DFI LANParty DK P55-T3eH9 @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
DFI LANParty DK P55-T3eH9 - As DFI’s newest member of it much vaunted LANParty series of motherboards, the DK P55-T3eH9 seems more than willing and able to step up to its legacy. But will this be the last ATX motherboard we see out of DFI?

While the DK P55-T3eH9 was a bit tricky to get initially dialed in, once it was the board remained solid as a rock. I was able to get the board to a base clock of 210MHz, with a CPU speed of 4.02GHz and memory running at 1680.

it would be a real shame to see this board as the last of their ATX boards.
Kyle says DFI is no longer going to produce standard ATX boards. However, the DFI announcement I read stated they were going to continue with X58 ATX boards in addition to focusing new developments of SFF boards.

According to Jarry, DFI will concentrate more on MI-ITX and Hybrid products, although they will continue to sell X58 ATX models as well.

Regardless, it's good to see a new DFI review on here. I am still running an old P35 LanParty board here in one of my systems and it's still running great. I have no interest in P55 at all but enjoyed reading the review.

To elaborate on Tobit's comment, the statement that Kyle was referring to in the review did not say DFI will no longer produce ATX motherboards. It said that they will probably only make mATX and mini-ITX boards with the RD890 chipset:
For example, they would probably just design MI-ITX and probably uATX motherboards based on RD890 chip, which means there will be no standard ATX form factor.

I picked this up on a lark when newegg had it on sale for black Friday for $135 and have been really impressed, going from a 939 x2 4200 to this and an i5 is awesome to say the least. Kingston value 1333 worked very well as far as memory chosen.

also to note, these are all lotes socket boards, so no issues with burning either.

I picked this up on a lark when newegg had it on sale for black Friday for $135 and have been really impressed...

Good deal. I'm looking at the DFI P55 of X58 for my next upgrade. All depends on what the new 2010 Intel CPUs offer.

Finally a mobo maker using the Intel GigE setup. Maybe others will follow suit.

Nice review. Back then when socket 939 and athlon x2 was the thing, DFI had the best boards. Shame that they haven't really been up to the task lately, it seems that they're quietly abandoning the market.

Am i awake yet ? am i really seeing a DFI review on [H] ? lol

I always liked their ATX boards, i've owned several of them.

I'm going to buy this motherboard soon, Like on the 1st of February, It would have been nice If It had been for sale at more than a few retailers, As such one will be all I can get, Oh well, One is better than nothing. :D

Love this board although it's my first P55 board.

my i5 750 + DFI DK P55-T3EH9 results
http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=21906

prime95_load.png

cpuz_eztuner_all.png

spi1m_9s500ms.png

Last edited:
starting to get a hang on this board :)

DDR3-2274Mhz 8-9-8-27 1T at 1.72v
Loosened timings alot more, pushed voltages a bit more and dropped QPI frequency from 4.8GT/s (18x multi) to 4.27GT/s (16x multi) to achieve my highest frequency so far for bclk 227bclk as well as for memory frequency @DDR3-2274Mhz 8-9-8-27 1T at 1.72v validation and @DDR3-2247Mhz 8-9-8-27 1T at 1.72v for Super Pi 1M.

spi1m_10s328ms.png

everest.png

Back