DFI LANboy nF3 250Gb are in stock at newegg.com

Thanks sooo much. I'm been running around trying to find this board for a week. Mine is being shipped out today. Hopefully that means I'll be having some fun this weekend.

Weee...just ordered mine too...hopefull it isn't out of stock...again. I'm still waiting for my other mobo from Gameve.com, but if this comes through, f'ck Gameve's 3 week back order and heellloooo newegg (my new best friend) :D

I'm trying to decide what motherboard to get. I'm on a tight budget and will be buying a athlon 64 3000 along with it.

I have 1 gig of generic pc3200 ram (samsung labeled) that worked fairly well overclocked with my old athlon 2100.

Am I better off saving the $60 and getting a chaintech vnf3-250 than the DFI Lanparty 250?

I was going to get one of the new 90nm chips, but now I'm leaning back towards 754 with this LANParty board. Unless people start talking about how awesome the 90nms are, but so far I'm getting the idea that most are less-than-impressed.

Look at this thread

Sorry to hijack this, but this thread will explain why people are saying s754 > s939.

Overall, in my opinion, who needs s939 when:

1. The motherboards for it haven't matured, you want something reliable and stable right?

2. "The ability to upgrade again without changing motherboards" arguement is moot because by the time the new product(s) comes out and are mainstay in most computers (I believe a lot of people are waiting for PCI-Express and DDR2 RAM) you will need a new motherboard / ram / and cpu and who knows what else...IF you want to use the latest technology that works together for best performance.

3. s754 parts are overall cheaper than s939, yet offer nearly the same performance of the expensive s939.

This is why, in my informed opinion, the s754 parts are the smarter buy. But if you want to let your ego get the better of you and make you think you have "the best" out there, by all means don't let me hold you back. :p

Back