DFI Launches LANParty UT P35 series...

jeebus, one ugly board. Anyways, knowing DFI, it's most likely a tinkerers dream come true. Very unstable unless tweaked to perfection but then, yes then, you have a rocket ship....

(remembering my DFILanpart NF4 Ultra board)

DFI always optimizes their slot layout. I wish other companies would follow.

I'm very interested in how the external heatpipe performs. :) That alone may convince me to upgrade from my QuadGT.

Yeah, it looks like it's catching the exhaust from the rear 120mm fan. Would be a rather efficient (not to mention brilliant) use of resources already being employed if it turns out to work.

jeebus, one ugly board. Anyways, knowing DFI, it's most likely a tinkerers dream come true. Very unstable unless tweaked to perfection but then, yes then, you have a rocket ship....

(remembering my DFILanpart NF4 Ultra board)

I've always found DFI boards extremely easy to setup and tune myself (remembering my DFI LP NF4 Ultra D board).............:D But that's just me.

I've always found DFI boards extremely easy to setup and tune myself (remembering my DFI LP NF4 Ultra D board).............:D But that's just me.

Yeah, but you cheat... you draw an inverted pentagram, with a pictogram of Oscar Wu seated Buddha-like in the center, on the motherboard tray underneath the mounted board! :p

Ugly is right but it might just be the way the pic was shot.

I could imagine this thing will cost an arm and a leg.

& everyone else will be shipping X38s by the time that this hits retail ...

& everyone else will be shipping X38s by the time that this hits retail ...

That had occured to me, as well. But DFI is usually the last to step onto the field with any new chipset. Often to good effect, though.

That had occured to me, as well. But DFI is usually the last to step onto the field with any new chipset. Often to good effect, though.

Just because they've had good products in the past doesn't mean they've mastered the C2D yet. Which I hope they do.

Just because they've had good products in the past doesn't mean they've mastered the C2D yet. Which I hope they do.

They did pretty well with their P965 board, didn't they?

Anyways... sounds like a real nice board. Looks like poop though, not sure I want that much green in my case, lol. And here I just went out and bought a blue cold cathode....

They did pretty well with their P965 board, didn't they?

Not really, they had a very high % of squealing boards, it wasn't any better than e.g. the AB9 QuadGT & again people were buying P35s pretty much before the DFI 965-S hit retail (admittedly Asus & Gigabyte jumped the gun by a month).

I'll give them credit on being innovative, kinda looks like they dropped it in a pond for awhile and let it algae up.

you can put the heatpipe almost anywhere, its pretty cool. you can put it externally, you can put it internally based off the bottom heatpipe. its pretty cool. i cant wait to see what dfi does this time, this board already got the fsb wr of 666 fsb with oskar wu in the drivers seat.

they mention next week but allow time for initial air shipment & distribution to retailers.
then the bulk shipments will go by sea so they'll probably be on the water for a month.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the retail mobos can match the ES.

That's indeed always the question if the retail baords behave like those in the tests centers, though I read several times Oscra want's the baords for the retail clients to be bulletproof at 600FSB :eek:

Only time will tell :p

Well, a lot of the colors are little or not attempt at color correction. I mean, they manage to get what I'm sure is a black PCB looking slime green. The heatsinks I'm sure are gray, not greenish also. I suspect if someone were to do even basic color correction, it would look a bit better.

I'm kind of waiting on the ASUS Blitz Extreme, to see if it comes to the USA...and depending on when it comes, if I get it or wait for an X38 board. Will almost be a coin flip for me, based on what is out when I suppose.

I've had good luck with DFI boards though, so assuming it isn't REALLY slime green, I'd consider it. ;) Only "bad" board was one a guy sold me on e-bay that he knew as bad, then tried to get me to RMA it for him. Had to have Paypal arbitrate for me to get my money back on that one.

Well, a lot of the colors are little or not attempt at color correction. I mean, they manage to get what I'm sure is a black PCB looking slime green. The heatsinks I'm sure are gray, not greenish also. I suspect if someone were to do even basic color correction, it would look a bit better.

I'm kind of waiting on the ASUS Blitz Extreme, to see if it comes to the USA...and depending on when it comes, if I get it or wait for an X38 board. Will almost be a coin flip for me, based on what is out when I suppose.

I've had good luck with DFI boards though, so assuming it isn't REALLY slime green, I'd consider it. ;) Only "bad" board was one a guy sold me on e-bay that he knew as bad, then tried to get me to RMA it for him. Had to have Paypal arbitrate for me to get my money back on that one.

Asus Blitz? Will it be as expensive as the Striker when it was released 0.o

And that sucks about your buy on e-bay... some people are such bastards.....

Yeah, that's one fugly board - they should have stayed w/ the 'classic' DFI colors here :(. But whatever, are you really going to care, esp when the system is populated? As long as it runs well and overclocks like a btch - 672 FSB is nice, but I want to see what it can do w/ 'normal' retail CPU and cooling (ie: air/water, cascade/LN2/etc is useless for the majority of their customers). I saw some reference to NVIDIA and SLI re: the green color but I doubt it for a few reasons...A) why would they change what worked there (the old colors were fine)...and B) With the CF compatibility and AMD owning ATI, it seems more plausible to have those ugly green slots, rather than what they did w/ the ATI (RDX?) boards..

I understand the optimizing the slot layout for 3xcard cooling, but that pretty much leaves NOTHING available for expansion. 1xpci-e 1, 3 PCI slots (of which only 1 maybe 2 useable if you use the PCIe + CF...Not that I'm interested in that - tell me is it possible to use any of the PCIe x16 slots for something OTHER than graphics (ie: if I wanted to use multiple tuner cards, a RAID card, what have you....)? And is there even a pci-e slot? The sound module has to go somewhere, and they mention 'near' the pci stuff...So maybe it's only 3x pci-e 16 & the old school PCI slots?

Oh well, lots of rambling for naught. This board will in all likelyhood be too expensive for me to consider for my C2Q build...I think $150, maybe $200 is pushing it for ANY board, I don't care who the engineer is who designed the damned thing. But then again, at least here (and w/ Oskar @ the helm) you stand a really good chance of having an o/cing monster for your Ben Franklins, as opposed to the Striker that was a complete ripoff in the o/c department when you consider it came out @ ~$400+?

/ps sorry if not a lot of this makes sense - I'm running on like 2 1/2 hours sleep + coffee :p.

Asus Blitz? Will it be as expensive as the Striker when it was released 0.o
well, it's dearer than the Striker is now - expect around $325

Not that I'm interested in that - tell me is it possible to use any of the PCIe x16 slots for something OTHER than graphics (ie: if I wanted to use multiple tuner cards, a RAID card, what have you....)? .
It should be but until someone has one ...
That's 1 of the things that annoys me about the people that complain about the Gb LAN on the IP35 Pro being on PCI rather than PCI-E - at least with 2 gfx cards in use the other PCI-E is still usable whereas other boards disable it - there are pros & cons to the decision but people only ever see the con. :rolleyes:

If this isn't due out for another month or two isn't this kind of a day late/dollar short?

I mean, there's so many other options that have a firm grasp on the market right now. Why isn't DFI stepping up?

They're more focused on international markets aren't they?

The US is an international market to them although technically the EU is probably now the single largest market (albeit made up of many different individual markets).

Designing, mfring & marketing a mobo takes a lot of resources & unfortunately DFI are currently mirroring what abit went through prior to USI taking them over - whether it's lack of resources or inability to get equal access to chipsets ...
It's a vicious spiral though as if you can't make a profit from your last mobo then you can't invest in the next.

Back