Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018

Armenius

Extremely [H]
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...oming-to-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one-on-march-13-2018
Since his debut back in 2001, Dante swiftly became a gaming icon, representing fun and challenging combat coated in a layer of stylish moves and crazy acrobatics that make you look like an absolute badass. We’re talking juggling enemies in the air with handgun bullets and even riding them around like skateboards. It’s that stylish potential that has drawn in and captivated fans worldwide; after all, who doesn’t like looking super cool?

So if you’re part of the group of people that didn’t raise their hands just now, we have just the collection for you, and the perfect jumping on point to get to know this irreverent character that has since appeared in various fighting games, puzzle games, RPGs and even had his own animated series. Featuring three games, silky smooth 60fps gameplay, and a wide variety of enemies, weapons and styles to experiment with, Devil May Cry HD Collection is the perfect compilation for those looking to get their stylish combat fix.
The collection will include Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. This will be the first time the first two games in the series make their way to PC. It will release digitally and physically at $29.99 USD.

Official trailer.

Look in the description on Youtube for a link to get the first game for free with Twitch Prime.

Same. It's the one I'm most excited for.

I recently started up the HD Collection on PS3 and the original Devil May Cry had by-far the best atmosphere. I hope they fix the camera to give you a little more control because I found it to have too much of a mind of it's own. As soon as I saw that they are releasing it for PS4 I stopped playing on PS3 b/c that's the only reason I had the system out anyway.

The atmosphere of the first game was great as was the music. Creepy organ music, scary gothic atmosphere, but with dual gun action. Definitely was great. Never beat it, but I think I may try once the PS4 version drops.

I'll definitely be grabbing DMC1 from Twitch Prime, that's the only one I want to replay for a few minutes.

Devil May Cry revolutionized action games by creating a whole new sub-genre. Resulting in lots of games borrowing and copying, to varying degrees of success.

Devil May Cry 3 constructively adds all good things and is one of the best games ever made. Fans of souls games or Nioh, ought to give it a try.

Idk about this series. I loved the first one but for some reason the series died for me after it. I had no interest in any of the later games. I got like half way through the 4th one and just stop playing it. Never even picked up 2 or 3.

Idk about this series. I loved the first one but for some reason the series died for me after it. I had no interest in any of the later games. I got like half way through the 4th one and just stop playing it. Never even picked up 2 or 3.

Well if you ever do, skip 2. It's certainly the black sheep of the series and I'm far from the only one who thinks this.

Part 3 was my favorite in the series.

Sounds like you played all you needed to play! I also liked the first one, it was original, but I also wasn't fond of the sequels. I played through DMC4 and felt that, after playing through half the game, the rest was back-tracking and replaying all of the bosses, super lame filler content. Fortunately, that formula didn't carry over to DmC (2013), so that was actually a fun game.

I played the first 3rd, 4th, and remake. I can't recall why I skipped the 2nd one on the PS2, but I do remember unsuccessfully trying to get the PC one to work way after the fact. That port was during the period where Capcom's PC efforts were horrible.

Any fans of Ninja Gaiden or the Souls games awe it to themselves to play these. They're more twitchy than the Souls games, but you'll appreciate the difficulty.

I loved 1, 2, and 4. 3 was incredibly tough! For me at least.. That's the only one I don't like because I couldn't beat it.

I played the first 3rd, 4th, and remake. I can't recall why I skipped the 2nd one on the PS2, but I do remember unsuccessfully trying to get the PC one to work way after the fact. That port was during the period where Capcom's PC efforts were horrible.

Any fans of Ninja Gaiden or the Souls games awe it to themselves to play these. They're more twitchy than the Souls games, but you'll appreciate the difficulty.
2 is universally hated for some reason I could never figure out.

I loved 1, 2, and 4. 3 was incredibly tough! For me at least.. That's the only one I don't like because I couldn't beat it.

The original release was brutal. The DMC3 Special Edition changed up the difficulty and added a few more options like Very easy to Very Hard. It's much more doable than the original vanilla version.

Had some Steam funds fall into my hands, so I went ahead and pre-bought this. I'll toss up some opinions on release day just in case it's a steaming pile.

I've only played the most recent version, DmC: Devil May Cry. Thought it was great. One of my favorite games of the past 5 years.

The newest DMC got some grief because of Dante's look, but it was a really good game. Probably not as tough as some of the earlier ones, but still loads of fun.

Thinking about it, I don't know if the series really gets the credit it deserves. The 3D versions of Ninja Gaiden probably wouldn't exist without it.

The games are great, but the only thing that would make it a steaming pile is if the ports are shitty.

Indeed. The price is somewhat low, so that's a definite possibility. On the other hand, Capcom's PC ports have been among the best ever since Lost Planet. Guess we'll know next Tuesday.

Just downloaded DMC1 through Twitch, wow, this game is ugly; I definitely remember it being super awesome when I played it ~16 years ago!

There aren't any visual options, just resolution up to 1920×1080 and brightness; I had to drop the brightness quite a bit, that helps everything look better. I think they've applied some kind of sharpening filter to the textures, or maybe it's just that they look bad at 1920×1080. The text has some issues at 1080p, I ran it windowed 1152×864 (I think that's it) and it looked properly proportioned. If you've ever played with emulators from the late 4:3 era, you'll recognize it when you see it. Other than the visual quirks, the game seems to run right and it feels like the original, I just wouldn't call it "HD".

Just downloaded DMC1 through Twitch, wow, this game is ugly; I definitely remember it being super awesome when I played it ~16 years ago!

There aren't any visual options, just resolution up to 1920×1080 and brightness; I had to drop the brightness quite a bit, that helps everything look better. I think they've applied some kind of sharpening filter to the textures, or maybe it's just that they look bad at 1920×1080. The text has some issues at 1080p, I ran it windowed 1152×864 (I think that's it) and it looked properly proportioned. If you've ever played with emulators from the late 4:3 era, you'll recognize it when you see it. Other than the visual quirks, the game seems to run right and it feels like the original, I just wouldn't call it "HD".
That's a damn shame. Is it just the text that is stretched or is the whole game like that? Stretching annoys me just as much as vert-. I don't mind the lack of visual quality, as I was never expecting much.

That's a damn shame. Is it just the text that is stretched or is the whole game like that? Stretching annoys me just as much as vert-. I don't mind the lack of visual quality, as I was never expecting much.
Yeah, text is stretched, I had difficulty getting screenshots to compare since I don't have something like GeForce Experience installed, but it looks like it's basically 4:3 stretched to 16:9. It's like playing it on a PSX emulator without the annoyance of configuring the emulator.

The game didn't pre-load last night and it didn't unlock until a few minutes ago so I might not get a chance to play it tonight. Hopefully the stretched text isn't that horrible or it's fixable down the line.

I'd say it's pretty unimpressive. It's "only" a max of 1080p, not like the assets warrant much more. It's 16x9, but it doesn't look any better than what a emulators can do. That said, it does work for all 3 games and it isn't all that expensive at $30. Not necessarily the game's fault, but it's also really tough to go back to only being able to see rooms at one angle. You can't look around in 3D, which is more frustrating than you might think after being able to do that for like 15 years. I'm thinking I'm probably going to bail on it since Burnout comes out Friday and there are multiple other big releases on the way.

2 is universally hated for some reason I could never figure out.

The story, even for a Capcom game, is complete dog shit.
The level design is horrid.
The combat system is far worse and more limited than the first game.
The game is incredibly short (which might be a blessing since it is so bad).
The game is much easier than the first game.
For some reason it doesn't even look as good as the first game.
The game's controls are shit.
They stripped out the first's games pretty good progression system.
Everything except the guns are 100% worthless.
Stats means fuck all.
The bosses all suck.

The only good thing about 2 is the way they portray a more "mature" version of Dante, but they really do nothing with him or any of the characters.

In short: The game is one of the worst examples of a character action game and BY FAR the worst in the entire series.

Even shorter: The game is utter shit.

Looks like the port of DMC3 in this collection is dogshit compared to the 2007 version.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/631510/discussions/2/1698293255137874561/?ctp=2#c1698293255138605950

There was also reports of input delay in this version.

The first game is tied to the framerate, so even though it's possible to run above 60 FPS the game itself will run faster.

I'm not sure of what effort Capcom put into these versions if any at all.
Honestly I see Capcom going the way of Konami in the future. They seem to shit on all their IPs and just not give a fuck anymore.

Based upon my half hour with the game (I mostly played #1), it felt like a good emulator. Not sure if the original games supported 16x9, but that would probably be the one difference vs. actually using an emulator.
The text wasn't stretched (that I noticed), but all of the cutscenes and menus were displayed in 4x3 and weren't upscaled. Ugly is probably a fitting term.
It isn't awful, but it's half-hearted. I supposed I probably shouldn't expect miracles for 3 full games at $30. I ended up just getting a refund. After 15 minutes of trying to look around with the right stick I just couldn't imagine playing multiple games that way. If you play a lot of retro games you might not care as much.

Sounds like Capcom is just weak at porting games developed prior to the 360/PS3 generation. Their PC Resident Evil 4 HD port was decent because it had all of the Wii assets and content, but it wasn't impressive because they skimped on things and the sound really sucked (I'm a stickler for sound), so I'll argue that the Wii version of RE4 is the definitive version.

It's unfortunate that more effort wasn't put forth, but it's par for the course as far as Capcom goes with porting PS2/Wii games. I just wish they could be more consistent, Dead Rising 1 on Steam--great, DMC Collection--meh.

Honestly I see Capcom going the way of Konami in the future. They seem to shit on all their IPs and just not give a fuck anymore.

That's not a really fair thing to say just b/c of this one buggy port. Capcom historically speaking with a few exceptions has had solid PC ports.

DmC: Devil May Cry
Dead Rising 2, 3, 4
Resident Evil Remake, 0, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, Revelations, Revelations 2, Operation Raccoon City
Lost Planet, 2, 3

All these games I played when they came to PC and were all solid with pretty much no issues. So it's really not fair to shit on Capcom imo. I also take particular offense at comparing anyone to Konami b/c Konami now has turned into the biggest piece of shit on the planet. No more Metal Gear games, cancelled probably what could have been the best horror game ever which could have ushered in a new era of horror games (Silent Hills), and hold rights to one of my favorite franchises which is Castlevania... and all they fucking want to do is make Pachinko games out of these beloved franchises. Fuck Konami, and let's not start comparing Capcom to them especially since Capcom is making a concerted effort in listening to their fans considering how great RE 7 was especially after how off-track RE 6 went from the survival horror of the previous games, and that they are remaking Resident Evil 2. Capcom has turned itself around quite a bit and deserve some credit where credit is due especially considering how solid and amazing RE 7 looked and performed on PC out the gate.

Sounds like Capcom is just weak at porting games developed prior to the 360/PS3 generation. Their PC Resident Evil 4 HD port was decent because it had all of the Wii assets and content, but it wasn't impressive because they skimped on things and the sound really sucked (I'm a stickler for sound), so I'll argue that the Wii version of RE4 is the definitive version.

It's unfortunate that more effort wasn't put forth, but it's par for the course as far as Capcom goes with porting PS2/Wii games. I just wish they could be more consistent, Dead Rising 1 on Steam--great, DMC Collection--meh.

As stated above, I have not had a single issue with any Capcom port except for Resident Evil 4. Capcom imo has had a good track record of having decent ports to PC. I haven't tried the DMC collection but that's b/c I was going to get it for PS4.

Last edited:
Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 5, and Street Fighter x Tekken are also absolutely fantastic PC ports. RE6 might have been a weak offering in general, but the PC version looks and runs well. 7 is among the best ports from the last few years.
The Devil May Cry HD Collection nets you 3 games for $30 and it was ported by a sub-developer. It's disappointing, but I don't think it diminishes Capcom's excellent record for PC games. For all I know, if they went too far with the changes the purists might flip out. That's the case with their new Street Fighter Anniversary release. Fans demanded pixel perfect arcade ports, so that's what we're getting.

Let me just say that DMC 3 is the best in the series, by far. And every gamer should play it and experience it. Its nice that PC gamers can now enjoy it and Fans like me can go back and relive the awesomeness. The first time I realized this is when I got the guitar axe weapon and went crazy with it. Love the crazy combos.
This isn't the first time DMC 3 has had a PC release. Only DMC and DMC 2 have never seen a release on PC before.

Unless you play a lot of classic games, I'd be careful about going back to those older DMC games. Not being able to look around with the right stick drove me bonkers. I get that wasn't a thing at the time, but you'd be surprised how maddening it is now that we're all used to it.

Unless you play a lot of classic games, I'd be careful about going back to those older DMC games. Not being able to look around with the right stick drove me bonkers. I get that wasn't a thing at the time, but you'd be surprised how maddening it is now that we're all used to it.

That is relatively true, but they did do a serviceable job of compensating for that in doing changing camera angles.

The main reason I would suggest playing the original Devil May Cry is that the scenery, music, and tone is way better than the others. It's like a Gothic, scary action game. I like it quite a bit.

What kind of game is this?
I mean this game lie on which genre?

Hack'n'slash type of game. DMC3 is one of the best there is. Very challenging but has a deep combat system. DMC1 was great for its time but can't say how well it has aged. Skip DMC2.

Back