Deus Ex Human Revolution preorder discounts at GMG

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
New Coupon Code -
FACEB-JULY4-20PEC expires Aug 1st. Last one for this promotion.

Game is Steamwork's, so it can be and must be activated on Steam. I ordered the AE edition from Canada, and it gave me the NA release date of Aug 23rd.

GMG referral system -

The referer and referee each get $5 credit to their account once the referee spends $5. Look for referral links posted by users in the thread. System is cookie based. Use mine if you can :D (its in the thread, but I won't post it up here to avoid self plugging).

Regular Edition (http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/rpgs/deus-ex-human-revolution/) -

$49.99 - 28% off = $35.99
- 20% off coupon (one use I believe) FACEB-JULY3-20PEC (until July 24th)
= $28.80

Augmented Edition (http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/rpgs/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition/)-

$59.99 - 16% off = $49.99
- 20% off coupon (one use I believe) FACEB-JULY3-20PEC (until July 24th)
= $40.00
The bonus Deux Ex copy they gave me was for their service (not Steam) and has a trade in value of $1.80 when making a future purchase.
I also got $5 in store credit for a future purchase as well, but I'm not sure why so don't count on this. I did trade in 3 games (from the free game give away), so maybe that is why.

Game is very good since people have hands on impressions from the leak. People might also have impressions from the AMD HardOCP event, since I believe it is being demoed there, but I'm not sure if NDAs apply.

Last edited:
There was another post on the same game, but thanks for reminding people. I ordered a copy earlier. Based on the promo it looks like it expires this week.

Oh I reposted this because the discount changed slightly for the Regular (it is now lower than in the other post) and the old coupon code expired. Also the AE wasn't available yet at the time of that post. Since I preordered that, I could also answer some questions about availability date and how the bonus copy of DX is given out.

Last edited:
Thanks for re-posting this. I had given up on getting in as last time I tried, none of the codes were working.

In for one. Thanks, OP. I also missed the previous code and was going to pre-order anyway.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like the only thing the augmented edition adds is a copy of the Deus Ex. I'm surprised the second Deus Ex game isn't being bundled.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like the only thing the augmented edition adds is a copy of the Deus Ex. I'm surprised the second Deus Ex game isn't being bundled.

The original game really isn't part of the Augmented edtion, that's more of a digital distribution promo. Here's what the AE includes:

1. 44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
2. Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
3. Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
4. E3 Trailer and animated storyboard
5. Exclusive 40-page Artbook

Honestly, I don't know if the premium of the AE is worth the extra $. Maybe for the soundtrack, but that will probably be made available on/after launch from Amazon, iTunes or Emusic. The artbook looks pretty lame IMO, a lot like the one included with the ME2 deluxe edition.

Anyone else having an issue with the date not entering correctly when registering?

I didn't have any problems. The thing I can suggest is that US and UK date formats are different. The site wants you to use DD/MM/YYYY, are you entering it as MM/DD/YYYY?

Are you guys having any problems using a US credit card like some people in the last thread were?

use debit or paypal
i hear people are having problem with CC

Well, I wasn't asking cause I was having trouble; I was just curious. I would rather use my CC than my debit card in case there are any problems. I would prefer not to use paypal at all, cause I'm stupid and don't leave money in there all the time :D Why wouldn't there be a problem with using a debit card?

if you are so worried due to security issue
just get one of those charge card

I don't normally preorder games anymore because of the seemingly increasing number of disappointments that have been released in recent years, but I am sorely tempted to preorder this one...

There's a $5 referral reward (for both the buyer AND referrer) as well. People here that plan to buy it should post their referral links in a chain so everyone gets $10 by buying from a referrer, then by posting their own referral link.

Here's mine if anyone wants to start: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=cugirejo

Also, Kane & Lynch 2 is $5 on their site and the key can be registered into Steam if anyone is looking to use their credit for a steam game.

Well, I wasn't asking cause I was having trouble; I was just curious. I would rather use my CC than my debit card in case there are any problems. I would prefer not to use paypal at all, cause I'm stupid and don't leave money in there all the time :D Why wouldn't there be a problem with using a debit card?

You can just attach a debit card/checking account to Paypal and it will automatically pull out of the account. No need to keep money in Paypal.

Also another referral link: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=zawirade

I don't normally preorder games anymore because of the seemingly increasing number of disappointments that have been released in recent years, but I am sorely tempted to preorder this one...

After playing the review copy I would recommend it. If you're a fan of Sci-Fi Futuristic games, or RPG shooters or Deus Ex, it's worth a buy. I loved every second of the game, it brings a unique feel like STALKER SHOC but with less bugs. It's a breath of fresh air from all the recent games I've played.

After playing the review copy I would recommend it. If you're a fan of Sci-Fi Futuristic games, or RPG shooters or Deus Ex, it's worth a buy. I loved every second of the game, it brings a unique feel like STALKER SHOC but with less bugs. It's a breath of fresh air from all the recent games I've played.

Did you play the original? If so, how would they compare?

If I recall from my purchase confirmation, they will e-mail a Steam code on release day. Someone else might be able to confirm this, though.

Ah, okay, thanks for the heads up. I've been looking forward to this game for a /long/ time!

When I purchased a preorder from D2D what they did was they e-mailed me the code and had the game available as a predownload. The game installs like a steam back up essentially, and only needed to patch some files before being ready. I can't say for GMG though. You might need to check back for the code though.

Here is my referral - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=roziroke
I didn't post about this before, because when I mentioned this type of discount for D2D last time, someone told me it is against forum rules?

I bit on the standard version. The code didn't work until I entered all capital letters. This game is gonna be the GOTY. :)

I think the referral thing is about those spam/pyramid scheme sites that have those "Free Ipod!!!" ads that annoy me to no end, at least that's my understanding.

Did you play the original? If so, how would they compare?

I haven't played in about 5 years but I would probably still rate the original as the best from when I first played it since it was just "Revolutionary" at the time. I liked this one more than IW though. This game is great with all the added features turned off like object glow and playing it on a hard(Deus Ex) difficulty, easy and normal seems to cater towards the console crowd so I recommend PC gamers to play this on hard. It's a game that definitely doesn't hold your hand all the way through but still gives you things that make life much easier compared to the original (my guess is to please the new era gamer boomers.)

The augmentations are fun to play with and definitely add a new element to the game in how you can go about tackling objectives. Bash through walls, crash through a window and ground pound, hack a door, sneak and break necks, snipe from a distance, track through walls and much more. The review was relatively short so you don't get to experience much of the city, the first level did feel rather cramped but lively. Theres so much to do an explore, you can break into random offices and apartments and read funny emails or find passwords and hidden storage rooms. It feels like the original in spirit but still brings a unique experience.

When I purchased a preorder from D2D what they did was they e-mailed me the code and had the game available as a predownload. The game installs like a steam back up essentially, and only needed to patch some files before being ready. I can't say for GMG though. You might need to check back for the code though.

Here is my referral - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=roziroke
I didn't post about this before, because when I mentioned this type of discount for D2D last time, someone told me it is against forum rules?

I used the above referral link. Feel free to use mine:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=pagesimu

I just pre-ordered; I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked for this game :) I remember playing through the first one and loving it, so I hope I feel the same way

Am I understand this right? If I use the referral link I can save another $5 on this game? Or do you get that after your purchase?

Am I understand this right? If I use the referral link I can save another $5 on this game? Or do you get that after your purchase?

I think you'll see the credit afterwards to be used for a future purchase

Hopefully they give out the CD keys early so we can preload the game before release.

Deus Ex is one of the best games of all time. The fact that you could kill any NPC, even kids (who doesn't love killing kids on video games?) and have it affect the storyline is something I still don't really see to this day in games.

Deus Ex IW is not as good, but still a great game.

The $5 credit would go on your account afterwards, the Deus Ex purchase even with the discount is enough to qualify you to get the discount- I think it is if you spent at least 20 bucks with a referral link, you and the referr-er get a $5 credit that you could then use on something else.

Both the referer and referee get $5 store credit once the referee makes a $5+ purchase.

Ah, okay thanks for the update, I wasn't sure on the purchase amount just that Deus Ex's amount was qualified :)

EDIT: This code plus the $5 credit can get you FEAR 3 for 34 bucks: MYVOU-S7XDS-D8OQS and should work for other games as well.

Last edited:
I'm so stoked for this game. I played through the first one like 4 or 5 times and the IW maybe 3 times. Huge fan of this series and I'm glad it is back.

Back