"DeUHD": New Software Can Remove Copy Protection from Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
It seems that AACS 2.0 has been broken: a Russian company called Arusoft has released a program called DeUHD, which can decrypt Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. It doesn’t work on all Ultra HD Blu-ray players and with all movies yet, however.

DeUHD works on Windows 7, Windows 8(.1) and Windows 10. It does its job in the background and will automatically rip Ultra HD Blu-ray movies when inserted in a compatible optical drive. The resulting decrypted movie can either be saved as folder or ISO file to the HDD and played back with software like VLC Player, Media Player Classic, or KMPlayer. Arusoft claims the picture quality is 1:1 with the original.

(In case this is legit)

Hah! It took years for Microsoft and Hollywood to armwrestle how they should bring UHD movies to PC realm (i think there are still no proper players/software to play 4k discs?) and it was all for nothing. Pirates won anyway. Bloody idiots...

I'm betting in the long run, the movie studios will try and corner piracy by making all major movie releases have a subscription service only option. So, you won't be able to buy a physical copy of a movie on Amazon any more, but you will be able to buy the digital version and stream it on your prime account for example.

(In case this is legit)

Hah! It took years for Microsoft and Hollywood to armwrestle how they should bring UHD movies to PC realm (i think there are still no proper players/software to play 4k discs?) and it was all for nothing. Pirates won anyway. Bloody idiots...

Maybe they should give up on discs and sell USB mem stick ROMs. All TV's got USB ports now, right?

lol

Member Slysoft?

AnyDVD was my shit. Now days it's just too easy to find streaming or torrent online than to bother with this crap anymore.

Without these programs, no content would be available on Bittorrent nor "free" streaming sites.

I'm betting in the long run, the movie studios will try and corner piracy by making all major movie releases have a subscription service only option. So, you won't be able to buy a physical copy of a movie on Amazon any more, but you will be able to buy the digital version and stream it on your prime account for example.

That's going to be so many years out just for the simple fact there are millions without real broadband in USA.

That's going to be so many years out just for the simple fact there are millions without real broadband in USA.

It's a bit more expensive, but satellite internet is available just about everywhere. It may not be great for gaming, but it's perfectly fine for streaming movies. You can get 50GB of download data each month (25mb download speeds - 3mb upload) for under $100 / month.

It's a bit more expensive, but satellite internet is available just about everywhere. It may not be great for gaming, but it's perfectly fine for streaming movies. You can get 50GB of download data each month (25mb download speeds - 3mb upload) for under $100 / month.
That's definitely a touchy subject around here.

You have obviously never had satellite internet. I had it for years and wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. If you use too much data to fast, they slow you down to dial up speeds. But they'll sell you tokens to give you an hour of max speed for $20. Latency is terrible. 50Gb isn't going to stream crap, especially UHD/4K. I would take LTE internet any day over that crap

I bet that it's not decrypting the disc at all, it's just got a player in the background and it's capturing and encoding on the fly.

That wouldn't give you a 1:1 copy

this is what they said "Arusoft claims the picture quality is 1:1 with the original."

notice they said picture quality. You can do an encode and have it look just like the original, pretty much 1:1 but compressed.
If you rip a BD to your drive, you have a 1:1, bit for bit, copy, so it's identical.

There a couple people reporting on experiences
https://club.myce.com/t/initial-experiences-with-deuhd/399259/4

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : E:\Passengers_2016\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 54.0 GiB
Duration : 1 h 56 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 66.6 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate : 109 Mb/s

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@High
Codec ID : 36
Bit rate : 58.1 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.292
Stream size : 47.2 GiB (87%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : SMPTE ST 2084
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000.0000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1529 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 380 cd/m2

Audio #1
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : TrueHD / AC-3
Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD / AC-3
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : Stream extension
Codec ID : 131
Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
Bit rate : 640 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 229 kb/s
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz / 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 532 MiB (1%)

I've been holding out on this software because the reports of success are very hit and miss.

I did grab the LG drive (wh16ns60) from Fry's a couple weeks for $70 on a 1 day sell.

Back