Deus Ex problem

My wife is playing Deus Ex on an older Dell with onboard Intel video. The game actually has been running fine since it's an older game. For some reason though we are now having a problem with one level, the heliport area in the tunnels. When the game goes to load a new map the "loading" screen comes up and the game freezes. It only is doing it on that level. Any other part of the game it works fine. I re-installed the game, patched with the latest patch. Disabled various settings and lowered all settings. Ran the game in Deus Ex safe mode. Still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Firstoff, you are one lucky guy to have a wife that likes Deus Ex (best game ever), but as to your actual problem, what OS? You could try running it it compatability mode

Thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try but didn't work. I actually left the game on "loading" while we went out to eat, hoping maybe the next map would load eventually. When we came back the game had crashed and the error message indicated some type of infinite loop error.
Another strange thing that I didn't mention before was I have Deus Ex on my rig (in my profile). I copied her save game on my pc, loaded the game and the same damn thing happened. I never had problems before with that game.

What is the install method? Retail disc, or steam? I would recommend reinstalling, but since you tried on a different setup chances are slim that is the problem.

If you have an earlier save try loading up one of those. Maybe the save itself is corrupted and has the engine looking for something that isn't there. I can try on my machine since I recently reinstalled. If it works it should just be a matter of comparing specs and version numbers. If not no harm nor foul.

I'd give my email, but that might as well be asking for your's, so just put it on rapidshare, or some other free file share host. I'll have email notification on the thread enabled, however.

well it could be that the data copied from the installation CD was corrupted, maybe you have a scratched CD or something, some games just don´t apply an CRC on the installation process. That happened to me in Vampire Bloodlines, it was the same problem that u are having now

Yeah sounds like the save file is corrupted. I seem to remember this happening to me some years ago...

Ply

Winner goes to corrupted save game apparently. I had her reload a save prior to entering the heliport area and replay from there. Things are working once again. Odd that all the saves from heliport were all screwy apparently. Problem solved, thanks for the suggestions.

pics of the wife? ;) :p

I can still enjoy a good round of Deus Ex. Maybe my disk is finally hosed but it doesn't run well on XP anymore. Textures are kind of screwed up in spots, esp. the night sky/clouds.

Back