Deus Ex Mankind Divided Preorder Bonuses Announced...

Looks like they want to make sure you can't get everything from the get go, so they can sell what your missing to you has DLC.

Oh well, wait for the game of the year edition to go on sale on steam for $20 in a year or so. I've got a backlog, so I can afford to be patient.

Steam does this already with tons of stuff. So its an accepted business model. If you guys are gonna hate on Deus Ex for doing it. Then boycott Steam as well.. But i'm sure that will never happen.

Steam does this already with tons of stuff. So its an accepted business model. If you guys are gonna hate on Deus Ex for doing it. Then boycott Steam as well.. But i'm sure that will never happen.

Example?

Plenty, it was well received here because they gave DLC and a free game. Bioshock Infinite was one example. Was the other Tomb Raider? If a certain number of people ordered, more tiers were unlocked. Wish I could find the threads. Even GMG did similar, and again, it was well received on this very forum.

I'm not asking as if I disbelieve, I'm asking to know. I do own both hose games, but I don't think I directly bought either of them. Can't remember. I didn't see the thread of either though... maybe because I wasn't all that interested in either of those games. So maybe it's a different group of people on this then.

Plenty, it was well received here because they gave DLC and a free game. Bioshock Infinite was one example. Was the other Tomb Raider? If a certain number of people ordered, more tiers were unlocked. Wish I could find the threads. Even GMG did similar, and again, it was well received on this very forum.

I think Thief did too, all owned my Eidos Interactive, I see a trend here.

iirc portal 2 was the first to do it, but it was even more bs like people had to buy a certain number of games during a steam sale or something

Do you hate steam that much? If it happens with a game I simply don't buy that game, but why would I boycott steam? And what do you suppose I do with the games I already have in my library?

Why don't we go ahead and boycott the computer? Or kill the bastard at the source and boycott electricity, that should do it!

I got Deus Ex 1, 2, Human Revolution ( including all the DLCs ) for 15 bucks. I call this, "The Day I Raped Eidos".

Purchased: Jul 12, 2012 @ 1:04pm
Deus Ex Collection - $14.99 USD
Subtotal $59.99 USD
Discount $45.00 USD (75%)
Total $14.99 USD

Purchasing the soundtrack on CD, from Michael McMcCann's website probably cost more than the actual game.

Do you hate steam that much? If it happens with a game I simply don't buy that game, but why would I boycott steam? And what do you suppose I do with the games I already have in my library?

Why don't we go ahead and boycott the computer? Or kill the bastard at the source and boycott electricity, that should do it!

Cause Valve does it too? Do you love steam that much?

I got Deus Ex 1, 2, Human Revolution ( including all the DLCs ) for 15 bucks. I call this, "The Day I Raped Eidos".

Purchased: Jul 12, 2012 @ 1:04pm
Deus Ex Collection - $14.99 USD
Subtotal $59.99 USD
Discount $45.00 USD (75%)
Total $14.99 USD

Purchasing the soundtrack on CD, from Michael McMcCann's website probably cost more than the actual game.
That's 15$ they didn't have the day before for a (what I assume) is a digital download which costs them almost nothing, hardly see how that qualifies as "raped"...

The Classic Pack
The Enforcer Pack
The Intruder Pack
Digital Novella
Digital Comic Book
Extra in-game Mission
Digital Artbook
Digital OST Sampler

People are up in arms over this crap?

After the historical debacle that was Arkham Knight, I'll never pre-order a game again. This is on my day 1 buy list tho. I'll wait maybe a day to make sure it's not a totally F'd up console port. My gut tells me it won't be so I expect to be $60 lighter the day it releases.

After the historical debacle that was Arkham Knight, I'll never pre-order a game again. This is on my day 1 buy list tho. I'll wait maybe a day to make sure it's not a totally F'd up console port. My gut tells me it won't be so I expect to be $60 lighter the day it releases.

If you buy it on the first day instead of waiting to see what issues come up, how is that any different than preordering? :p

I was just about to link to Jim Sterling's video when I saw this thread. I have to say, I agree with him 100%. Everyone that preorders a game without waiting for reviews or feedback from the community is responsible for these calloused, bullshit money grabs that the industry is now foaming at the mouth and seizing heavily to get.

My jaw hits the floor when people actually defend pre-ordering and the bullshot trinkets they get in exchange.

#nomorepreorders

Cause Valve does it too? Do you love steam that much?

I love steam as much as I love not having to put dozens of disks in my drives, wait hours for install, and then having to put back the damn disk each time I want to play any game.

I was just about to link to Jim Sterling's video when I saw this thread. I have to say, I agree with him 100%. Everyone that preorders a game without waiting for reviews or feedback from the community is responsible for these calloused, bullshit money grabs that the industry is now foaming at the mouth and seizing heavily to get.

My jaw hits the floor when people actually defend pre-ordering and the bullshot trinkets they get in exchange.

#nomorepreorders

I don't really defend preordering but it's hardly preordering that's the only thing driving it. An increase in price dropping is doubtlessly one of the things as well as the preconceived notion of piracy.

i never pre order anything. Back in time i remember pre order was = to better price.

I don't really defend preordering but it's hardly preordering that's the only thing driving it. An increase in price dropping is doubtlessly one of the things as well as the preconceived notion of piracy.

Which has proven to be bullshit. A pirated copy does not necessarily equal lost sales.

If you buy it on the first day instead of waiting to see what issues come up, how is that any different than preordering? :p

Easy. Just let the pre-order guys test it out for me. We knew AK was borked within hours of release. ;)

I think that may be a problem. As people have become accustomed to low prices on PC, they're increasingly waiting for sales. So they're probably trying to regain as many day one sales (where the money is made and future of the franchise is secured).

I have on occasion bought a pre-order from Amazon, they used to give discounts on your next purchase of a game.....haven't seen that in a while though.

I think that may be a problem. As people have become accustomed to low prices on PC, they're increasingly waiting for sales. So they're probably trying to regain as many day one sales (where the money is made and future of the franchise is secured).

It's not actually a physical hardware that costs money to manufacture. So they stand to make money on even an $5 sale 5 years after release.

People don't wait for sales because there are sales, they wait because the current price point for new games is unrealistic. At least I do. I refuse to pay €60 for any game. So if there are any other people like me out there like me who think that price is too much, then they loose a complete sale. I'd go as far as €40 but not further. And it's not like I'll wait for the game to become 40 and then I buy it. If I'm already late to the party then it doesn't matter if I wait 3 months or a year. So I'll just get it for under 10 at the next big sale. So on me they would gain €30 on every game if they'd just sell it for €40 when it's new.

#nomorepreorders

I agree. I will not preorder a new game. I love HR but I will wait for this one to be 15 bucks. I do not understand why its so hard for people to wait till the first day at the earliest or for the pack with all the included DLC for $15 at the smartest.

Back