Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Armenius, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...oming-to-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one-on-march-13-2018
    The collection will include Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. This will be the first time the first two games in the series make their way to PC. It will release digitally and physically at $29.99 USD.

zamardii12 likes this.
  2. Armenius

Official trailer.

Look in the description on Youtube for a link to get the first game for free with Twitch Prime.

zamardii12 likes this.
  3. zamardii12

zamardii12 [H]ard|Gawd

I REALLY can't wait to replay the original Devil May Cry.

Krenum, T4rd, Armenius and 1 other person like this.
  4. Armenius

Same. It's the one I'm most excited for.

5. zamardii12

zamardii12 [H]ard|Gawd

I recently started up the HD Collection on PS3 and the original Devil May Cry had by-far the best atmosphere. I hope they fix the camera to give you a little more control because I found it to have too much of a mind of it's own. As soon as I saw that they are releasing it for PS4 I stopped playing on PS3 b/c that's the only reason I had the system out anyway.

The atmosphere of the first game was great as was the music. Creepy organ music, scary gothic atmosphere, but with dual gun action. Definitely was great. Never beat it, but I think I may try once the PS4 version drops.

Armenius likes this.
  6. Derangel

Derangel [H]ardForum Junkie

If you have Twitch Prime, or link your Amazon Prime account to Twitch, you will get the first game for free starting the 27th.

MavericK and Armenius like this.
  7. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Me too! The 4th game was also good.

8. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

I'll definitely be grabbing DMC1 from Twitch Prime, that's the only one I want to replay for a few minutes.

9. chameleoneel

chameleoneel 2[H]4U

Devil May Cry revolutionized action games by creating a whole new sub-genre. Resulting in lots of games borrowing and copying, to varying degrees of success.

Devil May Cry 3 constructively adds all good things and is one of the best games ever made. Fans of souls games or Nioh, ought to give it a try.

Kinsaras and Armenius like this.
  10. vegeta535

vegeta535 [H]ard|Gawd

Idk about this series. I loved the first one but for some reason the series died for me after it. I had no interest in any of the later games. I got like half way through the 4th one and just stop playing it. Never even picked up 2 or 3.

11. Kinsaras

Kinsaras 2[H]4U

Well if you ever do, skip 2. It's certainly the black sheep of the series and I'm far from the only one who thinks this.

Part 3 was my favorite in the series.

12. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

Sounds like you played all you needed to play! I also liked the first one, it was original, but I also wasn't fond of the sequels. I played through DMC4 and felt that, after playing through half the game, the rest was back-tracking and replaying all of the bosses, super lame filler content. Fortunately, that formula didn't carry over to DmC (2013), so that was actually a fun game.

13. Domingo

Domingo [H]ardForum Junkie

I played the first 3rd, 4th, and remake. I can't recall why I skipped the 2nd one on the PS2, but I do remember unsuccessfully trying to get the PC one to work way after the fact. That port was during the period where Capcom's PC efforts were horrible.

Any fans of Ninja Gaiden or the Souls games awe it to themselves to play these. They're more twitchy than the Souls games, but you'll appreciate the difficulty.