Devotion: a Hardcore Shift X - watercooled, oc'd to the limit, RGBW custom cables.

SHNS0

n00b
T8zxhty.jpg

A huge ITX system that is all about beauty and raw power.

Supported by Watercool
Made with <3 by Enter Plasma

Main Features:
9900K & RTX 2080 with heavy OC in a Shift X
Custom, high end, high performance Watercooling
Custom RGBW Cables in MDPC-X Sleeve
Custom Illumination
"Fixing" the Phanteks Shift X and pushing its limits with sheer brute force
A lot of other fancy small details worth checking out

Hardware List:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
GPU KFA2 RTX 2080 OC
Motherboard: Asrock Z370 ITX Fatal1ty
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 3000
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
PSU: Corsair SF750
Case: Phanteks Shift X
RGB Controller: Raspberry Pi Zero WH

Cooling / Accessories:
CPU: Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal Ni
GPU: Watercool Heatkiller IV RTX 2080 Acetal Ni
Reservoir: Watercool Heatkiller Tube 100 DDC
Pump: EK DDC 3.2 PWM
Rads: Hardware Labs Nemesis GTS 240 + 120
Fittings: Barrow Black
Tubing: Barrow PETG 14/10
5x Delta AFB1212SH Fans
EVGA Powerlink
PCI-E 3.0 Riser for Phanteks Shift X
Aluminium M.2 Heatsink

Custom Stuff:
Stainless Steel Screws + Alu Washers
RGBW Sleeved Cables with MDPC-X Carbon BTI & Transparency
RGBW Light Bars, other illumination in White
Twister Mod Stickers (Fans)
Custom Motherboard IO Plate

A big shoutout for the help, support and/or inspiration to:
Jacob (Watercool Heatkiller)
Daniel (Twister Mod / Twister7800GTX)
Nils (MDPC-X / Million Dollar PC)
All the customers of Enter Plasma that supported me over the past 3+ years

First Pics:

lu7bKbnl.jpg

TIxJVD6l.jpg

hTbzK8ll.jpg

oz5fvfTl.jpg

tI1HpBfl.jpg

0CNRYzYl.jpg

NpaRAKNl.jpg

5MJCYh3l.jpg

sTKl4a4l.jpg

mdz5RRZl.jpg

jrSpjQGl.jpg

XzFh9iHl.jpg

K1jfMHAl.jpg

PET6ifol.jpg

HkLngnHl.jpg

uEqVa1Al.jpg

neDK8mSl.jpg

XL28rbJl.jpg

MyIrbWwl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see how the Z370 ITX VRMs hold up with the i9-9900K. I'll definitely keep an eye on your thread.

I'm really interested to see how the Z370 ITX VRMs hold up with the i9-9900K. I'll definitely keep an eye on your thread.

It will probably be ok. The VRM have a beastly Delta right in front of them ;)

UPDATE #1: Finally received the last hardware, work is getting done

Started doing the first tests with RGBW cables, using MDPC-X Transparency sleeve and MDPC-X transparent AWG15 wire.

The controller is a random addressable chinese one that can be controlled with an app. It's not bad, but it's a bit buggy. Not an ideal solution, but I'll keep it for now.

The LED strips for the cables, on the other hand, are glorious. These are addressable RGBW, 144 LEDS / meter. They're beautiful, and also inhumanely expensive lol.

okl85dBl.jpg

s2R34TSl.jpg

dJHy8Pcl.jpg

Got the latest shipment from China that was delayed for more than a week unfortunately.

A lot of fancy stuff, but turns out I need more screws. Some of the sizes were incorrect.

lbVAwSLl.jpg

LOh0ScLl.jpg

Fancy stainless steel screws. I absolutely love these, specially together with the aluminium washers.

vRkyXCGl.jpg

G45qOpfl.jpg

ffg1Ghdl.jpg

WuPbbzol.jpg

Also got a new clear IEC connector to re-make the stock PSU extension for the case. It lights up really well

Q0rRwUGl.jpg

nfhnexHl.jpg

OYd7L4nl.jpg

Some other stuff that arrived recently: SSD, hardline watercooling gear, cable and sleeving material from MDPC-X, and some aluminium bars for LED strips that I'm still not sure about using for this project.

zzaQrgRl.jpg

ojl912xl.jpg

tIW5ClKl.jpg

qQaS0hGl.jpg

eXtR3Bgl.jpg

And the replacement riser I'll be using. Unfortunately the original Phanteks riser doesn't seem to be PCI-E 3.0 capable.

UAk6tNll.jpg

RbTIZl7l.jpg

AmwVsM3l.jpg

NEXT: A lot of cables

Last edited:
UPDATE #2: Fan cables & LED's in the works

oUbWvVll.jpg

ywAXMvSl.jpg

Work has been slow but steady.

I'm currently doing all the splitter cables for fans, LED's and the sorts. They still have to be sleeved of course!

It is a massive work but it's very important - using as less space as possible for cables is top priority for maximizing airflow.

IIk7TUDl.jpg

ni00Piul.jpg

JTu4355l.jpg

Here's where some of the addressable LED's will go, these will light up the cables from the bottom.

RrmOaMkl.jpg

And this is a rough idea of how they'll turn out.

These are not the cables for the project, but I'm thinking about going with this same color scheme (Carbon BTI + Transparency)

FPdv4ZVl.jpg

3wn9BENl.jpg

This is a rough idea of how the back will be cable managed.

NyAjOpZl.jpg

M5S8emul.jpg

I also had this chinese RGB controller that I though of using, but it was HUGE

J4K1ZZol.jpg

c5OsWkKl.jpg

So I pried it open...

7RcpNhtl.jpg

... And burned the Bluetooth controller trying to desolder those green cable clamps, LOL.

WELL, I guess I'll take the opportunity to do something I've been wanting to try for a while. Using a Raspberry!

It will arrive around next week so we'll see about that.

I also ended up upgrading to a Corsair SF750 Platinum

S8oKmTNl.jpg

And I was able to fit another fan on the bottom, for a 120 push/pull. Can't have enough fans in here.

6GTH27il.jpg

Another issue is these fan screws that have to be trimmed. I'm using M4's and they either come in sizes 30mm or 35mm.

30mm is too short and won't screw in the rad. 35mm is too long and will hit on the fins before screwing in all the way.

These are stainless steel, it's not easy to cut. I'm gonna have to figure out some way.

In the pic you can also see some black aluminium columns that I got to cover up the screw thread. I think it looks really cool!

yDY9aOwl.jpg

And finally, this is how I'm ending up with the fan configuration. It's all negative pressure, and the air will be sucked in from the whole of the back.

oUbWvVll.jpg

NEXT: Finished secondary cables, installing the hardware and doing the main cables!

Last edited:
Sorry for the long disappearance. It was completed, but not without a lot of challenges, a lot of revisions, and a lot of personal drama.

Here's the final pics:

Hge1F7rl.jpg

BV3ucxsl.jpg

pSM7hppl.jpg

KnwPxb0l.jpg

poIIhrnl.jpg

RjBMLoSl.jpg

Older pics of the previous revision and some hint of battlestation: Devotion Beta.

I had to disregard some objectives I had in the beginning, like the RGBW cables.

But I'm very happy to have reached one of the main objectives which was to stuff a fully overclocked, high end system in a Shift X without turning into a fusion energy experiment​

Final specs:
- Intel 9900K @ 5ghz rock solid
- Asus Z390 Strix ITX
- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM
- Nvidia RTX 2080
- Corsair SF750 Power supply
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SSD
- Phanteks Shift X Case

Cooling:
- 4x Delta AFB1212SH fans, 1x PC Cooler Corona 120 fan
- Watercool Heatkiller CPU block, GPU block, Reservoir
- EK DDC pump
- HWLabs Nemesis GTS 120 + 240 radiators
- Barrow fittings
- EK ZMT tubing

Other / Accessories:
- ADT third party riser for Phanteks Shift & Shift X
- EVGA Powerlink for GPU
- Initially MDPC-X Carbon BTI sleeving on cables, then made new cables with Silver-plated FEP transparent wires
- Full set of stainless steel countersunk screws with black aluminium washers

Last edited:
Sorry for the long disappearance. It was completed, but not without a lot of challenges, a lot of revisions, and a lot of personal drama.

Here's the final pics:

View attachment 237128

View attachment 237129

View attachment 237130

View attachment 237131

View attachment 237132

View attachment 237133

Older pics of the previous revision and some hint of battlestation: Devotion Beta.

I had to disregard some objectives I had in the beginning, like the RGBW cables.

But I'm very happy to have reached one of the main objectives which was to stuff a fully overclocked, high end system in a Shift X without turning into a fusion energy experiment​

Final specs:
- Intel 9900K @ 5ghz rock solid
- Asus Z390 Strix ITX
- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM
- Nvidia RTX 2080
- Corsair SF750 Power supply
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SSD
- Phanteks Shift X Case

Cooling:
- 4x Delta AFB1212SH fans, 1x PC Cooler Corona 120 fan
- Watercool Heatkiller CPU block, GPU block, Reservoir
- EK DDC pump
- HWLabs Nemesis GTS 120 + 240 radiators
- Barrow fittings
- EK ZMT tubing

Other / Accessories:
- ADT third party riser for Phanteks Shift & Shift X
- EVGA Powerlink for GPU
- Initially MDPC-X Carbon BTI sleeving on cables, then made new cables with Silver-plated FEP transparent wires
- Full set of stainless steel countersunk screws with black aluminium washers
what a beaut, good job!

This is a real testament to what can be done with soft tubing if done right. I swear at first glance I would say that that is a nice Hardline build. Very clean and really a pro job. I love this case and it has been done to death and I say that as a compliment because this is one of the best I have seen.

This is a real testament to what can be done with soft tubing if done right. I swear at first glance I would say that that is a nice Hardline build. Very clean and really a pro job. I love this case and it has been done to death and I say that as a compliment because this is one of the best I have seen.

Thanks a lot ;)
I tried going hard tubing, but it's really not my thing from both a building and reliability point of view.

The project in fact started nearly 2 years ago, pretty much when the case released. A lot of personal issues prohibited me from finishing earlier unfortunately. Won't take this long for the next project.

Back