Lurker Supreme[/H]
pasted from [H]:
DriverHeaven has released their tweaked version of the nVidia Forceware 78.03 Beta which addressed the shimmering issue. With a rewritten and enhanced Tweak Base so both older cards as well as new ones should see a performance boost.
Unified performance, set the performance slider where you prefer for performance, the set defaults to HIGH Quality. SLI problems should be fixed, 7800GTX/GT Support, PCI Tool Included, Doom3 Optimizations completely rewritten, up to an 11% performance gain reported, Source Engine Optimizations redone, performance gains up to 5% reported in some instances, Full Mobility Support, Negative LOD bias Allowed.

Are they any good? link

I am using these drivers, so far so good, IQ definitely seems good, but I have not played a bunch yet, more to come...

[em]HEAT said:
What does this mean anyway? [Negative LOD bias Allowed] Or I should ask, what does it do?
Wasn't clamp suppose to fix/reduce the shimmering issues?

downloaded the drivers and installed them....first impression,AWESOME! almost totally fixed the small graphical issue i am having with americas army...they seem just as fast....ill run 3dmark05 and post a score...

I have a small drop (within normal error bounds) in synthetic benches with these drivers, but IQ seems to be a bit better in real games and speed is good. LESS shimmer, not all gone though...maybe just typical graphical anomalies...the only shimmer I notice is on like, grating that you can see through, or a chain link fence....not bad though and certainly does not bother me.

Better than the 77's so I am keeping them. Remember you MUST have IQ set to "high" quality....

TheRapture said:
I have a small drop (within normal error bounds) in synthetic benches with these drivers, but IQ seems to be a bit better in real games and speed is good. LESS shimmer, not all gone though...maybe just typical graphical anomalies...the only shimmer I notice is on like, grating that you can see through, or a chain link fence....not bad though and certainly does not bother me.

Better than the 77's so I am keeping them. Remember you MUST have IQ set to "high" quality....
Same here, ran 3DMark05 drop a few points, nothing major. "High quality" seems to be the same as in ver 77.77.

Back