DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra D Network Question...

Ok, I have been using this motherboard for a few months now and finally have it dialed in where I want it.

Today, I was logged in thru my work VPN, and had an issue that I thought may have been caused by my network connection. Turns out it was caused on the work end though.

But... It got me wondering. Is there any benefit to me using one network connection over another? This thing has an Nvidia Forceware connection and a Marvell Yukon connection.

Further, is there any benefit to having both enabled?

I used the Marvell port because it "felt" faster. I don't have any numbers to back it up though.

I'm using the nvidia port now because the marvell port got taken out by a power surge. :(

i have the expert, i dont know if its the same but on the experts, the marvell yukon is at 10/1000 so u can use cat 6 on it. im using the yukon right now cus yeah maybe thegamerz is right it is faster. anyway, the nvidia is 10/100 so its up to you. i say go with the marvell :D and i dont use both of them at once if thats what you're asking on your second question

Wha? no, they're both gigabit! I use whichever one is plugged in, lol. Sorry, I don't see any benefit of one over the other. Though, the NV gigabit is native to the chipset, while the marvell is 3rd party and requires an extra driver.

I have not seen any significant difference between them. I've tried them both over the last couple of weeks.

I had a problem where the NVidia wouldn't always negotiate to gigabit on boot, only after a 'Repair', and the Marvell worked fine. Other than that they seem the same to me.

Back