Detecting Keyloggers

Stormwalker

Limp Gawd
Alright, I just got asked by someone at work if there was something out there to detect keyloggers for her home computer. I told her just to run ad-aware and spybot s&d, and to run a good anti-virus program, like Norton or trend micro. However, she got a little more in-depth and said that she believes both her husband and sister are spying on her because they believe she is having an affair or something. Well, I kind of tuned her out once she started talking about her personal life, but while I was standing there thinking of the keylogger problem I realized that I did not know of any specific programs to detect such a thing. This person is not the type of person that should be digging around her registry, so is there some simple program out there designed to specifically detect keylogger programs running on a computer? I may as well make her a recommendation if there is one.

All of the software in the world won't protect you if someone plants a physical keylogger on your keyboard - but the above is a good place to start.

Alright, I forwarded those links over to her, she appreciated it. Thanks for the help and quick responses! If anyone has anything else to add, feel free.

versello said:
Is she having an affair? :eek:

lol, she says no, but I don't really involve myself in other's affairs (no pun intended :p ).

I know MS's anti-spyware has detected more then one keylogger I've used. ;)

Back