DFI LANPARTY UT SLI-DR MB issue - 4 red LEDS, no POST. HELP!

Spacy9

Scotch is my Lord and Savior
I took my old computer and moved it to a new case for my daughters to use - it is all put together but will not boot.

Here are the specs:

DFI LANPARTY UT SLI-DR MB
AMD 4400 X2 (939)
2GB Crucial memory
BFG 7800GTX OC

This all worked when it was in my case. I changed out the CPU cooler to a Zalman 9500 - other than that its put back together exactly like it was so I know it used to work.

Now when I boot I hear the HD's on Optical drives spin up and all of the fans come on but the 4 red LEDS in the lower left of the MB stay on and nothing show up on the monitor. All it says about 4 LEDS being on is "System Start Up".

I have turned on the speaker to see if I hear any beeps to help with troubleshooting but there are none. Here is what I have done so far:

1) Took out the graphics card - no change, no beeps
2) Took out all of the memory - no change, no beeps
3) Reseated the CPU just in case - no change, no beeps
4) Set the jumper to load in 'safe mode' - no change, no beeps
5) Set the jumper to clear the CMOS, took the battery out, and unplugged the power cable for 10 mins - no change, no beeps.

Right now I have the CMOS jumper set to clear it, the battery out, all of the power cables unplugged from the MB, and the PSU power unplugged. I'm planning on letting it sit over night to see if it makes any difference.

Any ideas or suggestions you can give me would be a big help. I don't have another CPU to try so I don't know if that may be the issue or not.

Thanks in advance.

When you transfered it to the new case, did you make sure that the motherboard stand-offs were the same in the new case as they were in the old one? Maybe you missed one and the board is being shorted to the case?

verncat05 said:
When you transfered it to the new case, did you make sure that the motherboard stand-offs were the same in the new case as they were in the old one? Maybe you missed one and the board is being shorted to the case?

Yep, double checked that too. All the holes have screws, paper washers, and standoffs. None missing and as far as I can tell nothing touching the metal MB holder except the standoffs..

i think 4 error lights is a CPU failure...

look over at DFI streets though

Back