Devilsadvocate/Orangefire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evoic & all others - convenient...yes....it does always seem that way, now doesn't it?

he took a while to send me my opteron 1212 when i bought it from him.... i think the guy just travels a lot...

because there was another thread open on him when i bought my opteron, and i posted it... but he seemed to have taken care of everybody eventually and one of the mods deleted the thread... or changed the name of it or something, i don't exactly remember

but yea... slow shipper for sure

he took a while to send me my opteron 1212 when i bought it from him.... i think the guy just travels a lot...

because there was another thread open on him when i bought my opteron, and i posted it... but he seemed to have taken care of everybody eventually and one of the mods deleted the thread... or changed the name of it or something, i don't exactly remember

but yea... slow shipper for sure

busy is fine but when you give a guy the wrong numbers and they are not able to be used. this is not acceptable as i gave him the numbers for his box on the day i sent it out and i tracked it all the way to his doorstep (which i dont know if hes picked up yet) cause i used signature conformation on it as it was the most expensive box i ever mailed out before

Here's an idea.......

If you're going to be unable to ship the items for a short period of time -

TELL YOUR BUYERS ! ! ! !

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What is so DIFFICULT about this?

He travels.
He's getting divorced.
He's ill.
His family is ill.
He works a lot.

and on, and on, and on.

ALL of us have a life to live on the other side of that computer screen, but we live up to our end of the agreement. WTF is his problem with doing that?

i remember when you PM'd be, warning me about my trade with him. turns out, he chose to replicate his activity at AT over here too. If he is treating everyone like this, I bet he does have issues to resolve with other people. lord_tris - don'tcha just love people like this worm? what an assclown. Hey Vertigo_Acid, if it makes you feel any better, you can give me the chip and then you'll feel better about doing what we all want you to do (after DA comes clean, and resolves the outstanding issues)...which is to can this guy.

Indeed....thats why I said I would take the CPU provided he shipped first..but VA beat me to it....

I hope it works out for everyone........

again 3 days no contact at all. Mods what is the next step i can take to get the resolved?

and the orginal deal started on 22nd june

I talked with him on the phone the evening of the 11th, he told me he was going to ship me the MSI 975 board in lieu of the Intel 975 board. We talked for about 12- 15 minutes and he explained his current living situation.

I understand we fall on hard times but this happens every time he has a thread, surely he has precipitated these situations upon himself.

Now I am pissed because I am in need of a dual core socket 775 board since one I had planned on using has a burned up memory controller.

I will find another board, but damnit DA lets get your obligations settled. :mad:

Well, trading issues elsewhere/being banned elsewhere doesn't really have any bearing on what happens here.
That's what I always liked about the mods here. You can be a troll and banned at many other forums, but they are welcomed with open arms here. :rolleyes:

I knew there were only going to be problems when you guys let DA start trading here again.

That's what I always liked about the mods here. You can be a troll and banned at many other forums, but they are welcomed with open arms here. :rolleyes:

I knew there were only going to be problems when you guys let DA start trading here again.

So if I got banned over at JoeForum (TM) for being a "troll", I should be banned here as well? It quickly devolves into a giant game of he-said/she-said, which is why we only base our bannings on what occurs here at the [H]

Now, as for devilsadvocate, his 9 lives are up as far as I'm concerned.

emailed me finally again, said he would call me.... NO call yet.
IM me today all so asked if was on at 244am in the morning WTF.......yes of course i am asleep.

emailed me finally again, said he would call me.... NO call yet.
IM me today all so asked if was on at 244am in the morning WTF.......yes of course i am asleep.

Hmm, so he was on a computer to IM but failed to log onto H and read his PM's that I sent him. I guess the next step is to contact the Houston Police Department.

did a transaction with a guy from head-fi last week and i got my package today that means it takes 1 week and 1 day for boxes to get from the states to my apo ae address in 4 days it will be 30days.

UMM what does this mean? I wonder...

Personal isues and illnesses can be very debilitating. Good luck with that DA but if you are not up to communicating and doing the work required to fulfill your side of a transaction, then take some time off and STOP TRADING. It is not fair to the other party. Stop trading, get your personal life back on track, get your health back and then think about trading with others.

Personal isues and illnesses can be very debilitating. Good luck with that DA but if you are not up to communicating and doing the work required to fulfill your side of a transaction, then take some time off and STOP TRADING. It is not fair to the other party. Stop trading, get your personal life back on track, get your health back and then think about trading with others.

...but not here

Sadly, this is just another example of the mods here not willing to do the extra legwork to protect the members of this forum from scammers such as this.

I have warned them of another trader here that has been banned from at least 13 forums including eBay. Has been reported on Troll Hunters, and has negative feedback at Heatware, Resellerratings, PbNation, and Amazon.com. He is also involved with email spamming. And yet, he is still welcomed here with open arms. :rolleyes:

You can read his story here: Mall57 / Steffan Perry: A Troll's Tale.

Sadly, this is just another example of the mods here not willing to do the extra legwork to protect the members of this forum from scammers such as this.

I have warned them of another trader here that has been banned from at least 13 forums including eBay. Has been reported on Troll Hunters, and has negative feedback at Heatware, Resellerratings, PbNation, and Amazon.com. He is also involved with email spamming. And yet, he is still welcomed here with open arms. :rolleyes:

You can read his story here: Mall57 / Steffan Perry: A Troll's Tale.

Mall57 hasn't been on the forums since April of last year, and since he never did wrong here, why would he be banned? How much clearer can I make this:
We ban for offenses committed at [H]ardforum, and nowhere else.
The moderators are not here to babysit every trader and trade that happens. We will of course respond once issues have been reported, and ban trolls as necessary. This does not change the fact that trades are always done as one's own risk. If information is out on the web about trading problems that people have had at other forums, then a trader doing due diligence before trading with of course find this, and pass on the deal. If, on the other hand, there is no due diligence on the member's part, no troll lists will change the situation, as they are not helping themselves.
If you don't have anything to contribute regarding the situation with devilsadvocate, please do not post in this thread. I won't ask you again

he finally came through and I spoke with him about what has happened and we came to a new deal, where he paypaled me the replacement money for the parts. I am happy now, no it should have not come to this nor should it have taken this long but at least there was an agreement made and the deal was finished now.

he finally came through and I spoke with him about what has happened and we came to a new deal, where he paypaled me the replacement money for the parts. I am happy now, no it should have not come to this nor should it have taken this long but at least there was an agreement made and the deal was finished now.

Glad to hear you got some resolution on your situation. :cool:

I am glad to hear it as well. Nice to know that all the while he was accruing interest on your money. HEY VA, Ban him!

Well I received an E mail from paypal:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Transaction Date: Jun 13, 2007
Transaction Amount: -$50.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 4YV30434VN697591P
Seller's Transaction ID: 1N1882933T739881P
Case Number: PP-306-529-808
Seller's Name: Jeff Barry
Seller's Email: [email protected]

What to Do Next

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

It sucks that you didn't get any money back, but maybe we are one step closer to having him banned...it would appear as if his trolling actions have made it over to the [H] now

I have worked with OrangeFire before with an Opteorn F3. I pressed the issue for him to ship first and it worked out well. I thought I'd throw that in.

I am glad to hear it as well. Nice to know that all the while he was accruing interest on your money. HEY VA, Ban that terd!

I have not accrued interest on jack sh!t. :roll;

I figured that since we were sending messages that should be PM'd to users, I'd just take care of it here.

sabregen - I gave you a nice deal on some stuff, and you received it promptly and properly. I don't know why you have decided to take it upon yourself to tee off on me. Thanks for being a complete ass, kicking a man while he's down. I hope something bad never happens to you. If it does, I hope you receive the treatment that you have decided to give me.

VA - If you could pay me for the CPU that you received a month ago from me, that would be great :) You are a great trader, and I'm not worried that I will receive payment.

evoic - I hope your stuff is performing well. I did not receive a PM from you complaining, so I can only assume the best.

trucker61 - I called you last week, and you are getting a better motherboard than what you bought from me. Your original Bad Axe was shipped to you with VA's CPU (which I still have not been paid for). I upgraded you to a MSI 975X Platinum v.2. You should be receiving it soon.

As far as the Wii deal with lord_tris that was the basis for this thread, it takes between 2 to 3 weeks for mail to make it to an APO in Germany. I shipped a computer system and a sound card to Germany. There is not a record of that item in the USPS database. This is not the first time that that has happened with USPS. I sent him a payment of $700.00, which is more than the merchandise that he sent me is worth.

I made this payment in good faith, that should he receive the parcels before he is deployed to Fort Bliss (which were shipped about 3 weeks ago today), that he would refund the money.

I have not accrued interest on jack sh!t. :roll;

I figured that since we were sending messages that should be PM'd to users, I'd just take care of it here.

sabregen - I gave you a nice deal on some stuff, and you received it promptly and properly. I don't know why you have decided to take it upon yourself to tee off on me. Thanks for being a complete ass, kicking a man while he's down. I hope something bad never happens to you. If it does, I hope you receive the treatment that you have decided to give me.

VA - If you could pay me for the CPU that you received a month ago from me, that would be great :) You are a great trader, and I'm not worried that I will receive payment.

evoic - I hope your stuff is performing well. I did not receive a PM from you complaining, so I can only assume the best.

trucker61 - I called you last week, and you are getting a better motherboard than what you bought from me. Your original Bad Axe was shipped to you with VA's CPU (which I still have not been paid for). I upgraded you to a MSI 975X Platinum v.2. You should be receiving it soon.

As far as the Wii deal with lord_tris that was the basis for this thread, it takes between 2 to 3 weeks for mail to make it to an APO in Germany. I shipped a computer system and a sound card to Germany. There is not a record of that item in the USPS database. This is not the first time that that has happened with USPS. I sent him a payment of $700.00, which is more than the merchandise that he sent me is worth.

I made this payment in good faith, that should he receive the parcels before he is deployed to Fort Bliss (which were shipped about 3 weeks ago today), that he would refund the money.

Excuse me? 6L815336U6990191N, Sent July 11th, in the amount of $120. You got paid once you finally provided your paypal address.

Jeff, this is only more proof that you don't have yourself together enough to be trading

Trucker -

If you may recall, I spoke to you on July 11, 2007 (essentially a week ago). You were promised a MSI 975X Platinum v.2 board. I did not act on the paypal dispute, since you were getting a motherboard - which was actually far, far better than the one that you bought.

You indicated last week that that would be fine. As previously stated, you should be receiving your motherboard shortly.

I will take it on faith that you will pay me when you receive your motherboard. If not, then that is just life in the bog city, I guess.

Excuse me? 6L815336U6990191N, Sent July 11th, in the amount of $120. You got paid once you finally provided your paypal address.

Jeff, this is only more proof that you don't have yourself together enough to be trading

My apologies. I reviewed my paypal records and found it.

Um.

WHAT stuff?

I never purchased from you, nor would I ever.
Someone brought your antics to my attention before I reached the point of pulling the trigger on a deal and I passed.

Luckily.

Get it together.
If for no one else but yourself......get it together.

Tthe fight I take up is for my own purposes, it is not self-serving. I am making it my business to notify everyone that I can to steer clear of you, because of your status. I got lucky, others have not. There's a reason that people are leaving you negative Heatware feedback, and filing Paypal disputes.

My fight is for all of those that you have likely run off of these forums; potential traders with which I presume that I would have done business, or enjoyed the company of, here on the forums. However, I do NOT enjoy your company, your insight, your knowledge, or presence. You are a scab here at [H]. I am tired of seeing your thread, and a few days after it closes (because you have good prices), I see people posting about how their afraid they've been trolled, can't get ahold of you, or are given bogus tracking information. You do not contribute here, other than FS/FT (and you constantly fuck that up). If you had other contributions, if this was the first or second time I'd witnessed it, or any other multiple potential scenarios, we'd likely be inclined to cut you some slack.

However, Jeff, that is not the case. I am not willing to be silent any longer and watch you screw over a community of people that I have come to enjoy talking with, for many reasons.

GET OFF MY FORUMS

Fixed - Vertigo Acid

That just makes me laugh. I'm sure that you're a very successful attorney, and I hope your life gets sorted out for the better. However, being a father, and having heard this from my dad once..."Stick to what you're good at," I think that applies here. Stop banging your head against the wall. You obviously can't get it together enough lately (you did have perfect heatware until about a year ago) to make a deal/promise on [H] and stick to it...so move on.

Tthe fight I take up is for my own purposes, it is not self-serving. I am making it my business to notify everyone that I can to steer clear of you, because of your status. I got lucky, others have not. There's a reason that people are leaving you negative Heatware feedback, and filing Paypal disputes.

My fight is for all of those that you have likely run off of these forums; potential traders with which I presume that I would have done business, or enjoyed the company of, here on the forums. However, I do NOT enjoy your company, your insight, your knowledge, or presence. You are a scab here at [H]. I am tired of seeing your thread, and a few days after it closes (because you have good prices), I see people posting about how their afraid they've been trolled, can't get ahold of you, or are given bogus tracking information. You do not contribute here, other than FS/FT (and you constantly fuck that up). If you had other contributions, if this was the first or second time I'd witnessed it, or any other multiple potential scenarios, we'd likely be inclined to cut you some slack.

However, Jeff, that is not the case. I am not willing to be silent any longer and watch you screw over a community of people that I have come to enjoy talking with, for many reasons.

GET OFF MY FORUMS

How exactly have I screwed anyone over?

The simple fact that you do not see any problem with the way that you conduct yourself when involved in a deal is further proof of the issues you need to address.

I am not saying that there are problems. There have obviously been some communication issues.

The implication here is that I have cheated someone. I have not cheated anybody out of anything.

I am not saying that there are problems. There have obviously been some communication issues.

The implication here is that I have cheated someone. I have not cheated anybody out of anything.

You may have never cheated anyone but your trading pratices (slow communication, slow shipping and dodgy behavior) is not well regarded by the guys here, including me. I never traded with ya but you are in my DNT list since I really hate those who doesn't think communication is that important.

Get your act together and don't let the door hit your ass...

feigned (fānd)
adj.
1. Not real; pretended: a feigned modesty.
2. Made-up; fictitious.

If you think people are "happy" just to get their $ back, or get their items after weeks of waiting, you're not very quick on the uptake then, are you? At that point, I'd "be happy" just have been able to walk away from the deal without losing my ass. However, I would not be happy at all about the situation that YOU had caused. Bite your tongue, oh master of vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back