DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D PSU

Actuary

2[H]4U
Does the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D require a 20 or 24 pin connection? Just curious, because either way the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 ATX12V 480W PS should be able to handle it, I believe. One question though, it seems to me that the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 ATX12V 480W and the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 BLUE ATX12V 480W Power Supply are identical except that the second one comes with blue LEDS. If so, why is the second one $10 cheaper?

joeshmo1985 said:
Does the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D require a 20 or 24 pin connection? Just curious, because either way the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 ATX12V 480W PS should be able to handle it, I believe. One question though, it seems to me that the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 ATX12V 480W and the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-480 BLUE ATX12V 480W Power Supply are identical except that the second one comes with blue LEDS. If so, why is the second one $10 cheaper?

All the info you'll need...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

24pin and dont forget to plug in the extra 4 pin (as well as the 24pin), the molex and the floppy connector too.

As you are getting a PCI-E board you may as well get an ATX2 PSU with a PCI-E connector plug too.

However, I havent bothered with the floppy power connector.

daglesj said:
24pin and dont forget to plug in the extra 4 pin (as well as the 24pin), the molex and the floppy connector too.

As you are getting a PCI-E board you may as well get an ATX2 PSU with a PCI-E connector plug too.

However, I havent bothered with the floppy power connector.
i second that and a good choice is the fortron blue storm...i reccomend that to everyone, lol

I'm still trying to decide on a case for my rig, other forum members said that the coolermaster Cavalier was a good case, only $57.50. On newegg, however, there were some complaints about poor airflow So I'm tempted to get a $122 Lian-Li, at least I know it will last for forever. Ugh so many decisions when buiding a comp for the first time. I'm also torn between the Fortron and the Antec TrupowerII 480W. Both are quality PSU's. I might go with the antec though, simply because on newegg where I order the rest of my parts it is cheaper than the Fortron.

joeshmo1985 said:
I'm still trying to decide on a case for my rig, other forum members said that the coolermaster Cavalier was a good case, only $57.50. On newegg, however, there were some complaints about poor airflow So I'm tempted to get a $122 Lian-Li, at least I know it will last for forever. Ugh so many decisions when buiding a comp for the first time.
ever consider an antec super lanboy? i have one and its nice :D

Yeah for a bit I considered the Super Lanboy, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129145 , the only things I'm concerned with are sturdiness, cooling(since I'll be using the stock heatsink and fan on the PSU), and room for Hard Drives. With 4 internal slots I know I'll have room for 3 hard drives(eventually I'll probably have 3x Seagate 160 gb, I like to download a lot of movies and such), so I know there's plenty of room. Can you offer your experience with the case in terms of cooling, sturdiness and durability, and how easy it is to put together? I'm a little concerned that it's all aluminum(steel seems to be sturdier). Only bad thing is it won't match the black monitor I planned to get(NEC FE-992 19", going with a CRT because it's cheaper and I game a lot. Shame I can't afford a nice 6800GT, gotta settle for the 6600GT instead.)

joeshmo1985 said:
Yeah for a bit I considered the Super Lanboy, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129145 , the only things I'm concerned with are sturdiness, cooling(since I'll be using the stock heatsink and fan on the PSU), and room for Hard Drives. With 4 internal slots I know I'll have room for 3 hard drives(eventually I'll probably have 3x Seagate 160 gb, I like to download a lot of movies and such), so I know there's plenty of room. Can you offer your experience with the case in terms of cooling, sturdiness and durability, and how easy it is to put together? I'm a little concerned that it's all aluminum(steel seems to be sturdier). Only bad thing is it won't match the black monitor I planned to get(NEC 19")
its pretty damn sturdy and its light as a feather and the included fans are quiet as hell. Also an advantage of an aluminum case is that it acts as a giant heatsink and helps keep internal components nice and cool. The thing is awesome man you cant go wrong with it

im still using my 20pin thermaltake 480w with same mobo and x800xl

hasn't failed me yet :rolleyes:

i also have antec super lanboy, its very nice. (except for that damn back panel that is very hard to back on right)

Knuckles5 said:
im still using my 20pin thermaltake 480w with same mobo and x800xl

hasn't failed me yet :rolleyes:

i also have antec super lanboy, its very nice. (except for that damn back panel that is very hard to back on right)
what back panel?

If you looking for cases in the $100 range look at the thermatake Tausumi (or however you spell it). I dont normally like cases with front doors but its got 120mm fans mounting front and rear which I now require in any of my non-water cooled rigs. You can get it with a window or not etc. etc. A low cost alternative with 2 120mm fans is
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811190042

the power supply is not something you would wish to use, toss it in the spares closet, but as an example I like cases that have hard drive mounting right in front of the 120mm intake fans. Build a lot of business computers and have had great luck with a lack of hard drive failures and I am convinced this arrangement helps them stay alive. The case above is pretty sturdy as its steel and actually pretty nice inside, not sure if its your cup of tea on looks, I present it as just an example of what I look for in airflow in a case and hard drive mounting.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

joeshmo1985 said:
I'm still trying to decide on a case for my rig, other forum members said that the coolermaster Cavalier was a good case, only $57.50. On newegg, however, there were some complaints about poor airflow So I'm tempted to get a $122 Lian-Li, at least I know it will last for forever. Ugh so many decisions when buiding a comp for the first time. I'm also torn between the Fortron and the Antec TrupowerII 480W. Both are quality PSU's. I might go with the antec though, simply because on newegg where I order the rest of my parts it is cheaper than the Fortron.
Antec Sonata has good cooling (2-120mm) with the front fan directly positioned on the drive cage. If you get the additional Smartfan you'll have zero noise. It's kind of an off color black I would say.

Back