Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Announcement Trailer

I had to watch this trailer 3 times. Lots of freaking wallpaper worthy shots. Wish I had an less compressed copy.

I know it's not actual gameplay, but man this thing hypes me so much.

I'm going to play the snot out of this game and 100% it just like the last one.

My only wish would be some deeper skills customization and a mode for better replayability. Also from the rumors it seems as all endings from DX:HR will not be canon. Hope the story ties things up nice. Can't wait!

I just didn't like how DX:HR, you still needed to invest in combat skills to beat some of the bosses. If you went heavily in stealth, you were SOL on some boss battles.

Do want.

I seriously loved HR - one of my top games ever. I'm thrilled they kept Jensen, he was just a great character and is well voiced by Elias Toufexis.

Here's hoping the game has some length to it - i would love it if we could approach 40 hours of gameplay.

Looks great!

Hopefully the boss battles aren't outsourced again (believe that's what happened) and are a pain in the butt to beat.

No gameplay but lots of cut scene. But seriously if humanity had that kind of technology we wouldn't die. Wouldn't age. No cancer. You'd need more than a bullet to kill someone.

I'll likely buy this straight up because I liked HR so much. I'm wondering if the fighting in the trailer is indicative of changes to the gameplay.

Looks great. Human Revolution was one of the best games in recent years, and the original Deus Ex is one of the greatest games of all time. I will be buying this day one.

OWWWWWWWWW, I gotta get a new video card. Yes Yes Yes. This is gonna be fun. :eek:

BAM, Michael McCann is back as soundtrack composer! You can hear his music in the trailer

Will definitely be a day one purchase for me as well. While the combat was a bit unbalanced on some of the boss fights (as has been pointed out), it still played well, the stealth worked for the most part, and the story was very well done. Multiple playthroughs.

Will probably playthrough HR again, before this drops.

I just didn't like how DX:HR, you still needed to invest in combat skills to beat some of the bosses. If you went heavily in stealth, you were SOL on some boss battles.

That was changed in the Director's Cut I believe. You no longer have to fight them, I believe you can stealth around them now.

That was changed in the Director's Cut I believe. You no longer have to fight them, I believe you can stealth around them now.

No you still have to fight them but there are more options to use the environment against them as opposed to direct combat with guns. For example you can active turrets, bots or environment hazards. The actual boss areas are redesigned. There are also more weapons located in the actual boss areas incase you didn't bring any.

Although in the actual original base game the boss fights were do able without combat augs and bringing in a lot of weapons even on the hardest difficulty (I played Pacifist, hardest difficulty, and started with hacking->stealth->combat build on first play through). Just having the basic pistol is enough, grenades a bonus (easier), everything else is redundant really.

Boss 1 is beatable without using any weapons. Or failing that a pistol/grenade makes it a bit simpler.

Boss 2 is really the most "combat" necessary one but also is the weakest in direct combat out.

Boss 3 can be beaten without any weapons quite easily in the original via a takedown. Also rather easily if you have an upgraded combat rifle or the laser rifle (avaiable in the same level).

Boss 4 can be beaten via firing one shot rather easily (especially at that point in the game with all your upgrades). Or rather cheesed with a laser rifle.

Just to add something that is rather consistent in both DX1, DX2, and DXHR is "heavy" weapons aren't really needed or even the most effective.

The pistol and melee (or takedowns) are the most effective weapons on all 3 games with grenades as support. Especially if you factor in inventory management and ammo supply.

Although in DX2 you could do some funny cheese with the spybot aug and/or rocket launcher.

I'm going to look crazy, but I have never played a Deus Ex... I even own them in Steam.

But, wow, I'm going to start one here very soon.

I'm going to look crazy, but I have never played a Deus Ex... I even own them in Steam.

But, wow, I'm going to start one here very soon.

Human Revolution is set before the original Deus Ex. It's also a modern game that will be much easier to get into. Play that and then play the original Deus Ex. If you really like those two games, try Invisible War. I didn't think DXIW was as bad as people made it out to be. It was just way too short and a bit dumbed down compared to the first game.

Just to add something that is rather consistent in both DX1, DX2, and DXHR is "heavy" weapons aren't really needed or even the most effective.

The pistol and melee (or takedowns) are the most effective weapons on all 3 games with grenades as support. Especially if you factor in inventory management and ammo supply.

Although in DX2 you could do some funny cheese with the spybot aug and/or rocket launcher.

That's a good point, and it always kinda bothered me. In DXHR i was able to make the heavy machinegun quite useful, but rocket launcher/laser gun? Too big, not enough ammo, etc. I'd like to see them make Heavy Weapons more mainstream for sure!

Cannot wait for this one. Absolutely loved HR despite not being able to get into the previous games. McCann's music and the atmosphere of HR were just off the charts and made the game what it was in my opinion. Looks like theyre keeping the same thing going on here which I like. No need to fix shit that aint broke. Ill be in line for a copy on day 1 most likely or at least week 1 after a couple reviews come out.

Now that. Is a GOOD trailer. I loved the first game, this one looks amazing too, I hope it pans out that way.

This is the first thing I've seen in ages that's tempting me to break my "no more preorders" vow.

Grrrr......

Back