DFI 680i LT photos/preview!

I've read unconfirmed reports that DFI will not be doing a non-LT 680i-based motherboard. The presumed reason is because the 680i LT may not suffer from some of the erratic, odd behavior that some are inexplicably having with the non-LT 680i chipset.

Don't shoot the messenger. I did say these reports are unconfirmed.

I've read unconfirmed reports that DFI will not be doing a non-LT 680i-based motherboard. The presumed reason is because the 680i LT may not suffer from some of the erratic, odd behavior that some are inexplicably having with the non-LT 680i chipset.

Don't shoot the messenger. I did say these reports are unconfirmed.

thats so general i cant even believe it ;). Any details?

I could see it.

It's hard to justify the 680 when the 650 and and the 680LT offer very similar performance. The bottom line however is that DFI is known to release products that offer the highest performance, period. I think they may be waiting for a new stepping or more mature support from nvidia.

I have had the NFII LanPaty ultraB and the NF4 SLi - DR. Both have been AMAZING boards that I have had no problems with whatsoever. I am curious to know however how SLi memory profiles are supported with DFI in light of the fact that DFI typically exposes every single memory option known to man and alien alike.

I am at a point now where I really feel like a program (similar to memtest) needs to be intgrated into bios that will do a torture test on the memory, cpu, pcie, fsb to find the most optimal settings.

I am at a point now where I really feel like a program (similar to memtest) needs to be intgrated into bios that will do a torture test on the memory, cpu, pcie, fsb to find the most optimal settings.

Agreed, I love my Lanparty nF4's built in memtest :D

I might have to try my hand with this board.. I luv my abit board but c'mon, abit's RMA process is horrid..

Being a longtime DFI user, can't wait to hear how this board runs and OC's. Although I'm happy with my current rig running E6600, I may have to give the IN9-32X Max to my son if this DFI runs like my ol' AMD64 DFI's ran.;) and spring for QUAD. Although Abit finally got the BIOS fix to run all four Cores OC'd on a QUAD.

Being a longtime DFI user, can't wait to hear how this board runs and OC's. Although I'm happy with my current rig running E6600, I may have to give the IN9-32X Max to my son if this DFI runs like my ol' AMD64 DFI's ran.;) and spring for QUAD. Although Abit finally got the BIOS fix to run all four Cores OC'd on a QUAD.
If you follow the link in the OP, and read all the pages in that thread, you'll see that the quad does not overclock very well yet on that mobo. They're speculating that a bios update will improve the overclockability of the quad cores (like the P27 bios for the evga mobo's).

Which, the DFI or the Abit IN9-32X Max (for which folks who updated to BIOS 1.2 B3 are OC'ing all 4 cores now - sweet).

I've always liked the colors of DFI boards...and of course their OC reputation.

Back