Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99 @ Amazon cause Gamersgate blew it

d3d537c09f0840c8854981ceeaa39e.jpg

Couldnt have said it better myself. A Star Wars ad popping up while Im waiting for the next level to download doesnt have me too worked up. I probably wont mind until they actually rig it to stop gameplay so they can toss in a 30 second commercial. Im sure thats not too far down the road but its not here yet.

I am torn, because I wouldn't mind the sound track, but is it worth $10 for the soundtrack, blarg.

Hey, could anybody pick me up a key? I would paypal you what you payed, if you have heat i'll paypal you first.

Heat is under master noran, i'm in canada and I'm having trouble getting a fake address to work.

Hey, could anybody pick me up a key? I would paypal you what you payed, if you have heat i'll paypal you first.

Heat is under master noran, i'm in canada and I'm having trouble getting a fake address to work.

ygpm

Thanks OP for the deal.

Thanks KickAssCop for the suggestion regarding the temporary hotel address in USA. Works like a charm!

I got it for $20 on Amazon about 2 weeks back.... worth every penny. A bit "different" and the graphics seemed subpar, but not enough to detract from the gameplay. Reminded me of playing Thief.

Alright so Ive got it installed and got a good 30 minutes seat time with it and I can tell this is going to be a fucking epic game!!! The music, the atmosphere, the combat, the controls. Man I cant wait to get home tomorrow and jump into this some more!

I really need to stop visiting this section of [H]. My wallet can't take it anymore.

In for one.

I really need to stop visiting this section of [H]. My wallet can't take it anymore.

In for one.

Hey don't feel bad. I'm tight on cash as well but I just couldn't pass up this game at this price.

I've seen about three loading screens now and not one ad has popped up. Maybe they patched it out? Or maybe Kaspersky is blocking them? IDK, either way I don't really care the game is really fun so far. Just took out two swat members. I take it they are supposed to be your buddies. Oops :D I did get an achievement for it though. :p

got this and i didn't get the tactical dlc.

Did you activate it on Steam? if so, it should have said it when you activated the product. Check it by right clicking on the game, and select View Downloadable Content. It'll be listed there.

activated on steam, it's not in the downloadable content tab.

Thank you OP. Purchased and activated on steam. Didn't seem to get the DLC though when I go to the DLC tab it says I have no downloadable content for this game.

Perhaps the earlier ones got the DLC, and those that purchased later received no DLC...? I got mine earlier this afternoon too

I just updated the OP. I thought this was a Steam deal for everyone but it looks like it isn't so I figure I should clear that up in the OP. Your not missing anything really just two extra weapons and 1000 in extra credit so it is not like you missing levels or anything.

So then Amazon drops the price of the ost from 13 to 4.99, making a make your own augmented edition $5 cheaper than gamersgate. hmmmm Amazon is working hard here to keep me away from GG. But then for 10 I could get the cd and have it in flac, argh!

Yeah I bought the standard off amazon, I will buy the OST separate since it seems the standalone OST is 13 tracks longer than the one included with the augmented edition.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip OP, picked up Napoleon: Total War, Empire: Total War, and Deus Ex: HR. All activated on steam with no issues.

$10 was too good of a deal to pass up. After playing it for just under an hour this is already my GOTY. It has the stealth of MGS, customization of an RPG, dialog of an RPG, and the open endedness when it comes to doing missions and everything else of GTA.

I just bought the game from Amazon, how do I install in through Steam?

I just bought the game from Amazon, how do I install in through Steam?

Take the cdkey Amazon gives you (you can find it in your amazon games library, for one), go to steam select activate product on steam (should be under game tab up top), input key, and that's it. It'll tell you then whether or not the tactical dlc is included

Whatever. You're just telling these companies that you will gladly pay for a game with ads in it.
Have you ever paid to see a movie? You know that they're full of product placement and they show advertisements before them, right? How about a concert? You know that the musicians are given free equipment by various companies in exchange for displaying their names, right? Have you ever played a sports game or a racing game? Those are full of brand names of car manufacturers, parts manufacturers, and teams, and the tracks or arenas often display logos of other companies as well (just like you see in real life at a race or sporting event). Do you pay for cable or satellite TV? Ads are displayed frequently during shows.

There's advertisement everywhere, whether you're paying or not. You're just used to it everywhere other than in games. I'm not going to let a few ads hurt my enjoyment of a quality game like this one, and if it means they get a few more bucks to fund the development of their next good game, then I'd venture to say I'm even in favour of it.

not to mention it's on a loading screen where it doesn't interfere with the gameplay AT ALL.
'hey, you *have* to wait for this to load, maybe you'll be interested in this!'
I see no issue with that at all. Might even see something I'm interested in since I'm a gamer and I bet ads in games will be targeted at gamers.

Also, it's not like there hasn't been product placement in other games already that was IN game.
http://thisismyjoystick.com/editorial/ready-product-placement-in-games/

Dont want the ads....

Build a better pc :D = no loading screens = no ads.

The ads in the game don't bother me at all.....I actually like some of the ads because some of them are for games that I didn't even know existed.......

Back