DFI LanParty JR 790GX-M2RS is finally out

xkon

[H]ard|Gawd
On sale at motherboardpro.com. Do it! Got one already. Impatiently awaiting shipment. Wish it'd get here before friday, but I know for sure that'll never happen.

http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-LanParty-JR-790GX-M2RS-DDR2-AM2-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-p-745.html

Model
LP JR P45-T2RS
Socket AM2+ Motherboard
Socket-940 AM2+65nm CPU for AMD Phenom, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon X2 processors
4 Phase Vcore + 1 phase NB digital PWM

FSB
Hyper Transport 3.0 and 1.0

Chipset
790GX chipset SB750

Memory
128-bit Dual-channel memory architecture
4 240-pin DIMM sockets max 8GB
Supports unbuffered, single/double-side DDRII 667/800 DIMMs
Phenom supports 1066
128MB DDR3 SidePort Memory

Expansion Slots
2 X8 PCIE gen2 slots and Hybrid Crossfire
1 x1 PCIE slots
1 PCI slots

BIOS
8 Mb flash ROM
CMOS Reloaded
ACPI; PnP; Hotkey flash; Wake on Ring/LAN/USB/Keyboard and Mouse

Storage
1 Floppy port
1 parallel IDE ports with up to 133Mbps UltraDMA
6 serial SATAII ports with up to 3Gbs
AMD SB750 supports SATAII ports with RAID 0/1/0+1

LAN
1 GbE LAN by Marvell 8053

Storage
1 Floppy port
1 parallel IDE ports with up to 133Mbps UltraDMA
6 serial SATAII ports with up to 3Gbs
AMD SB750 supports SATAII ports with RAID 0/1/0+1

USB
12 USB2.0 ports
Audio
Realtek ALC885 for 8CH HD audio CODEC

LAN
1 GbE LAN by Marvell 8056

Legacy IO
IT8716F-S
Hardware Monitoring:
CPU/System temperature sensing w/ overheating alarm CPU
overheating protection during system boot-up
12v/5v/3.3v/Vcore/Vdimm/Vnb/Vbat/5Vsb voltages sensing
Current drive CPU temperature sensing
3 Fan speed sensing and 1 Linear fan speed control for CPU fan
EMI Regulations
FCC, CE, Class B

Back panel IO
1 x PS2 mouse, 1 x PS2 keyboard
2 x USB2.0 ports, 1 x RJ45
2 x USB2.0 ports
1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI

Other Onboard Connectors
3 USB header for 6 USB2.0 ports
1 COM
1 5x1-pin for IRDA header
1 4-pin FAN connectors for CPU, 2- 3 pin FAN for Chipset, and 2 for Chassis
24-pin ATX & 8-pin ATX power connectors
Clear CMOS data header
Standby LED, S3 LED
EZ-On and EZ-Touch switches for onboard power on and reset
10x2-pin front panel headers (IDE LED, Power LED, Power switch, Reset button,
PC speaker)
Software Debug LED

Manageability
DMI 2.0, WOL by PME; WOR by PME; PXE2 Boot
Excellent Over-clocking Capability
Voltage tuning:Vdimm ; Vnb ; Vcore,Vsb,VHT
1MHz frequency subtle tuning Fsb
Adjustable CPU Multiplier

Special Feature
Digital PWM provides stable voltage to the CPU and avoids damage to capacitors
Auto Boost System
The ABS technology system provides the convenience of saving and loading
several OC settings. ABS allowing you to use the best OC setting to optimize your
system’s performance. You can “Auto Boost” your system by simply.
Smart connectors
The Smart-Connector makes your connection between front panel and cables of
chassis become easier. Smart connector terminates the troubles of plugging all
the chassis cables to motherboards front panel
OC shut down free fixed
The issue of automatically shut down while overclocking. Now is fixed. No matter
you tweak the CPU FSB or ratio of memory, the system will not power off by itself
again

Accessories
User’s Manual
Auto Boost Installation Guide
1 Parallel IDE flat cable, 1 FDD flat cable
1 SATA cable with 1 Power cable
Driver CD
1 Floppy diskette for SATA RAID SB750 driver
I/O shield
Smart connectors(Front panel, USB)
Mini jumpers

Form Factor
Micro ATX Motherboard Form Factor
uATX, 245x245 mm, 4 Layers, PCB in Black

Warranty
DFI LP JR P45-T2RS
30 Days Motherboard Pro DOA Warranty
3 Year DFI Warranty
top.JPG

sideportram.JPG

sata4.JPG

ram2.JPG

pcie4.JPG

lanchip.JPG

iopanel.JPG

cpu3.JPG

contents.JPG

box.JPG

audio.JPG

This looks like the older version? Didn't they update it to one that is similiar except color to the P45?

Could be an old pic, but the 790GX is AMD's premier chipset and this is the only AMD Crossfire LanParty board they gave me info on. So far they have been pretty good with their launch timetable.

I'm gonna chat with them and see what 'version' this is... make sure it's the updated one. I can't wait to get this board!!!

Sweet!

the picture is wrong too. The description states black PCB.

I can't decide if I should go AMD with this mobo, or the matx intel DDR3 version :confused:

Just wish deneb would come out sooner. I'd get this in a second

Who is up for beta testing this board for DFI??? ;)

heck yah! me too. you're probably kidding but that's why i bought it right when i saw it last night. impulse buy... actually been waiting forever, but yah... woohoo!

i get it on monday!

Looks good. Just not sure if there are AMD processors to accompany it in its mission right now.

It has the +1 phase voltage for the NB.. The Intel DFI JR P45 doesn't have that.

Hope if works out.

Noticed also the USB placement... in between the PCIEx16 slots, rofl what effing failface place to put them.

Noticed also the USB placement... in between the PCIEx16 slots, rofl what effing failface place to put them.

r u talking about the USB header? why not just use the three yellow ones on the edge of the board?

Those are the SATA ports. If you use the headers, they are most likely going to go to the front of the case or that PCI-E x1 slot. Seems reasonable to me.

I just wish they would make one or two great mATX boards, instead of multiple average ones that they are less likely to support.

Explain how those USB headers will work WITHOUT massive clutter or blockage with a dual slot card, or even without one. Forcing people to sacrifice a PCIE slot for a USB plate doesn't seem plausible- MATXs are limited as it is. Hence, what a rofleffing failface place to put them. Why the hell they didn't stick with the P45 layout (everything does look the exact same y'know) is beyond me. At least this one seems to have more room for a lower profile HSF whereas I still cannot find a perfect fitting higher end cooler for my P45 to stuff in a lanbox.

Explain how those USB headers will work WITHOUT massive clutter or blockage with a dual slot card, or even without one. Forcing people to sacrifice a PCIE slot for a USB plate doesn't seem plausible- MATXs are limited as it is. Hence, what a rofleffing failface place to put them. Why the hell they didn't stick with the P45 layout (everything does look the exact same y'know) is beyond me. At least this one seems to have more room for a lower profile HSF whereas I still cannot find a perfect fitting higher end cooler for my P45 to stuff in a lanbox.

Because the usb headers will fit UNDER the heatsink ;) The chipset placement is different because the whole way things are done is different. For instance the NB on an AMD platform can be far away from the memory slots while the CPU needs to be close.

http://translate.google.com/transla...0809/05/200000.php&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://translate.google.com/transla...00/000/169/169767/&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Biostar and Jetway also seem to have 790GX mATX offerings on the way. The Biostar is model# TA790GX XE and the Jetway is model# HA07-ULTRA. Prices range from ~$135US for the Biostar to ~$185US for the DFI.

However, the DFI seems to have Digital Coaxial as well as Optical audio outputs while the Biostar and Jetway only offer analog. It seems to me, however, that the DFI is lacking RAID5 which may dissuade me from purchasing/using this board for my HTPC/Media Server unless I buy a raid card. The fact that the 780G is also much less costly may lead me in that direction.

Hope this information was helpful.

[H]utch;1032998077 said:
http://translate.google.com/transla...0809/05/200000.php&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://translate.google.com/transla...00/000/169/169767/&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Biostar and Jetway also seem to have 790GX mATX offerings on the way. The Biostar is model# TA790GX XE and the Jetway is model# HA07-ULTRA. Prices range from ~$135US for the Biostar to ~$185US for the DFI.

However, the DFI seems to have Digital Coaxial as well as Optical audio outputs while the Biostar and Jetway only offer analog. It seems to me, however, that the DFI is lacking RAID5 which may dissuade me from purchasing/using this board for my HTPC/Media Server unless I buy a raid card. The fact that the 780G is also much less costly may lead me in that direction.

Hope this information was helpful.

I think this is the link for the Biostar board ^^^

woohoo!
Came home from work and a fedex package was waiting for me.... :D it's on the first page.

too excited, but don't have all parts yet, so no go on the build right now... :(

woohoo!
Came home from work and a fedex package was waiting for me.... :D it's on the first page.

too excited, but don't have all parts yet, so no go on the build right now... :(

Sweet. Im ordering mine next month.

You're gonna have to pass on crossfire performance figures if you intend for us to let you live. ;)

lol. someone buy me some video cards and i will! :D planning on doin 4850x2's in crossfire, but can't wait. might pull the trigger on 4870x2's or just a pair of 4870's or 4850's. we'll see how the bank account holds up at the end of the week.

Intel DFI P45 scores:
e8400 @ 3.6ghz
4850CF @ stock

3DMark Score
P9978 3DMarks
CPU Score
Graphics Score

about damn time...I've been waiting all week for this board to hit newegg....any reviews of it up yet?

If you run in hybrid mode,do you use the on board video out or the gfx cards video out? If its the on board out then I don't have to worry about getting a card with HDMI out. If not I would want to get a card with HDMI. Would rather not deal with adapters if I can help it.

Pretty much the best cards you can do on this board is a pair of 3470's or 3450's....not sure about which hdmi output u can use though....

Yes. This is what I was waiting for! ....but not for 144$ lol Even though I paid top dollar for the I90HD when it first came out :/

lol. someone buy me some video cards and i will! :D planning on doin 4850x2's in crossfire, but can't wait. might pull the trigger on 4870x2's or just a pair of 4870's or 4850's. we'll see how the bank account holds up at the end of the week.

not worth CFing 2 x X2's imho right now...@ least from my experience....the driver support is...well, ATi

Not sure if the PCI 2.0 8x speeds are hindering it @ all, but I didn't see a difference in game play having 1 X2 vs 2 X2 in CF, I played COD4, GRID, CSS

Back