Destiny Players Banned for Using ‘Nefarious Action’ Against Opponents

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Cheaters beware! Bungie has had it up to here with cheaters and is prepared to temporarily ban or even permanently ban players who cheat in the Trials of Osiris. Cheating was in the form of interrupting opponents’ connections, causing a forfeit in game play.

If you earned your victories by sinister means, you may very well have also earned a temporary (or permanent) time-out.

Trials brought cheaters out in force the videos of the cheating are insane. I'm glad they did something.

I woudln't patt them on the back to early. Lets see how stern they are once the game is "unsupported". You know.. ala most developer release models these days. Once "work" has stopped on Version X in 9 months... out goes any care they have for its community.. and "hey... buy this new shiny game with more bugs".

IMO, the industry would be smart to cooperate and share information with one another. Habitual cheaters are likely to simply be cheaters, no matter which game they play, and if the devs had a means of sharing information on the cheaters then they could more effectively permaban them.

Of course, I can already see the cheaters chiming in that this is a horrible idea! ;)

Back