DFI Crossfire board at ZZF

Discussion in 'AMD MoBos' started by cooter, Sep 2, 2005.

1. cooter

cooter Gawd

2. skindogg

skindogg Limp Gawd

wow they all gonna be around that range or is this just early price gouging?

3. JSF35rhino

JSF35rhino [H]ard|Gawd

thats just nutz ! $359 for a MB ! :eek:

4. Soul.Survivor

Soul.Survivor Limp Gawd

HOLY PRICE GOUGING BATMAN! That's a lotta money. Couple that with 2 very expensive video cards, a top of the line X2 processor, a creative X-Fi, a couple of 500GB SATAII drives, and you could have the biggest E-P3n1s of tehm 4LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd buy it if they knocked $150-$175 off the price tag and actually had a video card worthy of a board like that. Mabey by the time the R580 is out I'll be ready to sell this nvidia junk and get back to my friends at ATi.

5. Ratboy

Ratboy Limp Gawd

Jebus. So glad I didn't wait for the 520.

6. Jawadali

Jawadali [H]ard|Gawd

Heh, it should include at least one video card at that price.

7. AceGoober

AceGoober Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!

That is a steep price for new technology. Unless a person is one of the 'gotta have it now' type of people, I just can't see paying that much.

8. WarlordBB

WarlordBB Limp Gawd

I'm one of those that doesn't normally mind paying a little more for low supply early release products but...

Does anyone know how much over retail this is? It isn't normally like ZZF to put it to you that bad. Newegg, meh... but I haven't seen ZZF go really crazy.

Please post any other sightings here ASAP. I may buy this tomorrow if the price isn't expected to be cheaper for more than a month. Then y'all can all laugh at me when they release ver. 1.1 with fixes with full availability at retail of $179 (no idea if that's real retail).

:)

Better yet, someone find me a better price somewhere that has stock so I can donate the $100 price gouge to Red Cross.

9. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

ZZF is know for a little price gouging. :rolleyes: I seem to remembering them charging over a 1000.00 for 6800 Ultras and X800 XT PE cards when they were hard to get.

These boards will not be that expensive. Atleast this means that the boards should be available in quanity soon. (We can hope...right)

BTW the MSRP should be the same as a SLI board or even a little cheaper.

UPDATE: I just called DFI. They have not received any of these boards yet. They don't even have a price for me yet. (My company has an account with them.) The SKU is correct but other than that.......nothing. My sales rep did say that it could be in the next week or so for them to have the boards.

10. WarlordBB

WarlordBB Limp Gawd

Great info AACDIRECT, thanks for checking for us.

11. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

No problem. I want one of these boards for my personal system. :D

I was going to be shocked if I had not heard that they had released. My company has been building ATI some of their Crossfire demo systems. I have two systems sitting here waiting for production boards to come available.

12. HighTest

HighTest [H]ard|Gawd

Hmm,

After reviewing the specifications shown here: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/PDF/246445.pdf, what does this offer over the existing DFI SLI board?

Other than the Karanjan Module using a newer Azalia based audio chipset and the use of the ATI chipset, what's the benefit in terms of cost?

Note this portion:
    How is this different than SLI? Folks, I've stated several times throughout various threads, that CrossFire motherboards bring nothing new to the table that SLI chipset boards didn't already bring. In other words, unless ATI's drivers disable on detection non-ATI chipsets, you can purchase an existing nForce4 SLI motherboard and use two ATI cards (one a master) for CrossFire multi-ATI video goodness. It's been shown that you can use two nVIDIA cards on an ATI reference CrossFire board with hacked drivers (nVIDIA is promising "open" drivers that will be the equivalent of the hacked ones).

So beyond being an ATI !!!!!!, what's the draw at that high a price?

13. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

The high price is due to the fact that it has not been launched yet.

So far there has been no aggreement by ATI and NV to allow the other's dual card to work on their platform. This means that you "could" be restricted to using ATI Crossfire on ATI chipset mobos and SLI on NF4 mobos. (The intel 955 being a neutral ground that is supposed to work for both.) There is no known physical reason for this but it is a matter of drivers. I personally believe ATI will want to allow Crossfire boards to work with NV cards in SLI but NV would not want ATI cards to work on NF4 SLI chipsets. Think about it. It is in ATI's best interest to gain access to the millions of SLI boards sold for their Crossfire videocards. On the other hand NV really does not need access to RD200 boards as they are not out yet and would want to ensure that anyone buying SLI videocards also buys and NV SLI motherboard. Couple this with the lack of r520 leaving ATI out of the ultra high end market. Right now Crossfire boards could be a great solution for 7800 cards. This would be again not something NV would want.

As for other differences between NF4 and RD200. The reference Crossfire boards are OC beasts. (I have personally played with the reference single card mobos and they rock.) Only the DFI NF4 can come close to the overclocking potental that even the reference boards have. Once the production board become available there is a very good chance that they will be come THE board to OC with. DFI has a brillant engineer (he used to work for Abit) that was invloved in the design of the DFI SLI board and also thier Crossfire board. I have heard from a very good source that has seen the qualification samples that this board is great. (BTW I am talking about the AMD solution. The Intel one really does not interest me.)

Now if only I could have one in my hands to see for myself. Like I said above......hopefully soon.

14. bladeiai

bladeiai [H]ard|Gawd

I read somewhere that crossfire boards where supposed to be like 10% cheaper then sli boards

15. [BB] Rick James

[BB] Rick James [H]ard Dawg

WOW SMOKING BALLS BATMAN! :eek: I'm so glad I went with nVidia this round. Man nVidia really is at the top of their game right now. AMD and nVidia are really kicking ass lately. Kind of sucks becuase there isn't much price competition, which is bad.

16. JSF35rhino

JSF35rhino [H]ard|Gawd

whats bad is to pay out the arsx for something lile that --and just watch it turn out to buggy and flakey as a 10 year old fruitcake !--LOL

kinda makes my $47 ecs a754 nf4 look cheap-- maybe i can get some gold plating for it !--LOLROFL :cool: :D

maybe you get a free date with paris hilton ???--LOL

17. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

The cost of the ATI chipsets is supposed to be less. So the boards are supposed to be less. My guess is that they will be around the price of a SLI board but then get cheaper.

Yeah ATI has been real quiet. As for pricing....AMD is more expensive than Intel right now. Especially in Dual Core. As for performance AMD rules. :D On the ATI/NV thing. The tables could turn quickly when ATI releases r520 and Crossfire. Right now Crossfire X850 is faster than anything NV has except Geforce 7. (Of course you can't buy Crossfire X850 yet so it is kind of a mute point.) Big thing is ATI will be back with a top notch product. Many people said NV was going to die off because of the NV30. Now look at the NV40 and G70. Years ago ATI cold not compete with NV with Geforce 4 Vs 8500. Then they launched 9700 and dominated until 9800 XT.

Personally I feel that G70 is the 9800 XT for NVIDIA. Not really new but a very polished version of a very sucessfull technology. Of course that should mean that they sell tons of them. Which it looks like they already are. Now if only the r520 is ATI's NV40.....

18. Erasmus354

Erasmus354 [H]ardForum Junkie

*sigh* the stupidity of some people... you cant seem to notice price gouging if ZZF were to show you a little "Was 150$ but now we charge you 359$ !!!111"

19. Erasmus354

Erasmus354 [H]ardForum Junkie

The r580 has a much better chance of being "ATi's NV40" than the r520 does. r520 is much more likely to end being like the FX5900. A good performing card, but came too late to really do anything.

20. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

Time will tell. Lets hope it is good after such a long wait.

21. HighTest

HighTest [H]ard|Gawd

22. Jbace

Jbace [H]Lite

I´ts not on sale anymore on ZZF...... :confused:

23. JSF35rhino

JSF35rhino [H]ard|Gawd

at $359 who would care ??? :cool: :eek:

24. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

For anyone that subscibed to this thread a while ago.

UPDATE: I talked with DFI this week. I was told that they expect the LP CF board in their warehouse next week. (Monday 26th) The price is supposed to be around $229.00. (For the UT version) We expect to have our shipment by the end of the week and those companies closer to the west coast should have them sooner.

25. Glow

Glow [H]ardness Supreme

so other than the SLI type feature is there anything else thats actually stand out about this board?

26. AACDIRECT

AACDIRECT Limp Gawd

The chipset is supposed to be an great overclocker even better than the NF4 chipset boards. Of course the biggest thing is Crossfire. ;)