Destiny: The Taken King Question

PiERiT

2[H]4U
I didn't see a Destiny thread, and I also don't really know what to search for to figure out my specific scenario, so any help would be appreciated.

I played and beat a physical copy of Destiny back when it launched, then sold it. I also sold my Xbox One and repurchased a different one after that. So, if I purchase Destiny: The Taken King, will it be able to pull down and use my Xbox Live cloud save? Or would I need to repurchase the base game? Or is my save gone since I've switched consoles?

It's a DLC, so you will need the base game to play it. You will still be able to use your saves if they're in the cloud. Don't fret if you need to buy a new copy, as the game is relaunching with all the Season 1 content and The Taken King included for $59.99 US (Legendary Edition).

Original Thread for Destiny
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1825416

Right, The Legendary Edition is what I'd be grabbing. I guess I'll have to see if I do in fact have my cloud saves still.

Thanks!

The newest Game Informer magazine at has a article devoted to the Taken King
Could be great comes out Sept. 15th

It says in Game Informer Bungie listened to the fans and tried to correct it's mistakes but the core games mechanics are the same so I'm not sure how much has changed.
Personally I thought it would be a much smoother game the AI leaves something to be desired.

Haven't touched the game in the last three months really. However, they did sell Ghorn last weekend. :)

Crap, I didn't log in to grab it.

It isn't being upgraded in year two so you wont be missing much. Thunderlord and truth are though :)

Op yes your cloud save and characters will be in tacked. And depending on your level or number of characters you get a boost to level 25 for one character.

If you need to level run strikes to catch up hit me up I Drift 2 i run on xbox one and 360.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13414

Why are the numbers on the Guardians different?

•We’ve altered the way Light and Level are calculated to enable a more streamlined evolution of your characters

•Leveling up your Guardian is now a product of earning experience in the game

•Increasing your Light is now a product of acquiring and equipping more powerful gear

How will you calculate the new numbers you’ll assign to my Guardians in Year Two?

•We’ll determine your level based on the gear in your inventory and your Vault

•Don’t dismantle your best stuff before you begin your Year Two adventure

What about weapons and my armor? The Attack and Defense ratings are different, too!

•We’ve changed the values of Year One items to provide a unified experience that flows seamlessly into Year Two

•Aside from the weapon tuning in Update 2.0, your Year One weapons will perform in Year One activities as you would expect

How do those Exotic Blueprints work?

•When players discover an Exotic, they will also have discovered the Blueprint for it

What do you mean by a Blueprint?

•It’s a schematic required to craft previously discovered weapons and armor

•Once you have collected a Blueprint for an Exotic, you can “purchase” it anew using the required forms of currency

Blueprints enable us to acquire a copy of the same item?

•Blueprints provide you with a new item that must be upgraded

•The Blueprint stations are not an extension of your Vault – your space there has been doubled for easy access to your favorite upgraded items

Where are my Blueprints stored?

•Blueprints are stored in two collection stations near the Vanguards in the Hall of Guardians

•One for Exotic Weapon Blueprints

•One for Exotic Armor Blueprints

How do I unlock new Blueprints?

•They are archived automatically when you discover a new Exotic

Can I share them between my Guardians?

•Yes: Blueprints for discovered Exotics can be accessed by any character on your account

Which Exotics will be available in Year Two?

•In addition to a bunch of brand new Exotics for you to discover in Year Two, we’re redesigning and redeploying select Exotics from Year One
•For example: No Backup Plans has been redesigned
◦We significantly extended the duration of the old perk “Improved Disintegrate”

Did you redesign Gjallarhorn?

•Gjallarhorn will remain a Year One Exotic at Year One levels

How can I acquire the Year Two Exotics that have evolved from Blueprints I discovered in Year One?

•Select weapons and armor pieces that have been redesigned for Year Two can be purchased for Legendary Marks, assuming you discovered the original Year One Blueprints

What are Legendary Marks?

•Legendary Marks will replace Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks as a new form of unifying currency in the Tower

How can I earn Legendary Marks?

•By completing Daily Story Chapters, Weekly Heroic Strikes, and Daily PVP Activities

•By dismantling Year Two Legendary items – assuming you don’t have the maximum value of 200 Legendary Marks associated with your player account

Is there a weekly cap on Legendary Marks?

•There is no cap to how many Legendary Marks a player can earn in a week

•The maximum number of Legendary Marks any player account can hold is capped at 200

Can I also share Legendary Marks between my Guardians?

•Legendary Marks are account-bound like Glimmer and shared across all of your characters

What will happen to my old Vanguard and Crucible Marks from Year One?

•When The Taken King is released, blocks of fifty Vanguard and Crucible Marks will be converted into one reputation consumable

Now that my nameplate displays my Light and Level, where can I strut my Grimoire score?

•It will be displayed under your Level when your Guardian is inspected

Are you raising the Glimmer Cap?

•The Glimmer cap remains as it has been in Year One

•You’ll have plenty to spend it on in Year Two

Can we have more Vault space?

•How about if we double it?

That’s a sampling of the questions we’ve detected since our live studio audience dispersed to get back to work. There are some more out there, but some things are best understood on your own inspection of the Tower, its vendors, and their various wares of mayhem and destruction. You’ll have your chance to decrypt it all first-hand in just a matter of weeks.

We hope this walkabout has given you a head start. Tune in next week, because we’re done teaching. It’s time to Strike!

Last edited:
Destiny doesn't save anything to your console, all your account info is stored on Bungie's servers as long as you are using the same gamertag you will have access to your old character.

"One does not simply beat Destiny"

There is a whole grinding MMO after you get past the main story! Plus the loot that you have a 0.0001% of getting...gotta grind!

I spent many of hours to leveling my guy to +32 before the expansion...haven't even turned it back on for the expansion when it came out.

To answer your question, I feel like the saved data is on the Destiny Servers...and tied to your xbox name.

Side Rant: I do get bummed out for those that have lives outside of gaming, and don't have the time/will to want to grind out forever to get to have a chance to play the large raids in an organized group. Kind of makes gaming as an responsible adult not that much fun in the MMO genre.

I have been playing the hell out of DA:I, yes it is old, but man I have like 60 hours in the game and am not even half ways through. Trying to grab a majority of the achievements.

I think the release date is slated to coincide with 343 studio's Halo 5 release and take away some Steam from Destiny.

If you were to tell me the Taken King is X2 good as Halo 5 I would try it.....

The Taken King comes out September 15. Halo 5 comes out October 27.

I "beat" the story and just couldn't get into the grind for some reason. Apparently they fixed a lot of the problems but I don't know.

One big turn off was limiting what I could do on a daily basis. Only earn X vanguard and such.

The game is so Hard Wizards with Heat sinking missiles Bosses where you need glitches to defeat.
I like the lewt and the tower but that was teh extent of it.

I didn't get into the end-game grind, either, but the PvP was pretty fun in my opinion. The daily limit on the amount of reputation you could earn was also a turn-off for me. But just like Path of Exile I'm willing to give this game another shot when The Taken King is released. The only problem for me is Forza 6 comes out the same day...

I didn't get into the end-game grind, either, but the PvP was pretty fun in my opinion. The daily limit on the amount of reputation you could earn was also a turn-off for me. But just like Path of Exile I'm willing to give this game another shot when The Taken King is released. The only problem for me is Forza 6 comes out the same day...

Alot of people have three characters...doing that three times, of course following MMO style, is a good grind for each day.

They'll also have a quick boost option. So, if you haven't made a third character yet...wait. It'll make the process quicker. I'm going to do that. I have two Titans so I can Raid twice a week and keep the same level. Share equipment and etc...

Unless Bungie adds dedicated servers to PvP its going to stagnate even after TTK. The fact that their competitive PvP mode is P2P is disgusting. Its full of lag switchers , ddos attackers and just general connection issues. Crucible would also greatly benefit from this since they are moving so much of the game into PvP bounties and activities.

Its probably the biggest thing holding the game back. But this is Bungie so I doubt that will change as they couldn't give a shit less and are more concerned with junk like XP bonuses and quests on RedBull cans and crappy console exclusive items/strikes/crucible maps.

Its going to take a lot to hold the interest of the player base after Bungie's "Destiny" beta being year one. If they don't take their demands to heart then I can not see it lasting based on the time I've invested in the game.

Unless Bungie adds dedicated servers to PvP its going to stagnate even after TTK.

They'd have to make it a subscription like $3 a month or $30 a year (discount). They're too cheap to do it otherwise. I'd pay it, but it would have to include some other things like 10% better drop rates, 10% more xp and like 10 more pages of vault cloud space.

They'd have to make it a subscription like $3 a month or $30 a year (discount). They're too cheap to do it otherwise. I'd pay it, but it would have to include some other things like 10% better drop rates, 10% more xp and like 10 more pages of vault cloud space.

Nope. They could sell shaders , emblems and other useless junk and make a fortune. More than enough for dedicated servers. Certainly works great for MOBA's and many free to play type games. As long as it isn't a gun or game altering item then its fine.

Bungie knows this. Its not like they don't have access to this obvious information. The whole "monthly" charge for dedicated servers hasn't worked as an argument since about 2005.

Back