DFI Nf4 sli-dr expert In Stock!!!!

I have yet to see monarchcomputer.com run out. they just keep bumping up the price little by little.

Is stock performance equal to or greater than the Asus A8N32-SLI(anandtech benchmarks look pretty good...)? Because I need to build a new PC but I dunno if I should wait for the A8N32 or get this. If the performance on the DFI is about the same then I'd rather get that because it is cheaper...

If you're a noob with computers, you'll be better off with the Asus, but if you like tweaking stuff than this one is for you...

I like the dfi much better then asus solution. The layout is much cleaner, the oc's are higher and theres isnt 4 pages long of issues with the board at dfi's site, unlike the asus board. The only shortcoming of the dfi board is the sil3134 chip in the southbridge instead of the 3132 chip. The A8n32 16x16 pcie bus looks attractive but from what I understand does nothing for preformance. .The board is also $30bux cheaper. Just my opinion though...

I will wait for ASUS, A8N32 will kill Expert next summer with x16 with 8800GTXXXXX

I doubt that, x16 is only benificial in low res envioronments which cause a games fps to rise dramatically. Games played at a higher res and at around 60 to 80 fps show no real increase in preformance, theres just not enough information to saturate the bus at high res settings. But, I digress, we all know what happens when we attempt to pridict the future (crossfire anyone?)

exe163 said:
I will wait for ASUS, A8N32 will kill Expert next summer with x16 with 8800GTXXXXX
Ok so far from ALL the reviews that Ive read, the x16 chipset has almost zero increase in performance compared to the standard SLI chipset. As far as killing? I really like my Expert as it kicks major ass in the OC arena, somewhere Asus isnt touching this round. Ive been able to crank up my OpterOwn to 350FSB and its still going, but due to my RAM being defective, I have to stop right now.

DangerIsGo said:
Ok so far from ALL the reviews that Ive read, the x16 chipset has almost zero increase in performance compared to the standard SLI chipset. As far as killing? I really like my Expert as it kicks major ass in the OC arena, somewhere Asus isnt touching this round. Ive been able to crank up my OpterOwn to 350FSB and its still going, but due to my RAM being defective, I have to stop right now.

That is because every video card out now can't saturate the full 16x bandwidth. I think it's closer to 8x. However the increased dual 16x will prove to be useful when video cards apps require that much bandwidth.

PolarbearBigEd said:
That is because every video card out now can't saturate the full 16x bandwidth. I think it's closer to 8x. However the increased dual 16x will prove to be useful when video cards apps require that much bandwidth.
That may be true but its not going to happen in the a8n32s lifetime. And again, cards only need the bandwidth if they are putting out massive fps. Believe it or not high res images average fps use less bandwidth then low res high fps situations. The reason for this is at each frame the cards need to comnicate with each other, eating up bandwidth. A highres image at 60 fps uses less bw then a lowres image at 275fps

fiberoptik said:
That may be true but its not going to happen in the a8n32s lifetime. ..............common sense..................

For EVERYONE stating there is no need /no application for the 2x 16 link, you obviously do not run anything greater than 1600 x 1200 resolution on your monitors.

If you have anything greater than 1600 x 1200 you will NEED to have the A8N32.
I run 1920 x 1200 and it performs just ok with my 7800GTX and BF2.
I get around 40-60 FPS on Karkand with Ultra high mode, 2x AA, and medium dynamic shadows and dynamic lighting.
The PQ is amazing though as I get many people coming over and saying that is an awesome setup.
But I am not satisfied until I am easily over 80 FPS.
I really want to turn everything up a motch also!

Stuff that matters:
<ASUS A8N-E> <A643200 OC 2.5Ghz> <2GB Corsair 3200 Pro> <WD740 10K raptor> <7800GTX XFX @ 450mhz>

JonDoms said:
For EVERYONE stating there is no need /no application for the 2x 16 link, you obviously do not run anything greater than 1600 x 1200 resolution on your monitors.

If you have anything greater than 1600 x 1200 you will NEED to have the A8N32.

Apparently you cant read.... High resolutions are exactly why we dont need x16 yet... The higher the resolution the LESS bandwidth they two cards need to communicate with each other... At high resolutions the cards render slowly, eating up very little bandwidth in relaying image data.

JonDoms said:
, 2x AA, and medium dynamic shadows and dynamic lighting.
The PQ is amazing though as I get many people coming over and saying that is an awesome setup.
But I am not satisfied until I am easily over 80 FPS.
I really want to turn everything up a motch also!

Why would you need any type of AA at 1920x1200

Back