Dewalt Circular Saw, Drill, & Battery Combo at HomeDepot $299

If you're in the market for some power tools, I found a pricing mistake on Home Depot's website. Also, I think they're in the process of fixing it. This morning, I wasn't able to purchase the combo set with my credit card but was able to complete the purchase using PayPal. So your mileage may vary.

Basically, you're buying a Dewalt FlexVolt Circular Saw (DCS578) w/ FlexVolt Battery & Charger for $299, and getting Dewalt Hammer Drill (DCD796) and a 20V MAX 2Ah battery for free.

Here's the combo set link, which can be found by searching DCS578 in google:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/FLEXVOL...ktqUdy006goYaIeJ-r0aAhBGEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1597956820322.png

Here's the link for the saw & battery combo for the same price:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...ircular-Saw-with-Brake-Kit-DCS578X1/311842324

Good luck and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 1597956791257.png
    1597956791257.png
    385.9 KB · Views: 0
Not sure why you think pricing error unless they did fix it. The top deal is for a hammer drill and impact driver, the bottom one is for a saw

Not sure why you think pricing error unless they did fix it. The top deal is for a hammer drill and impact driver, the bottom one is for a saw

The same package had a second listing on their website as $539, but I had the item in my cart from the night before so I was assuming there's some type of price change happening. Also, the fact that I couldn't complete the transaction without using paypal was odd to me.

I included the two links as a comparison of the base package for $299 without the Hammer Drill + Second Battery. The circular saw in these combo kits are the latest version of their FlexVolt ciricular saw DCS578.

Man, that FlexVolt stuff is stupid expensive.

Yeah, I agree but it's hard to argue with the power they deliver and for certain power tools it's worth it. At this price, you're not paying that much of a premium assuming you need a drill.

I dunno for saws I'd say unless you really do a lot of work away from electrical outlets (i.e. new construction building, or maybe you have a large property and are building elsewhere) the premium you pay for a cordless circular saw is just not worth the convenience.

This deal has been going on since Father’s Day, at one point it was even $270 in-store. People on my DeWalt Facebook group were buying multiples and parting them out and just keeping the saw and batteries basically for free.

Too much work imo but to each their own.

I dunno for saws I'd say unless you really do a lot of work away from electrical outlets (i.e. new construction building, or maybe you have a large property and are building elsewhere) the premium you pay for a cordless circular saw is just not worth the convenience.

Going to have to agree. I was using one of these recently on a coffee table project. I ended up ditching it and going back to corded. It was just too much job for a battery to do right.

The 60v stuff is stupid powerful. I have the 60v reciprocating saw and I used it to cut down a 20' tree and chop it up into firewood. Still had plenty of battery left.

Just my 2 cents, but I've had cordless circular (and Jig) saws from about every brand and at almost every price point ($65-$300), and have yet to find one that is really powerful enough + last long enough to do big and/or heavy duty cutting jobs....

The best one so far (a Porter-Gable) lasted about 35 mins of cutting a large stack of treated 2x6's & 2x8's for 32' x 24' deck project before it started smoking. The other one was a Dewalt, which made it thru about 12 of the 27 sheets of Oak plywood that I needed for a big furniture/entertainment center project and it burned itself up too....

Needless to say, I have sworn off cordless circular saws for now, at least until something new comes out that can last longer...

Cordless drills, on the other hand, are at the top of my list for almost any drilling job, with the possible exception of concrete, for which I use an corded hammer drill :)

I definitely can't argue the consistent power you get out of corded drills, but I want to point out that this combo kit has the DCS578 which is a refresh of their right side circular saw (DCS575). This saw was announced late 2019 and available spring 2020 and the reviews so far have been pretty impressive.

While batteries have limitations, I do think the FlexVolt stuff does put out some impressive power.

The 60v stuff is stupid powerful. I have the 60v reciprocating saw and I used it to cut down a 20' tree and chop it up into firewood. Still had plenty of battery left.
) Hi
I definitely can't argue the consistent power you get out of corded drills, but I want to point out that this combo kit has the DCS578 which is a refresh of their right side circular saw (DCS575). This saw was announced late 2019 and available spring 2020 and the reviews so far have been pretty impressive.

While batteries have limitations, I do think the FlexVolt stuff does put out some impressive power.
8híhi>uh-huh

I own some flexvolt stuff and have been very impressed with it. Most reviewers the same.. to the extent that I've been thinking of ditching my corded hypoid saw.

It's also worth knowing that dewalt also sells a cord adapter for some these so that you can plug them in.
Check out the flexvolt miter saw. It takes two flexvolt batteries, which gives you the same 120v as the wall.

I own some flexvolt stuff and have been very impressed with it. Most reviewers the same.. to the extent that I've been thinking of ditching my corded hypoid saw.

It's also worth knowing that dewalt also sells a cord adapter for some these so that you can plug them in.
Check out the flexvolt miter saw. It takes two flexvolt batteries, which gives you the same 120v as the wall.
The cable adapter is only for the high powered stuff iirc 60v minimum spec, not for the 20v max line.
That said for most home user work loads the flex volt batteries are way overkill for the usage.

Back